• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN083: The Py That Became A Star

Probably because they're portrayed in the main anime consistently as beings with power rivalling that of Legendaries and Goh getting both Suicune and Eternatus as well as barely failing to catch Zapdos was seen as controversial
They're actually Reality Warpers.

Probably because they're portrayed in the main anime consistently as beings with power rivalling that of Legendaries and Goh getting both Suicune and Eternatus as well as barely failing to catch Zapdos was seen as controversial
There's literally a DP ep where Ash and co. beat up a lot of them. Aipom even evolved from it.

The plot felt a little similar to the 3rd movie. The only thing this episode really had going for it was the return of our glorious queen Champion Cynthia and seeing her get to interact with Ash again.
That was the worst part of the episode. If she hadn't returned, Ash would have been forced to recall how the Unown can be handled. Instead we got to see Cynthia use brute force, yay.

We're going to see her anyway at least twice, sheesh.

Last edited:
What I would have improved in the plot is how Goh catches Murkrow. Instead of making him catch it because it looks sad, I would have connected its Pokédex entry with the plot and have it alienated by people of the town because they blame Murkrow's "bad luck" for what's happening, so Goh suggests it to come along where it would be treated well by his other Pokémon.

Rest of the episode gives a satisfying impression on me. One of the greater episodes of Journeys series.

I don't really personally like fanfics that give characters different personalities than what they had in official canon.

And I don't like Parkers whose response to their sister getting on the Infinity Train is to gain godlike powers and create an UnChloe.

And I don't like Parkers whose response to their sister getting on the Infinity Train is to gain godlike powers and create an UnChloe.
Or torture people and that's about worse than Chloe who herself already comes across as a brat in that fanfic with flimsy moral justification

Stop getting derailed by a dreadful fic.

Seriously, that thing is absolutely awful.

I don't mind Gaburias being that powerful.

Go didn't get Eternatus though?

Which episode has it chilling at the lab with all his other pokemon?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom