• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN082: Mawhip's Sweet Battle!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how many colors/variants of Alcreime there are you could have Goh catch several of them a la the Flabebe. And, IDK, Ash can catch one who knows Dazzling Gleam because of that odd thing with Gengar's moveset from a while back.

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

An "All-Mawhip Decoration Tournament" where you work with a Mawhip to decorate cakes....?! The special tournament Dande and Kibana will also take part in ends up featuring a rather unusual kind of battles?!

Summary:
Satoshi has got a call from Poplar, the Gym Leader in Arabesque Town, who tells him she's sponsoring a special tournament that both Dande and Kibana are going to enter, and that she'd like him and his friends to take part in as well. Satoshi is super enthused about getting to battle Dande again, but believe it or not, it turns out this tournament is an "All-Mawhip Decoration Tournament" where you team up with a Mawhip and decorate cakes...?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi

I've seen talk on Serebii that Raihan's actor is caught up in some sort of scandal so there could be a recasting of the role
I thought the episodes are made months in advance? Is it possible to recast someone and complete the redub in a short amount of time?

I thought the episodes are made months in advance? Is it possible to recast someone and complete the redub in a short amount of time?
The episodes are animated months in advanced. The voice work typically happens much later. They wouln't have done it when he went on hiatus.

FF343877-6454-4068-9A76-3E225BC64D79.jpeg

Well we find out tomorrow.

...I"m already preparing myslef for a new 'GOH CAUGHT A POKEMON ASH/CHLOE SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT' rage with Alcremie, though hard to say how it all goes with that really.

Look like, I'll won't be able to watch it live due to real life work. Have to see the replay.

Well we find out tomorrow.

...I"m already preparing myslef for a new 'GOH CAUGHT A POKEMON ASH/CHLOE SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT' rage with Alcremie, though hard to say how it all goes with that really.
Except nothing about alcremie fits Ash's fighting style, so it's just people getting mad for the sake of getting mad

My predictions for the episode:
Bede will be introduced
Goh and Ash/Chloe will catch Alcreamie
Leon will catch Alcreamie
Chloe will catch or at least meet Ponyta again
Raihan will officially acknowledge Ash as his rival

Except nothing about alcremie fits Ash's fighting style, so it's just people getting mad for the sake of getting mad
I don’t have any opinions on Ash getting an Alcremie, but, Ash always receives Pokémon that don’t fit his "fighting style" so I don’t know why it’s an argument against him getting anything.

I mean, if he can get Muk, Torkoal, Torterra, Palpitoad, Boldore and Goodra, Pokémon who all absolutely don't fit Ash's ''speedy hyper offense'' style, an Alcremie is not that unlikely.

I will admit it: I would love for Ash to finally have a Fairy, especially a more ''feminine'' one, but she would just get the same fate as the others on Ash's current team, so it's for the best he doesn't gets it, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom