• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN085: Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Saitou!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

I personally would have put in Dracovish over Pikachu (Dracovish, since it can afford to be the Fall Guy over Gengar and i can't see them making Dragonite a fall guy until at least the Master Class).
Dracovish would also make a surprising amount of sense for Ash to use: we saw in the fight against Iris how dangerous it is to try and fight it up close, and since the vast majority of Fighting-types are close-ranged fighters, then it would present a real challenge for Bea to get past. Furthermore, seeing Dracovish get outmuscled in its element would be a great way to demonstrate how skilled and strong Bea and her Pokemon are.

The thing about Dragonite is that it’s a little too well equipped to take on Bea’s team, what with being so ridiculously bulky and knowing Dragon Dance and Hurricane, so unless any of hers knows Ice Punch, it wouldn’t be a tense match.

When you think about it, the other three Pokemon Ash isn’t using are all better equipped to fight Bea than the ones he’s using.
Gengar’s intangibility, agility and long-distance fighting is perfect against all three of Bea’s Pokemon; Dracovish’s tough grip and sturdy legs & core means it’s hard to displace for Grapploct’s Octohold to take affect; Dragonite…do I even need to say? I mean, there’s the chance Gengar even has Gigantamax.

It’s a good thing Ash loves to allow atonement for his Pokemon, and give them want they want in a battle (Ash’s reasoning for choosing the Lake Acuity team against Paul in the Sinnoh League), otherwise this would be pretty hard to see Bea winning. Pretty in character of Ash to do so.

I actually prefer Ash using Pokémon more akin to Bea's for this fight, rather than type-advantages. The Fighting-type is one of the few types that is neutral to itself, so there's a bigger focus on what the Pokémon can innately do in combat to win. Seeing Lucario and possibly Sirfetch'd work towards that would be impressive visually, in my opinion; also, Sirfetch'd can get revenge for being absolutely trounced in its debut fight against Bea! I know Lucario is weak to Fighting-type moves, but its shown to be a sucker for punishment endurance-wise.

Lucario, Pikachu, Kamon (presumably) vs Hawlucha, Grapploct and Machamp huh

Works with me. Ash usually gives his mons second chances and they've all fought Bea before, but haven't beaten any of these pokemon yet (closest was that draw with Grapploct). I'm guessing that Kamon will eventually defeat Hawlucha and Lucario would get revenge against both Grapploct (in base form) and Machamp (mega) then? They'd need to give Pikachu a hell of a beating then to justify him not getting a win though, he always gets one at least.

Preview looks great though, especially like how they're gonna introduce each other's pokemon beforehand. Wouldn't mind for the battle to start later to give time for catching up, team interactions and even Mega evolution practice.

Definitely excited for all the strategy they're showing already - constant switching, Grapploct improvising (with liquidation) and some straight up wrestling. But not sure why Kamon's missing rn. Against Volkner they showed all 3.

Overall given the setup this has a good chance of being even better than Ash vs Volkner. Just hope Kamon gets his redemption unlike Gengar. Consider me keen. Despite their placement, Ash vs Bea episodes have been great and I'm so glad this one's a two parter. My only question is what's next and how Gmax Gengar - and how the rest of hyper class will be handled moving forward.

Ash will use Sirfetch’d so it can get redemption against Hawlucha. The writers wouldn’t do the wild duck pokémon, given this is likely their final match

Korrina’s Mega Lucario was beaten by an unseen Pokemon of Bea’s, and a lot of us predicted that it was indeed Machamp all that time ago, and not Grapploct was not the one who did it.
Whether or not this is true, it would be cool to see Korrina’s reaction to Machamp getting sent out. Like, an early warning - maybe before Grapploct even gets sent out, Machamp comes in and Korrina looks concerned, and Goh’s confused to as why.
Please, the Machamp has had no build-up to be the least bit intimidating, so the least they could do is show it off that way to build suspense. They could highlight this is what takes Lucario to surpass Korrina’s, beating something Korrina’s couldn’t (Even though the way the story has been told, it seems as though Ash’s is already stronger…)

If ash does lose to Bea, when would he even face her again? or would she be the next alain and ash wouldn’t battle her again?

Had a dream about this (and next week's) episode's outcome:

Bea sends out Hawlucha, Sirfetch'd goes up and gets wept, Lucario is sent out, Lucario sweeps it with ease

Bea sends out Grapploct, Lucario is recalled, Pikachu is sent out, Pikachu gets his ass wept, Lucario is sent out again, Lucario struggles at first but Grapploct gets wept.

Bea sends out Machamp, Machamp and Lucario Duke it out, Machamp G-Maxs and Lucario goes Mega. They fight for a really long time.

Ultimately the Winner is Bea's Machamp. Turns out this entire Arc was simply a setup for the upcoming G-Max Gengar Arc shown in a Special Preview where its up to Gengar to defeat Bea and becomes Ash's real Ace and we get a G-Max Gengar vs G-Max Machamp battle. :p
Also Allister is there too Lol

This not a joke btw I actually had a dream like this lmao
(I was very confused)

Bea sends out Hawlucha, Sirfetch'd goes up and gets wept, Lucario is sent out, Lucario sweeps it with ease

Bea sends out Grapploct, Lucario is recalled, Pikachu is sent out, Pikachu gets his ass wept, Lucario is sent out again, Lucario struggles at first but Grapploct gets wept.

Bea sends out Machamp, Machamp and Lucario Duke it out, Machamp G-Maxs and Lucario goes Mega. They fight for a really long time.

Ultimately the Winner is Bea's Machamp. Turns out this entire Arc was simply a setup for the upcoming G-Max Gengar Arc shown in a Special Preview where its up to Gengar to defeat Bea and becomes Ash's real Ace and we get a G-Max Gengar vs G-Max Machamp battle. :p

(I was very confused)
lol it's a curiously interesting dream in my opinion! :lapras:

(I was very confused)
This is actually a pretty cool dream, though!

Gmax Gengar vs Gmax wouldn’t Gmax Machamp wouldn’t be that epic. also when would that happen, cuz i don’t see Bea in the master class at all, not to mention Lance is rank 2. I doubt Bea will even be Ash's final ultra/hyper class opponent anyways. so it’s safe to say this could be their final match. I used to think Bea would be in the master class but that thought changed. Wouldn’t Sirfetch'd get a win as a revenge since it lost last time? in your dream what rank does Ash lower too and what rank does Bea rise to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom