• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN084: Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, people hate Dragonite and Krookodile!?

...And yeah, it is kind of annoying. Like the only one of them that ever, to me, felt like it was getting too much was Infernape. And I don't hate Infernape, I just think they could have done more to give the other mons standout moments
Even then, most of the Sinnoh team was still able to get a little something for themselves. Really the only one that was truly completely shafted was poor Torterra.

Also, I'm not sure Dragonite or Krookodile even qualify, since neither really did much, or in Dragonite's case hasn't done much: literally the only reason Dragonite has a 100% winrate is because she's been in two battles total. Krookodile, meanwhile, was caught fairly late.

This whole “I’m going to hate all of Ash’s strong/ace Pokémon every gen” mentality is tired.

Wait! People hate Talonflame?????

Here is the thing though. Most regions have multiple aces. With this, i mean an overall ace (Who outperforms the rest of its team in the majority of the region) and the League ace (Who outperforms the rest of the team at the league).

Kanto - Pikachu is the overall ace (Also League ace)
Johto - Pikachu is the overall ace, while Charizard is the league ace (Outperformed Pikachu in 2 battles, one of which Pikachu wasn't even allowed to fight).
Hoenn - Sceptile is the overall ace, Glalie is the league ace.
Sinnoh - Infernape is the overall ace. You can argue if its the league ace as well, considering it only fought one battle. So i am making Pikachu the league ace, since it performed well against Paul and had a tie against a Legendary.
Unova - The overall ace is hard to determine here. I am leaning more towards Pignite than Krookodile (Cuz Tepig came way before Krookodile did and as such, was able to make his mark in gym battles before Krookodile was even a thing and Krookodile only fought 2 gym battles compared to Tepig/Pignites five and their league matches were about the same, both battling once). But there are cases to be made for both, due to Krookodile smashing Iris's Dragonite. The league ace is obviously Pikachu
Kalos - Talonflame is the overall ace, Greninja is the league ace. Talonflame outperforms the rest of the Kalos team in the gym run (Fighting 7 gyms, not going doing without a win in six of them, the only one he went down without a win was against Grant). Greninja in comparsion only fought 4 gym battles, with Ramos being the only one he performed well in, it needed to be carried by Talonflame through its match with Olympia, with the last battle against Wulfric not even being a base Greninja feat, but an Ash-Greninja feat (Base Greninja couldn't defeat Wulfric beforehand). And while Talonflame never went down in the league without taking another mon with him, unlike during the gym run, Greninja was more important during the league, while it was reverse during the gym run.
Alola: Overall ace is Lycanroc. League is Torracat.

Wait! People hate Talonflame?????

Here is the thing though. Most regions have multiple aces. With this, i mean an overall ace (Who outperforms the rest of its team in the majority of the region) and the League ace (Who outperforms the rest of the team at the league).

Kanto - Pikachu is the overall ace (Also League ace)
Johto - Pikachu is the overall ace, while Charizard is the league ace (Outperformed Pikachu in 2 battles, one of which Pikachu wasn't even allowed to fight).
Hoenn - Sceptile is the overall ace, Glalie is the league ace.
Sinnoh - Infernape is the overall ace. You can argue if its the league ace as well, considering it only fought one battle. So i am making Pikachu the league ace, since it performed well against Paul and had a tie against a Legendary.
Unova - The overall ace is hard to determine here. I am leaning more towards Pignite than Krookodile (Cuz Tepig came way before Krookodile did and as such, was able to make his mark in gym battles before Krookodile was even a thing and Krookodile only fought 2 gym battles compared to Tepig/Pignites five and their league matches were about the same, both battling once). But there are cases to be made for both, due to Krookodile smashing Iris's Dragonite. The league ace is obviously Pikachu
Kalos - Talonflame is the overall ace, Greninja is the league ace. Talonflame outperforms the rest of the Kalos team in the gym run (Fighting 7 gyms, not going doing without a win in six of them, the only one he went down without a win was against Grant). Greninja in comparsion only fought 4 gym battles, with Ramos being the only one he performed well in, it needed to be carried by Talonflame through its match with Olympia, with the last battle against Wulfric not even being a base Greninja feat, but an Ash-Greninja feat (Base Greninja couldn't defeat Wulfric beforehand). And while Talonflame never went down in the league without taking another mon with him, unlike during the gym run, Greninja was more important during the league, while it was reverse during the gym run.
Alola: Overall ace is Lycanroc. League is Torracat.
I agree with Talonflame being the ace, but it's ace ranking stopped at XYZ. IN XYZ, since we got Ash Greninja, that became Ash's new ace for the series until its release. While Talonflame did get many wins before XYZ, after it Greninja was the star and was regarded as the ace.

This whole “I’m going to hate all of Ash’s strong/ace Pokémon every gen” mentality is tired.
I dunno a single a single person who hates Sceptile, Infernape, Krookodile, or Lycanroc

Charizard gets flack because of his personality pre-character development and partially because how of Gamefreak shills the species in general way too hard

Greninja because of it's pseudo Mega form that came out of nowhere and again Gamefreak shilled the species too hard

Lucario because of the way it's hyped up without having much character development. And once AGAIN its also to pin on Gamefreak's shilling

The others have been nearly universally beloved.

Lucario because of the way it's hyped up without having much character development. And once AGAIN its also to pin on Gamefreak's shilling
In my case it's less due to shilling and more about Satoshi's receiving such undeserved treatment.
Since that particular Lucario hasn't been developed or done anything to justify getting a Mega or being considered the Ace.
I think that the Ace this series is actually Pikachu, has the Nuke and Kyodaimax, whom is fated to battle Dande's Lizardon.

I truly want a 'Saraba, Lucario......' episode, sooner than later.

I dunno a single a single person who hates Sceptile, Infernape, Krookodile, or Lycanroc
I feel like Infernape is on a weird position among these you've listed tho.

Yeah, I don't think too many people dislike/hate it, the sheer majority either really loves it or is at least neutral towards it. But the problem is that most people have an issue with how it's was treated and how much focus it pulled that ended up damaging Ash's other mons, Torterra being the biggest victim. Ofc, it's obviously not the monkey's fault ofc. Because welll.... it's a cartoon character. It has no real-life agency. But it's storyline required more time to be written, especially as well it was, so other mons ended up paying the price.

So like.. I don't think people hate it, but I feel like quite a bit of the fandom has some degree of... ''resentment'' towards it because of the fate Infernape's teammates got by lacking development to varying degrees, since it took pretty much nearly all the screen-time available.

I think Torterra is the only one that was really shafted, though: at least the rest of the Sinnoh team was actually able to get wins against Paul, but Torterra was the sole exception (okay, Gible also technically never won against Paul either, but he was never used in any of the battles against the guy anyway, so it's safe to say that Gible doesn't count). Even as a Turtwig, where it was in its prime, Torterra got beaten by Chimchar when the latter was still Paul's Pokemon. And of course we all know the absolute disaster that was the defensive battle style and especially that darn Rock Climb. By contrast, everyone else on the Sinnoh team was able to end their involvement in the Paul rivalry on a high note, with several even getting to display their growth as characters and battler in doing so: Staraptor is literally the only non-Infernape Pokemon of Ash's to beat Paul twice (beating Honchkrow at the PokeRinger competition and later knocking out Weavile completely unaided at the Lake Acuity battle, where it was notably the only Pokemon of Ash's besides Chimchar to actually score a win); Buizel got to show off Ice-Aqua Jet and take out Gastrodon; Gliscor used its newly-mastered attacks and Giga Impact manouver to knock out the Drapion on steroids; Pikachu defeated Froslass with his sheer speed and power despite the Ghost-type's tricky evasion tactics; and of course, Infernape overwhelmed long-time rival Electivire with the mastered Super Saiyan Blaze, finally proving his former abusive trainer wrong.

I think what's especially frustrating about Torterra's case is that there's literally no reason it had to be so bad: it could (and should, imo) have easily gotten at least a couple of wins without detracting from Infernape's development at all, but the writers just... kinda botched it. In light of this, I don't think anyone would seriously blame Infernape for Torterra's bad treatment, because if the rest of the team being allowed to get at least a small slice for themselves is any indication, Torterra's mistreatment was a genuine slip and not something done on purpose.

FAfPUgKXIAAcCP5

Hmm? Why is Korrina blushing? Wait...where is Gou putting his hands!? :lapras:
So they now want to draw traits of certain characters from the 80's, never thought that he'd be a pervert like them.

Why is Corni tagging along?

So they now want to draw traits of certain characters from the 80's, never thought that he'd be a pervert like them.

Why is Corni tagging along?
Symbolism maybe. Ash was there for her getting her Lucarionite so she’s there for Ash getting his.

...behind her legs?

You'd be red too if you were out in a blizzard in a skirt and bare legs
Not sure it’s a blizzard. Unless they really don’t care with the backgrounds, it looks like something has just frozen the ground they’re standing on.

Hmm? Why is Korrina blushing? Wait...where is Gou putting his hands!? :lapras:

/s
Hold up, Goh x Korrina confirmed????

But in all seriousness, I feel the Sableye can Mega Evolve and will be Ash's lucarionite challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom