• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN084: Lucarionite! Adventure on Mega Island!!

but it barely meets the level of focus a middle tier significant Pokémon
What makes this even MORE sad is the fact that the shillmon of this series, Pikachu, literally has the least amount of focus episodes compared to the amount of focus he's gotten in other series'. I won't lie, that fact seriously made me cringe, especially given how little Pikachu has impacted in the narrative itself, unlike Infernape or Greninja, who were actually important in some way or another; yet this is the highest bar of pokemon treatment.

The lowest is you simply don't exist and people actually forget you do. I swear to hell, I keep forgetting Dracovish exists. Like, I didn't even remember the damn thing until somebody mentioned it in a post in the recent episode's review thread.

Solid start to this mini arc. The journey here has been rocky but this ep was reasonably good - for the most part. The adventure was still enjoyable and it was awesome seeing Ash's aura abilities in full action. That M15 music was just, so good. Korrina and Gurkinn did well too and it's neat seeing Goh bring back old captures every now and then. Ash wearing gloves looks great, albeit I think he'll remove them after this Bea fight (doubt they'd want to show that keystone every ep). Lucario also displayed a lot of personality here, glad he's not just this overly edgy/stoic pokemon. Riolu's still in there somewhere.

My main gripe's that Alakazam battle - it felt pretty lackluster (at least after the tri attack segment). Thought there'd be a more of a battle there. I was also hoping Lucario would learn a new move, especially a steel one (given them being in the steel forest). He desperately needs an upgrade there. I also think it would've been better if he got that Bea notification at the start of the episode as well, since that could've prompted him to get the mega stone in the first place (they kinda hinted at Ash wanting it to get stronger for PWC but nothing specific). Probs cut down that adventure segment (particularly Goh catching camerupt) to make the battler longer.

Happy that Ash has basically gotten a 3-parter to himself and is making use of these powerups for the PWC. Within the series the arc could've been more coherent, but as a standalone it works well. 7/10.

The lowest is you simply don't exist and people actually forget you do. I swear to hell, I keep forgetting Dracovish exists. Like, I didn't even remember the damn thing until somebody mentioned it in a post in the recent episode's review thread.
That's because Ash has never used Dracovish outside of JN063 (a Chloe development episode, so not the main focus) and JN065 (vs Iris) ever since he caught it in an already forgettable episode.

It was one of the best JN episodes in my opinion. It makes sense that Korrina helps ash to get his mega lucario after he helped her to master her mega lucario in xy.

People are complaining that ash didnt try to search for gengar mega stone, but he likely doesnt even know that gengar can mega evolve. I think he only saw a mega gengar in magearna movie, and infos from movies are rarely used in the anime. Gengar can still gain a gigantamax .

It was one of the best JN episodes in my opinion. It makes sense that Korrina helps ash to get his mega lucario after he helped her to master her mega lucario in xy.

People are complaining that ash didnt try to search for gengar mega stone, but he likely doesnt even know that gengar can mega evolve. I think he only saw a mega gengar in magearna movie, and infos from movies are rarely used in the anime. Gengar can still gain a gigantamax .
The Magearna Movie also probably isn't canon, since Ash didn't seem to recognize Magearna when she was introduced in SM.

I loved this episode! After last time's brilliant, wonderful Cynthia episode we get another great one!
What impressed me most where those "aura moments" where Ash and Lucario bonded and communicated via aura. Not only was it such an intense scene, the dramatic, orchestral music underlined it perfectly. At that moment I wished I could feel it as well. Still impressed by that great scene!

The only thing I would have done differently is the way Ash was presented with the Key Stone. Instead of giving it to him right away, it would have felt more deserved if Korrina's granddad had given the stone to him after defeating Alakazaam as some kind of reward.
But apart from that it was simply a great episode that I was enjoying from the beginning to the end.

I would have personally cut the Camerupt segment but otherwise the ep was fine for what it was. The Alakazam battle was not meant to be a regular battle but a trial/test for Ash to get the stone. Weirdly enough Tomioka wrote the first half of this episode like a SM episode, the island mishaps really reminded me of hijinks from SM

The only thing I would have done differently is the way Ash was presented with the Key Stone. Instead of giving it to him right away, it would have felt more deserved if Korrina's granddad had given the stone to him after defeating Alakazaam as some kind of reward.
That moment was made to reference the way the Mega Ring is obtained in X and Y.

I loved this episode! After last time's brilliant, wonderful Cynthia episode we get another great one!
What impressed me most where those "aura moments" where Ash and Lucario bonded and communicated via aura. Not only was it such an intense scene, the dramatic, orchestral music underlined it perfectly. At that moment I wished I could feel it as well. Still impressed by that great scene!

But apart from that it was simply a great episode that I was enjoying from the beginning to the end.

Given XY, I feel like I could buy Ash already being considered worthy, and Gurkinn isn't just going to mail Ash a Keystone.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom