• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN084: Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flygon's presence here has to be a reference to how Game Freak almost created Mega Flygon but didn't.
In that case, funny that Go brought Flygon instead of Aerodactyl who actually has a Mega Evolution. Makes you wonder if the writers even remember he has the thing cuz Arceus knows where it’s been since he caught it.

I hope Ash will get some Pokémon and a Mega Stone not Goh.

Looks like some pokes who haven't mega-evolved yet will get to. ;)

Also, Dargonite and Flygon are out for revenge for not getting Mega-Evos!

Ouch, having Flygon here is just mean.

I like the callback to the ORAS trailer with Salamence and Pidgeot fighting.

Are the writers finally going to acknowledge that Lucario and Dragonite are in fact not complete strangers?

The way Dragonite went from trying to cuddle Riolu while in its egg to being there for its mega evolution journey :bulbaLove: Really looking forward to this episode.

Regarding Flygon and Ptera.

Maybe having the former here is a way to assure that Gou won't get Mega Evolution.
Though, some people are mad at him being an idiot and forgetting about the latter.

That is, unless the anime, makes a Gekkouga and creates a Mega for Flygon just to allow Gou get the gimmick.

Say, I thought that Ash's Charizard, Gengar, Heracross, Sceptile and Glalie didn't have nothing that it could do with their Mega Evolutions, and that his formerly owned Pidgeot didn't either, that's all.

When the revelation that Ash was going to magically find a Lucarionite in some anime-exclusive island first dropped, I was dismayed at how contrived the plot was (though happy Ash would finally use Mega Evolution). But when I thought about it...I began to wonder if it really was all that contrived, since the games do no better in explaining the where, how, and why of Mega Stones & Key Stones; they're just items that you find lying around or are given... So, I figured I can't fault the writers too much for how Lucario receives its power-up. So, with that aside, this episode looks to be exciting; Ash should have used Mega Evolution a couple sagas ago, but better late than never. Korrina rejoining the cast for the excursion is the just the icing on the cake - I know she won't be with Ash & Go as long as she was with Ash in Kalos during her arc, but I'm hoping there is good interaction all around between the kids.

In Pokémon Xand Y, Professor Sycamore says that Mega Stones are evolution stones that were exposed to the ultimate weapon's energy.
Which he explicitly notes is a theory, in that same breath, and not something proven. It's a throwaway line of conjecture available only in Kalos' "post game" that players may not even read. Thus, I still feel the origins of the stones are largely unexplained within the games themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom