• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN084: Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many people convinced that Ash is gonna catch something? "Lucarionite" is in the title, this episode is about getting a Mega Evolution for Lucario and not anyone else.
Don't set yourselves up for disappointment. Well, that phrase is basically Journeys' motto, but now it's completely reasonable, imagine if they hyped up an episode about Lucario getting a Mega Evolution only for Ash to catch another Pokemon, it's really not the episode for new major captures.

Why are so many people convinced that Ash is gonna catch something? "Lucarionite" is in the title, this episode is about getting a Mega Evolution for Lucario and not anyone else.
Don't set yourselves up for disappointment. Well, that phrase is basically Journeys' motto, but now it's completely reasonable, imagine if they hyped up an episode about Lucario getting a Mega Evolution only for Ash to catch another Pokemon, it's really not the episode for new major captures.
Only one person keeps saying that, actually.

Hoping for Ash to catch anything at this point is basically

ljwfnl4z094z.jpg

I do not understand why there are people who expect that! :confused:
For me, I expect nothing of that sort anymore. At the start, it seemed like the series premise would have been great for Ash having more than 6 Pokémon but with the catching black hole that is Go, it’s just another missed opportunity.

For me, I expect nothing of that sort anymore. At the start, it seemed like the series premise would have been great for Ash having more than 6 Pokémon but with the catching black hole that is Go, it’s just another missed opportunity.
To be honest he doesn't expect Ash to have more than 6 Pokémon from the beginning of JN, I thought that after BW they wouldn't come back with the idea that "Ash can have more than 6 Mons"!

but the result is the same, Pikachu and his 5 captures of the region of the moment and JN still continues with that concept but with Pokes from various regions! :unsure:
Eh, it's more 3 Kanto mons and one half-Kanto mon (Sirfetch'd), one full-blown Galar mon (Dracovish) and one Sinnoh mon (Lucario).

Eh, it's more 3 Kanto mons and one half-Kanto mon (Sirfetch'd), one full-blown Galar mon (Dracovish) and one Sinnoh mon (Lucario).
Sigh... I still think giving Ash a mon from each region would've been the best, but now it's just a memory and I'll be forever left thinking what could've been...

Sigh... I still think giving Ash a mon from each region would've been the best, but now it's just a memory and I'll be forever left thinking what could've been...
Agreed my lineup would've been:
  • Dragonite/Gengar (1st Gen Rep)
  • Tyranitar/Houndoom (2nd Gen Rep)
  • Salamence/Aggron/Absol/Flygon/Gardevoir/Latias (3rd Gen Rep)
  • Lucario (4th Gen Rep and 6th Gen Rep with Mega Evo)
  • Zoroark/Volcarona/Archeops/Carracosta (5th Gen Rep)
  • Trevenant/Pyroar (6th Gen Rep)
  • Inteleon/Rilaboom/Flapple/Toxitricity/Hatterene/Corviknight (8th Gen/G-Max Rep)

The slashes are meant for interchangability in catches but he could rotate the members of each region

Agreed my lineup would've been:
  • Dragonite/Gengar (1st Gen Rep)
  • Tyranitar/Houndoom (2nd Gen Rep)
  • Salamence/Aggron/Absol/Flygon/Gardevoir/Latias (3rd Gen Rep)
  • Lucario (4th Gen Rep and 6th Gen Rep with Mega Evo)
  • Zoroark/Volcarona/Archeops/Carracosta (5th Gen Rep)
  • Trevenant/Pyroar (6th Gen Rep)
  • Inteleon/Rilaboom/Flapple/Toxitricity/Hatterene/Corviknight (8th Gen/G-Max Rep)

The slashes are meant for interchangability in catches but he could rotate the members of each region
That's... Actually nearly identical to what I had in mind. I mean, you forgor Gen 7, but that's obviously gotta be Solgaleo... But other than that, my picks are identical to some of yours. You listed every Pokemon I'd choose for each Generation except for 6, and 7 which you completely forgor.

But I'm gonna be honest with you, if Goh stays a co-protagonist in this alternate timeline, I'd rather Ash's team only represent Gens 1-7, and Goh will have a full Gen-8 Team (on his main one). I wouldn't even have minded Goh getting all 3 starters if they did what I just said.

What we could have had.....

It was the perfect opportunity for All-Regions to have representation.

But I am not sure if it could have worked, after seeing how awful Pokemon are treated in this series.
The writers are more interested on quantity of featured Pokemon than in quality development of them.

Not interested on Lucario due to how flat and stereotyped it is.
I would have left Satoshi without a 4th Gen Pokemon, unless bringing back Buizel or Fukamaru is an option.

I sure hope the magazine scan will coming up about updated team either Ash or Goh and Ash gets a Mega Stone and the new episode title that contain Pikachu catching something.

I sure hope the magazine scan will coming up about updated team either Ash or Goh and Ash gets a Mega Stone and the new episode title that contain Pikachu catching something.
What would Go of all people need with a Mega Stone when he’s not a battler? Giving Go a Mega Stone would undermine the past Mega Stone wielders as we’ve seen how strong of trainers that they are as well as the trials we’ve seen to simply acquire one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom