• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review JN081: Clash!? The Blue Poké Maniacs!

BlueLugger

Reaction score
I DAMN AWESOME LOVE THIS EPISODE NOW! At least a main character (Goh) caught a Shiny that's BLUE (Voltorb) and the first capture of a shiny of such since Ash caught his Shiny Noctowl SO LONG AGO. I'm curious about Wobbuffet's backstory though, and it was hilarious ta see Pelipper bail on the TRIo already in the latest time of the episode similar to Wobbuffet's case. Too bad we'll never get to hear more of the Patient Pokemon's backstory prior to being with Jessie.
Actually, forget about the "backstory", pre-translations are but an irritation...

Last edited:

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
It seems that the subbers of the site where I watch anime also hated this one.

They posted a message saying that they weren't going to upload it.

It is the first time that this is happening.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Yeah, this was a pretty bad episode. It felt like a complete waste and the CoTD's were kinda annoying. Plus another wasted capture. Also, we're really gonna have an episode focused on blue Pokemon but not even show Lucario, Dracovish, or Inteleon? Just wow. This was bad.

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
I hope brionne got a restraining order against Abel, because good lord I haven't seen someone that thirsty for a pokemon since the fandom discovered gardevoir

And every similar pokemon before and after gardevoir

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
I've noticed that they generally tend to avoid involving Riolu/Lucario and the Sobble line in silly fillers like this (The Marshstomp filler and the Practically Pikachu filler being the only outliners so far) so I'm not too surprised Lucario and Inteleon didn't show up here

Dracovish is actually considered Green in the Pokédex so there's an excuse for that one

Last edited:

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
Wanna be a food critic?

All the dishes in this episode looked uneatable.

Blue is not meant to be consumed, it is weird.

Audino1008

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I hope brionne got a restraining order against Abel, because good lord I haven't seen someone that thirsty for a pokemon since the fandom discovered gardevoir

Yeah, I haven't seen such a creepy CotD since The Original Series. And the other guy wanted a Wobbuffet Body Pillow...

PikachuSmasher

"Nai! Try! LETS HAVE A FIGHT!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him

That scene was outright creepy for a kids show. He deserved a Self Destruct in the face

Enzo

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
It seems that the subbers of the site where I watch anime also hated this one.

They posted a message saying that they weren't going to upload it.

It is the first time that this is happening.
Wait.

The subbers straight up refused to upload it? LMAO

Singaporean

Reaction score
My apologize for the late review for my own opinion. As for this episode is just another alright episode for two CotD character arguing over who will get the best blue admiration and also help Ash's and his friends to beat Team Rocket to save their Pokemon and also scare away Pelipper in order to preven the prize master to drop down for engagement.

Overall rating: C+

PikachuSmasher

"Nai! Try! LETS HAVE A FIGHT!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Wait.

The subbers straight up refused to upload it? LMAO
Dang. The episode was that bad huh? I knew it was terrible and watching the episode again. I lowered my rating to a 2/10, but the subs, really?

0cerge

Reaction score
I think it was a great episode with its irony in relation to fandoms which always have some maniacs within, who can be very different in their opinions.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
I think it was a great episode with its irony in relation to fandoms which always have some maniacs within, who can be very different in their opinions.
Well good thing I (don't think) any shiny Gardevoirs showed up.

....I think. IDK, I think if there were people going ga ga over a Gardevoir I'd have heard it right now.

Twilight-Kun

Reaction score
Well good thing I (don't think) any shiny Gardevoirs showed up.

....I think. IDK, I think if there were people going ga ga over a Gardevoir I'd have heard it right now.
Unfortunately it was Koharu that was gardevoir'd this episode, which should tell you all you need to know about its quality

Really gave Beauty and the Beach a run for its money

Audino1008

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Wanna be a food critic?

All the dishes in this episode looked uneatable.

Blue is not meant to be consumed, it is weird.
I never understood why they spend so much budget on food, just give us some tan squares and be done with it. Or blue squares, in this episode, I guess. But it seems like almost every time a character eats the show is like "WOW! LOOK AT THIS INCREDIBLE DISH! IT LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!"
Like, it's a drawing, I don't care. You're not Studio Ghibli or Food Wars, and they put a massive amount of effort into the food. Going to their level is the only way to make people go "WOW" at literal drawings of food, and you clearly can't do that. It's either you go to their level, or put no effort. There's no middle point, if the amount of effort you put into it is in the middle, it'll have the same effect as no effort at all. Appeal in anime food is completely black and white, and you clearly don't care for going Studio Ghibli levels (not in a bad way, almost no one does), and this show isn't even about food, so why not put the budget somewhere else like in, oh, I dunno, the writing?

And by the way, I laughed out loud when they tried to pass off a slice of toast with some blue jelly as some sort of incredible gourmet dish.
Unfortunately it was Koharu that was gardevoir'd this episode, which should tell you all you need to know about its quality

That's a stretch and you know it.

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
In my case.

I often end up wanting to try the food depicted in most anime, be it me attempting to make it or searching for where to buy it.
Pokemon's Mori no Youkan/Old Gateau is the reason why I tried youkan and now is one of my favourite sweets.

But I found those blue foods repulsive.

KrspaceT

Reaction score

If it was near that bad she'd have been in a blue swimsuit.

...It's more that Lillie mud scene than Beauty and the Beach

Twilight-Kun

Reaction score
In my case.

I often end up wanting to try the food depicted in most anime, be it me attempting to make it or searching for where to buy it.
Pokemon's Mori no Youkan/Old Gateau is the reason why I tried youkan and now is one of my favourite sweets.

But I found those blue foods repulsive.
A lot of niche cult foods usually are. But there's still demand do it, so...

Kurolegacy

Reaction score

I feel like I’ve missed some context on this one. What happened to her?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Top Bottom