• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN085: Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Saitou!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This usually happens when they're hiding something. Maybe Ash is calling reserves or Allister is debuting
The second would be nice, fantastic.

I'd come back from my retirement for him.

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Saito have already had two fierce matches before. Even their Pokémon are more enthused than ever about the next day's battle, and they're united as one.And now a battle neither side is willing to lose begins! Third time's the charm!

Summary:
Satoshi is going to battle Saito, a rival he's already had two fierce matches with before, in the Pokémon World Championships. When he goes with Go to the Lateral Stadium where the match is going to be held, they suddenly run into Saito there. She and Satoshi are both really enthused about the next day's battle and introduce each other to their Pokémon. It's now time for a Hyper Class battle between Satoshi, equipped with a Mega Glove, and Saito, equipped with a Daimax Band, to begin.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Shinichiro Miki: Negigaknight
Daisuke Namikawa: Satoshi's Lucario
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Gangar
Kiyotaka Furushima: Corni's Lucario
Kei Shindo: Kapoerer
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Noriaki Kanze: Otosupus
Ryota Iwasaki: Luchabull

Summary and VA list courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Saito have already had two fierce matches before. Even their Pokémon are more enthused than ever about the next day's battle, and they're united as one.And now a battle neither side is willing to lose begins! Third time's the charm!

Summary:
Satoshi is going to battle Saito, a rival he's already had two fierce matches with before, in the Pokémon World Championships. When he goes with Go to the Lateral Stadium where the match is going to be held, they suddenly run into Saito there. She and Satoshi are both really enthused about the next day's battle and introduce each other to their Pokémon. It's now time for a Hyper Class battle between Satoshi, equipped with a Mega Glove, and Saito, equipped with a Daimax Band, to begin.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Shinichiro Miki: Negigaknight
Daisuke Namikawa: Satoshi's Lucario
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Gangar
Kiyotaka Furushima: Corni's Lucario
Kei Shindo: Kapoerer
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Noriaki Kanze: Otosupus
Ryota Iwasaki: Luchabull
A few things I noted here:
Dracovish’s VA isn’t listed which is odd considering Ash is sending ALL his Pokemon out
Korrina’s Lucario is here, it’ll probably be a flashback
Grapploct will be appearing as expected

If Gengar is there, please let him take out at least one Pokemon.

What a rough Fall to be a TRio fan :(

That aside, the animation here at least solid and I’m hoping that this battle can outdo the last one, which wasn’t as strong as the first IMO

Having seen the preview, either Pikachu or Sirfetch'd is the fall guy. I hope its Pikachu honestly.

Grapploct vs Pikachu - Pikachu switched out
Grapploct vs Sirfetch'd - Sirfetch'd
Machamp vs Sirfetch'd - Machamp
Machamp vs Pikachu - Machamp switched out
Hawlucha vs Pikachu - Hawlucha
Hawlucha vs Lucario - Lucario
Machamp vs Lucario - Lucario wins

This way, both the supposed aces get a win before facing eachother. And yes, i feel like the clips are out of order so that it looks like Pikachu is still around and not knocked out.

A bit depressing that Lucario's getting beaten to a pulp so it has to rely on Mega Evolution to win rather than doing so under his own power

Leon's rubbing off on Ash in all the wrong ways
The same thing happened against Volkner and Lucario just got lucky with a strong Reversal. Can we not have it happen again? I don't think Ash will lose to Bea, but come on. Show Lucario landing a good Aura Sphere or something before things start getting so rough for him, Ash decides its time to finally break out that Mega Evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom