• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN084: Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

This episode was amazing! It was full of action. I liked the part where Ash got the Lucarionite by using a non battling because he knew he couldn’t defeat Mega Alakazam, that was great. I loved the part where Ash and Lucario use Aura to locate the Lucarionite, it was a great way to show their bond. Plus the episode featured new OST and some XY OST as well and it also featured the return of Ash’s Kalos Gloves. My only complaint is the part where Goh and Lucario were on Camerupt, that was a bit too long. But this episode is a 9/10 for me

Man, if only I (or rather the writing staff) cared about Lucario and he wasn't just this boring huge stoic lump of nothingness (rather than the happy cute little dog he was as a Riolu before he evolved) then I would have cared more about this supposedly huge moment... but as Xemnas would say:

"Unfortunately

I don't..."

Man, if only I (or rather the writing staff) cared about Lucario and he wasn't just this boring huge stoic lump of nothingness (rather than the happy cute little dog he was as a Riolu before he evolved) then I would have cared more about this supposedly huge moment... but as Xemnas would say:

"Unfortunately

I don't..."
Lucario is not completely stoic. We've had plenty of instances of its stoic facade breaking to show off a less mature side behind it.

Hooray, Ash is wearing gloves again (a different kind than in the past, but still... It's Korrina's style of gloves). Next week he'll also wear them. I wonder for after the fight against Bea though.

And he used aura again.

It wasn't a bad episode either. I enjoyed it. However, I have a feeling it missed something, but I can't put my finger on it.

Great episode to see the trial of Ash and his Lucario. While Goh caught Camerupt into his own collection. Hope to see Ash had a big battle against Bea and won. If not, getting the stone meaningless.

Overall rating: A-

Oh well, this was... incredibly underwhelming.

That was the big trial? Really? Hop past the Alakazam?

What was the point of Korrina? She did nothing.

Lucario and Goh got a chunk of the episode dedicated to them and didn’t interact at all.

Dragonite and Lucario again not even acknowledging each other.

Wow... next ep better make up for this.

This episode was pretty great for its premise. I'll get the le obvious kicker out of the way: Ash finally after seven years has a mega stone. And for one of his better mons too. It's also nice to see Lucario again in general, considering how the writers seemed like they shelved him after JN048 (can you name a single episode where Lucario gets a moment to shine after that, because I can't).
Ash's interaction with Korrina is also great, as are the throwbacks to earlier JN episodes invloving Riolu's idolizing of Korrina's Lucario.
Unfortunately, the episode also suffers from two poor decisions:
1: I'll be very honestly with you, there are times where he can be in and I don't give a darn, but this is honestly one of the few episodes where Goh being included is a fall point. It just doesn't sit right especially when he catches a Camerupt just to add another catch, which legit felt out of place to me. Perhaps it could have been made better by Lucario being used to fight the Camerupt so Goh could catch it, but yeah. Speaking of fighting...
2: Ash just doesn't seem to battle a lot for the Lucarionite. I really wish he had to fight the Lucarionite Old man thing who spoiler alert:
is Gurkinn
, but the episode just makes the man give Ash the Mega Stone. I would even take Ash losing against the man, as I just felt that the episode had a lack of battling so we can show that Ash is really, really dedicated to get the stone but we just get some finding stuff.
Overall, good execution, could have been done better but I'll take what we have.
7/10

Hooray, Ash is wearing gloves again (a different kind than in the past, but still... It's Korrina's style of gloves). Next week he'll also wear them. I wonder for after the fight against Bea though.

And he used aura again.

It wasn't a bad episode either. I enjoyed it. However, I have a feeling it missed something, but I can't put my finger on it.
It's likely the lack of battling in this episode. I know it, I felt it too.

"Unfortunately

I don't..."
I'm assuming your mentioned lack of care is due to Lucario's extreme lack of screentime before this episode. Lucario only had ONE major appearance between this episode and JN048 (JN077)

This was a nice episode

Seeing Ash hugging Lucario was cute

Also am I the only person who finds it hilarious that they're actively avoiding having Inteleon and Cinderace together in the same frames?

Like just look at this freaking frame? It's so fucking funny lmao!

"Okay guys we need a Water Type for this scene, let's bring out Inte- OH SH*T WAIT NO! CINDERACE IS HERE TOO WE CAN'T HAVE THAT SO WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"UH UHH MONKEY!"

"MONKEY?"

"MONKEY!"

(Now watch as Cinderace will be nowhere to be found during the Scuba Diving episode lol)

20211022_085707.jpg

Last edited:
So it looks like Goh didn't get Salamence & Sableye. Whew! So is seems that Ash is going to get theme somewhere in future.... I hope.,

Really underwhelming for me. I get the ending was supposed to be reflecting their determination and belief in one and another, but this really didn’t feel like a trial, considering what Korrina had to go through to get hers - that Blaziken v Lucario match was pretty intense back in XY. Here, it’s apparently a Jumping Competition, where you barely have to battle.

I’m seeing their connection lead to each other, but am I supposed to be feeling anything in that moment? It just felt off, and maybe it’s because Lucario and Ash’s dynamic hasn’t really been focused on properly, almost like since it’s evolution, it’s had about four appearances prior to this? Two for battling, another where Lucario doesn’t even speak to Ash, and instead chases TR, and the Alolan Race where it’s around for about a minute. Is what they have is special? Their relationship just seems so bland, like they’re co-workers, working together to a goal, and nothing more.
There just isn’t enough time put in to be rewarding, or satisfactory for me. I’m not saying they don’t care for each other, but compared to other Pokemon Ash has, they feel really out of place in terms of a bond.

And, I’m assuming Panpour, as opposed to Inteleon, was utilised because it has Rain Dance to defend against the sheer heat generated by Camerupt, whilst Inteleon couldn’t offer something like that, so no complaints there.

My score for this was a 6/10; not bad, just really lacklustre

Last edited:
Was a fun episode, I knew most of the first half would be Ash and Go getting into wacky hijinks on the island. I liked seeing Korrina’s Gym battle too, that was not part of the PWC but a regular Gym challenger if I’m not mistaken.

Most of the trial was Ash getting the stone and then being tested by Mega Alakazam, so it worked well for what it was. I also like that Korrina did indeed give Ash the gloves and he went to her about Mega evolving Lucario.

So it looks like Goh didn't get Salamence & Sableye. Whew! So is seems that Ash is going to get theme somewhere in future.... I hope.,
Dude let it go. There was no threat of Go getting them here but Ash certainly isn’t getting them either. The writers clearly have no interest in expanding Ash’s team considering how fast they rushed to give him a team of 6.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom