• Hey all! We've started our annual Halloween shenanigans. See details here and here, and be sure to check out our new "Monster Mash" forum skin. Happy Halloween, everyone!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN085: Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Saitou!!

PikachuSmasher

"Nai! Try! LETS HAVE A FIGHT!"
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Upcoming Pokémon Journeys Title by Dephender on Serebii Forums
Possibly airing on October 29th, not confirmed yet
Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Saito!!

Rainbow-Rain

I wanna Scream and Shout and Let it all out
Reaction score
So the anime is saying Megas >>> G-Max?

Very telling

JinksChow

Reaction score
Oh great, Lucario only needs 1 episode to master Mega Evolution.

I guess we all had a suspicion that this would be the case, but having Lucario's big battle be the episode straight after the episode where it obtained Mega Evolution is... a bit rushed to say the least.

DankOverlord

VengefulBale
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Oh great, Lucario only needs 1 episode to master Mega Evolution.

I guess we all had a suspicion that this would be the case, but having Lucario's big battle be the episode straight after the episode where it obtained Mega Evolution is... a bit rushed to say the least.
JN is rushing into stuff with no rythm or substance, so it isn't too surprising development like this also gets rushed.

Anyways, this episode looks fun but the rushed pacing does bug me a bit

VetProf

Reaction score
Yeah, it's weird. Usually there'd be a few uneventful fillers sprinkled in between big episodes like these. :wynaut:

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Remember to aim for the back of the head, Lucario
CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

UxieLover1994

Reaction score
I kinda wish they had someone like Bede or Marnie as his rival instead.
Marnie might show up in a later episode if Ash were to ever meet Piers. Although give this anime's black-and-white morality, the odds of them and Team Yell being presented as they did in the games and Masters is slim...

If Rose shows up again, Bede might become another rival of Ash or Goh if his storyline is the same as in the games. Unless tomorrow's episode already shows him in a cameo as Opal's protégé.

Silktree

Not Dead
Reaction score
They are rivals because they have the same goal and have battled each other.
Ash has battled many PWC participants. Surely they all want to make it to the top? How is Bea different than Iris? Oh wait, she doesn't care about Ash.

The only reason this "rivalry" has been dragged out is that Ash wasn't prepared to take on Gigantamax last year.

PikachuSmasher

"Nai! Try! LETS HAVE A FIGHT!"
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Marnie might show up in a later episode if Ash were to ever meet Piers. Although give this anime's black-and-white morality, the odds of them and Team Yell being presented as they did in the games and Masters is slim...

If Rose shows up again, Bede might become another rival of Ash or Goh if his storyline is the same as in the games. Unless tomorrow's episode already shows him in a cameo as Opal's protégé.
I really hope that’s the case tomorrow. I was told he was in the JN082 episode leak a few days ago, but we’ll just have to wait till tomorrow

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Ash has battled many PWC participants. Surely they all want to make it to the top? How is Bea different than Iris? Oh wait, she doesn't care about Ash.

The only reason this "rivalry" has been dragged out is that Ash wasn't prepared to take on Gigantamax last year.
Ash has battled Bea multiple times. That's the distinction.