• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN081: Clash!? The Blue Poké-Maniacs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Team Rocket appearing this episode, I'm curious to see if the Prize Master might provide them with some blue coloured Pokemon to use
1631572651443.png

This episode got me thinking, in a world where creatures don’t infinitely spawn and despawn in grass, just how valuable is a shiny?

Like, is a shiny version of a Voltorb, a relatively common pokemon from Kanto and other regions, that more fascinating than, say, a rare starter from faraway Galar or a one of a kind fossil revival? I reckon a shiny Voltorb is easier to come by.

The chances of the show spending any amount of time explaining how the Rocket trio got away from their family in Alola is pretty much zero, right? :mad:

This episode got me thinking, in a world where creatures don’t infinitely spawn and despawn in grass, just how valuable is a shiny?

Like, is a shiny version of a Voltorb, a relatively common pokemon from Kanto and other regions, that more fascinating than, say, a rare starter from faraway Galar or a one of a kind fossil revival? I reckon a shiny Voltorb is easier to come by.
Stop applying game mechanics to the anime, especially those really arbitrary and technical ones.

Stop applying game mechanics to the anime, especially those really arbitrary and technical ones.
How is that applying game mechanics? I’m questioning whether a shiny Voltorb is really that mesmerizing to this blue obsessed guy when compared to the likes of Inteleon and Dracovish that are sitting right over there.

How is that applying game mechanics? I’m questioning whether a shiny Voltorb is really that mesmerizing to this blue obsessed guy when compared to the likes of Inteleon and Dracovish that are sitting right over there.
Oh, sorry, I misread your comment.

But I guess it's because of rarity, like how people want Shiny Pokemon in general? I mean, in real life an Albino Tiger is definitely worth more than some Siamese Cat.
And yeah, I think Albinism is a good real-world counterpart to Shiny Pokemon. Wait, since there are also Albino Humans in real life, does that mean Albino Humans in the Pokemon world are called Shiny Humans?

Will Dracovish even appear in this episode? I want to to appear at least 5 times in the series...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom