• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN087: The Ice Queen and Glacia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda surprised that they're not putting Glaceon and Leafeon together like they did with Espeon and Umbreon. I think this titular "Ice Queen" is going to be a new character just like every Eeveelution trainer has been so far, which I do admit is a little strange seeing how Ash has a lot of friends who own Eeveelutions: Gary or Gladion could have easily been the ones to introduce Umbreon to Chloe for example, as would be May (who is the exact opposite of an ice queen, so we already can rule her out) for Glaceon and Serena for Sylveon. Espeon is admittedly a stretch because this is a character that hasn't been relevant in ages, but Sakura might have been another one to bring back for this whole plotline. Finally, I think that Sandy could have easily been the Vaporeon Chloe's Eevee wanted to meet, as it would at least given the former some kind of relevancy seeing how pointless an addition he was to the Alola cast, so him evolving into Vaporeon offscreen and then meeting Chloe's Eevee and participating in her arc would have alleviated that problem at least a tad.

I get the feeling that the two will turn out to be the same thing, i.e. the Ice Rock is really just a giant Ice Stone, at least in the anime. May's Eevee evolved into Glaceon seemingly just by touching the Ice Rock, after all, and that's generally how regular stone evolutions are depicted to work in the anime.

A girl named Regina and her Glacia have transferred to Go and Koharu's class! But the cautious Glacia does something unexpected in order to protect the closed off Regina...?!

Summary:
Today Satoshi is joining Go and Koharu in school because of an announcement! And while he's there, a girl named Regina who has a partner Glacia named "Micie" transfers to Go and Koharu's class. Koharu and Eievui have never seen a Glacia before and are really intrigued by it. However, Micie is very cautious and end up immediately unleashing Blizzard on the students in order to protect Regina...!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Yuji Ueda: Jugon
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Sayaka Senbongi: Glacia (Micie)
Ringo Yoshioka: Regina's Father
Junko Shimeno: Regina's Mother
Minori Suzuki: Regina
Yuko Natsuyoshi: Homeroom Teacher
Daisuke Namikawa: Koharu's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

A girl named Regina and her Glacia have transferred to Go and Koharu's class! But the cautious Glacia does something unexpected in order to protect the closed off Regina...?!

Summary:
Today Satoshi is joining Go and Koharu in school because of an announcement! And while he's there, a girl named Regina who has a partner Glacia named "Micie" transfers to Go and Koharu's class. Koharu and Eievui have never seen a Glacia before and are really intrigued by it. However, Micie is very cautious and end up immediately unleashing Blizzard on the students in order to protect Regina...!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Yuji Ueda: Jugon
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Sayaka Senbongi: Glacia (Micie)
Ringo Yoshioka: Regina's Father
Junko Shimeno: Regina's Mother
Minori Suzuki: Regina
Yuko Natsuyoshi: Homeroom Teacher
Daisuke Namikawa: Koharu's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
The episode sounds cool and all...

But what I'm most hyped about is Ash going back to school. He took a gap year and is back. I guarantee the PWC made him attend school because the Master Class needs you to be an A student

Just realized that this will be the last episode to air before the release of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, guess that would explain Glaceon being used here as Promotion

Wonder if an Ice Rock or Stone will feature
Maybe on the day of release, the episode there will heavily feature Sinnoh(BDSP released on a Friday in Japan and the anime airs on that day as well)

On on hand, yep, not Ice-type expert after all :(

On the other: Ash in (a real) school :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
This plot sounds so cliché that it may be the first bad Koharu episode.

The typical secluded character that needs a 'defrosting'.

Couldn't they stop using Types-stereotypes?

Got very excited about another previously skipped over Elite four member showing up - alas… I do like Glaceon though

maybe even make her an opponent for Ash to battle; since this is Pokémon-journey-all-around-the-world and all.
That’s a bit too ambitious for this series. Seeing how they usually can only focus on one character (plus Go getting a mandated titbit) for their goals at a time.

That’s a bit too ambitious for this series. Seeing how they usually can only focus on one character (plus Go getting a mandated titbit) for their goals at a time.
Eh, not really. We had an Elite Four member 12 episodes into the series have an extended battle with a regional Champion. Not to mention, we've had several Gym Leaders return as well as interactions with at least three Champions; battles resulted in most of those appearances. The series has shown it is more than capable of a similar endeavor for Glacia, if they wanted to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom