• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN081: Clash!? The Blue Poké Maniacs!

I DAMN AWESOME LOVE THIS EPISODE NOW! At least a main character (Goh) caught a Shiny that's BLUE (Voltorb) and the first capture of a shiny of such since Ash caught his Shiny Noctowl SO LONG AGO. I'm curious about Wobbuffet's backstory though, and it was hilarious ta see Pelipper bail on the TRIo already in the latest time of the episode similar to Wobbuffet's case. Too bad we'll never get to hear more of the Patient Pokemon's backstory prior to being with Jessie.
Actually, forget about the "backstory", pre-translations are but an irritation...

Last edited:
It seems that the subbers of the site where I watch anime also hated this one.

They posted a message saying that they weren't going to upload it.

It is the first time that this is happening.

I've noticed that they generally tend to avoid involving Riolu/Lucario and the Sobble line in silly fillers like this (The Marshstomp filler and the Practically Pikachu filler being the only outliners so far) so I'm not too surprised Lucario and Inteleon didn't show up here

Dracovish is actually considered Green in the Pokédex so there's an excuse for that one

Last edited:
Wanna be a food critic?

All the dishes in this episode looked uneatable.

Blue is not meant to be consumed, it is weird.

I hope brionne got a restraining order against Abel, because good lord I haven't seen someone that thirsty for a pokemon since the fandom discovered gardevoir

And every similar pokemon before and after gardevoir
Yeah, I haven't seen such a creepy CotD since The Original Series. And the other guy wanted a Wobbuffet Body Pillow...

I hope brionne got a restraining order against Abel, because good lord I haven't seen someone that thirsty for a pokemon since the fandom discovered gardevoir

And every similar pokemon before and after gardevoir
That scene was outright creepy for a kids show. He deserved a Self Destruct in the face

My apologize for the late review for my own opinion. As for this episode is just another alright episode for two CotD character arguing over who will get the best blue admiration and also help Ash's and his friends to beat Team Rocket to save their Pokemon and also scare away Pelipper in order to preven the prize master to drop down for engagement.

Overall rating: C+

Wait.

The subbers straight up refused to upload it? LMAO
Dang. The episode was that bad huh? I knew it was terrible and watching the episode again. I lowered my rating to a 2/10, but the subs, really?

I think it was a great episode with its irony in relation to fandoms which always have some maniacs within, who can be very different in their opinions.

I think it was a great episode with its irony in relation to fandoms which always have some maniacs within, who can be very different in their opinions.
Well good thing I (don't think) any shiny Gardevoirs showed up.

....I think. IDK, I think if there were people going ga ga over a Gardevoir I'd have heard it right now.

Well good thing I (don't think) any shiny Gardevoirs showed up.

....I think. IDK, I think if there were people going ga ga over a Gardevoir I'd have heard it right now.
Unfortunately it was Koharu that was gardevoir'd this episode, which should tell you all you need to know about its quality

Really gave Beauty and the Beach a run for its money

Wanna be a food critic?

All the dishes in this episode looked uneatable.

Blue is not meant to be consumed, it is weird.
I never understood why they spend so much budget on food, just give us some tan squares and be done with it. Or blue squares, in this episode, I guess. But it seems like almost every time a character eats the show is like "WOW! LOOK AT THIS INCREDIBLE DISH! IT LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!"
Like, it's a drawing, I don't care. You're not Studio Ghibli or Food Wars, and they put a massive amount of effort into the food. Going to their level is the only way to make people go "WOW" at literal drawings of food, and you clearly can't do that. It's either you go to their level, or put no effort. There's no middle point, if the amount of effort you put into it is in the middle, it'll have the same effect as no effort at all. Appeal in anime food is completely black and white, and you clearly don't care for going Studio Ghibli levels (not in a bad way, almost no one does), and this show isn't even about food, so why not put the budget somewhere else like in, oh, I dunno, the writing?

And by the way, I laughed out loud when they tried to pass off a slice of toast with some blue jelly as some sort of incredible gourmet dish.
Unfortunately it was Koharu that was gardevoir'd this episode, which should tell you all you need to know about its quality

That's a stretch and you know it.

In my case.

I often end up wanting to try the food depicted in most anime, be it me attempting to make it or searching for where to buy it.
Pokemon's Mori no Youkan/Old Gateau is the reason why I tried youkan and now is one of my favourite sweets.

But I found those blue foods repulsive.

If it was near that bad she'd have been in a blue swimsuit.

...It's more that Lillie mud scene than Beauty and the Beach

In my case.

I often end up wanting to try the food depicted in most anime, be it me attempting to make it or searching for where to buy it.
Pokemon's Mori no Youkan/Old Gateau is the reason why I tried youkan and now is one of my favourite sweets.

But I found those blue foods repulsive.
A lot of niche cult foods usually are. But there's still demand do it, so...

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom