• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN081: Clash!? The Blue Poké Maniacs!

In my case.

I often end up wanting to try the food depicted in most anime, be it me attempting to make it or searching for where to buy it.
Pokemon's Mori no Youkan/Old Gateau is the reason why I tried youkan and now is one of my favourite sweets.

But I found those blue foods repulsive.
I just find it really really funny how they tried to make a generic blue slice of bread on a plate look like some sort of Master Chef's choice gourmet dish, and it failed miserably because it's literally the most generic cartoon slice of bread imaginable but blue and on a plate.

I like how the CsOTD defeated Team Rocket and saved the day without help from Ash and co. Don't remember if this has ever happened before, unless they were of importance like an authority figure.

I feel like I’ve missed some context on this one. What happened to her?
One of the Pokémaniacs called Chloe a "Poké-Blue Lady", apparently based solely on the fact that her school uniform has blue accents on it, and it ended up flustering her. Not really a big deal though in my opinion.

One of the Pokémaniacs called Chloe a "Poké-Blue Lady", apparently based solely on the fact that her school uniform has blue accents on it, and it ended up flustering her. Not really a big deal though in my opinion.
Wow, that was really creepy....

Doesn't it count as harassment?

This episode was absolutely tasteless.

Wow, that was really creepy....

Doesn't it count as harassment?

This episode was absolutely tasteless.
I've gotten weird comments about my own clothing before in real life, and it's annoying and a little awkward, but in my experience the people who do that sort of thing are generally well-meaning; they're just overly friendly and could use a little more tact.

I think that was the intent here which is why I gave it the benefit of the doubt, but now that I think about it more I definitely see how the fact that it's a grown man saying that to a preteen girl pushes it into downright creepy territory. Especially when considering the perception of female school uniforms in certain circles...

Honestly I was expecting more love for this episode as not only they put a new animation for the motto, something people were looking for for a long time, they also put a twist on Rocket gacha sequence, another thing people were asking for, by creatively using Pelipper's blue color. I also don't understand what is creepy about CotDs' comments about Koharu, or why they're called the worst CotDs ever.

Honestly I was expecting more love for this episode as not only they put a new animation for the motto, something people were looking for for a long time, they also put a twist on Rocket gacha sequence, another thing people were asking for, by creatively using Pelipper's blue color.
I expected to love this episode, and all of these things including Sonansu lampshading his own origins by popping back into the ball but this episode was (I don’t even know why) SUCH a chore to watch. I actually saw it live and wrote a review which I deleted before posting because I didn’t want to shit on an episode that people may have liked for those reasons. I’m relieved I’m not the only person who found it close enough unwatchable.

I also don't understand what is creepy about CotDs' comments about Koharu
Honestly, I agree with you on that, the Koharu thing is a big stretch. It wasn't really presented in a sexual way.

But the Brionne thing was unwatchably creepy and I don't understand how such a thing got past the censors in the 21st century. Seriously, they were hard as shit for the poor thing.
Some of the comments they made about Wobbuffet were also very creepy, like the guy wanting to print a picture of Wobbuffet on his Body Pillow.

Which was kinda funny, because Ash was right there and he was wearing more blue than her.

Which was kinda funny, because Ash was right there and he was wearing more blue than her.
At that point, it’s a wonder that they weren’t over both kinda like that guy back in Hoenn who was all about knickers being all over May and Max because they were wearing shorts.

Plus, TRio were finally used, so shouldn't you be over the moon? ;P

They were honestly the only thing in this episode that was even remotely bearable.

[USER=130579]CyberMonsterTrainer[/USER] said:
Seiyu question, is James'/Sirfetch'd's Seiyu doing better?

He is recovering, yes.

We know that in the pre-COVID days, at least, the voice actors would record their lines several weeks in advance; Mr. Unshou Ishizuka passed away on August 13th, 2018 but had recorded narration for everything up to the episode that aired on October 7th of that year. So that was about seven weeks in advance.

It was announced that Shin-ichiro Miki had COVID on August 18th, 2021. Now I doubt the show's as ahead of the curve now as it was back in 2018 (COVID's still wreaking havoc on the show's production schedule, after all) but I can imagine that this week's episode was probably the last one Miki recorded before his diagnosis.

Well, this is the latest I’ve watched a Pokemon episode in a long time, and I don’t think it was worth watching to be honest.
The CotDs, in my opinion, weren’t really annoying, just extremely repetitive. When it came to the “battle”, you could see where it was going before they even got to bringing out their Pokemon.
Only positive notes were the two jokes with Pelipper and Wobbuffet, but this episode really needed something to spice it up, and the Pelippper joke took what it needed out of the equation by getting rid of the Gatcha. Although, where’s Morpeko? I reckon that thing could do enough on it’s own, and if Chewtle fell out of the machine, then could have applied the same joke, so, why not use them?

Seriously, it’s kind of a chore to get through most of the fillers this series, which is kind of rare for Pokemon.
On one corner, you have the Eating Contest, which is in my Top 5 of Journeys so far, then you have the Plusle & Minun filler, and this episode. Which one actually used the characters properly by showing off the characteristics of their Pokemon and having the main people involved with the plot?
Then, you just have dire plots - Diglett Farming, Psyduck Love Story, the Half/Half fillers.

Last edited:
Why should Team Rocket have captured Eevee when Meowth has feelings for Chloe?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom