• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN084: Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about Ash using a Mega Pokemon after all this time, especially when Dynamax/Gygantamax is the trend

Would be nice to see a Mega vs Mega match though to make it more fair

Now that I take a closer look at the magazine image, I think the second part translates to 'Mega Island Big Adventure'. A bit of a rough translation, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

This is the kind of episode I’d say was obviously fake if we didn’t actually have a scan.

I don’t mind Lucario getting focus, sure it hogged screen time a bit as a Riolu but hasn’t featured much since it’s evolution.

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

After receiving a keystone from Corni, Satoshi heads for Mega Island to get a "Lucarionite", the Mega Stone necessary for mega evolution!
“Mega Island.”

Cue Lysandre facepalming in his grave as it’s revealed the key to his goal was sitting there across the shore.

I... don't know to feel tbh.

I mean, finally Ash and his non-Pikachu-Pokémon are getting some sort of focus.

But I say this as someone who hates the Dyna mechanic: shouldn't we be promoting that instead? Idk, he should've gotten a Mega Ring in XY and they took this long to give it to him?

Much to think about...

Or will Lucario go back to hogging things at the expense of others?
Bold of you to assume this would be the start of a continuous storyline...

But seriously, jokes aside, what am I supposed to expect here? Clearly, the director is making due on his promise on Ash becoming more "unbeatable" as the story goes on, but they're giving a big power up to a pokemon who's "arc" was...what, evolving, I guess?

They could be planning on making there be a storyline here about Lucario and Ash working together to control the Mega Evolution, but that storyline has been done so many times already, I can't really see them doing it in a new way that'll hold my interest. Especially given the lack of focus on the Pokémon in Journeys, even if they do somehow give Lucario an arc about this, given the track record of "character arcs" so far, I wouldn't be surprised if we got like three episodes and that's it.

Also, why can't they look into Dragonite and its determination to fight for Ash? They had such an interesting pokemon character right there and so far all its been used for is battles. And I don't know about anyone else, but if they do end up somehow doing the bare minimum of an arc for Lucario involving Mega Evolution, I wouldn't be satisfied with it as I feel it would largely pertain to battling and once more the cardboard cut-out "getting stronger" without any unique spin to it. Remember when Charizard had to learn to get over its laziness? Pikachu over its cowardice? Bayleef over her habit of tackling Ash and her jealousy? Litten and it's arc with Stoutland? Lycanroc and it's fear of getting dirty? Hawlucha's importance in Noivern's growth? Those were all so interesting to watch because they felt unique and felt like the pokemon were real characters outside of battling.

I don't know, I feel really guilty for thinking this, but I'm just really not that interested in the idea of Mega Lucario or this episode, for that matter. What they did with Lucario beforehand isn't doing them much favors. As it is, if Buizel suddenly randomly showed up for a filler episode for no real reason except Sinnoh promotion, I would've watched that over this episode without question in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom