• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN087: The Ice Queen and Glacia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that Regina is a faux damsel in distress, meaning that she actually enjoys having Micie "protect" her all the time. Being a fellow student, she could easily become Chloe's rival.

This series lacks the drive to do any of those things you suggested.

She will be a generic one-shot character.
And a forgettable one to boot.

Last edited:
I will be coming back, and only for this episode.

Mainly because I like Koharu, and her episodes, but I also want to see the class again.

My issue is that they are playing the old stereotype of Most Ice-Type Trainers being Aloof.

My issue is that they are playing the old stereotype of Most Ice-Type Trainers being Aloof.
That's why I liked Candice from DP a lot; she was basically the exact opposite of that stereotype.

Granted we don’t know much about that announcement they mentioned, so the reason Ash has to be there is still in the air, but it would have been nice to have Koharu spend an episode alone with this new student. Then, maybe there could have been the chance for Koharu to show that Regina the many possibilities within the world to open up their view, with emphasis on Glaceon to trust more, expanding on Koharu’s views.
I just can’t imagine Ash and Goh doing much here. Therefore, I was kind of hoping for a solo Koharu episode, but at this point, I regularly question if Ash and Goh are just there for comedic-relief, which I guess makes sense for a kid’s show. So, I can’t blame them.

Granted we don’t know much about that announcement they mentioned, so the reason Ash has to be there is still in the air, but it would have been nice to have Koharu spend an episode alone with this new student. Then, maybe there could have been the chance for Koharu to show that Regina the many possibilities within the world to open up their view, with emphasis on Glaceon to trust more, expanding on Koharu’s views.
I just can’t imagine Ash and Goh doing much here. Therefore, I was kind of hoping for a solo Koharu episode, but at this point, I regularly question if Ash and Goh are just there for comedic-relief, which I guess makes sense for a kid’s show. So, I can’t blame them.
It's really weird that they finally broke the unwritten "Ash must be in every main series episode" rule this series and then decided not to take advantage of that at all afterwards.

It's really weird that they finally broke the unwritten "Ash must be in every main series episode" rule this series and then decided not to take advantage of that at all afterwards.
That episode had zero comic relief and battling, so Ash would have definitely detracted from it. Thanks for reminding me that they discarded a perfectly good character that could have played a role in more Johto episodes.

We have recurring characters in Kanto (Gary, probably?), Kalos (Korrina, although that may be coming to a close), Galar (Leon, Bea and Raihan) and almost definitely Sinnoh (Cynthia). Why not the other four?

Last edited:
And they need to do that again. They did it once, so do it again. Phase him out. I am sick of Ash. I love the guy, but his time has come.

And they need to do that again. They did it once, so do it again. Phase him out. I am sick of Ash. I love the guy, but his time has come.
If his time has come, then the anime's time has come. Ash has been the protagonist for so long that he represents the anime. It's not like they can simply get ride of him and replace him with Goh or some random kid with a pikachu and the same goal as Ash.

If his time has come, then the anime's time has come. Ash has been the protagonist for so long that he represents the anime. It's not like they can simply get ride of him and replace him with Goh or some random kid with a pikachu and the same goal as Ash.
That’s what I mean. End the anime.

And you KNOW Goh absolutely could not carry it on his own when all he does is just catch and never use 95% of his captures. I'm not opposed to a new protagonist with a Pikachu though.

And you KNOW Goh absolutely could not carry it on his own when all he does is just catch and never use 95% of his captures. I'm not opposed to a new protagonist with a Pikachu though.
I was not even suggesting he should replace Ash. I think anyone who know me here knows that I have a Negative opinion on Goh and would never want him to be the main protagonist of the main series. Though I'm not sure if a new protagonist with a Pikachu would work. Unless it was Ash's future kid, then it might work. Idk. I'll have to think about it.

Nope, that won't work either.

People tend to dislike replacements.
And those that are made similar in order to appeal are the most hated.

At this point, it would be a suicide move if they remove Satoshi.
Worse if Journeys ends up being his send-off.

I was not even suggesting he should replace Ash. I think anyone who know me here knows that I have a Negative opinion on Goh and would never want him to be the main protagonist of the main series. Though I'm not sure if a new protagonist with a Pikachu would work. Unless it was Ash's future kid, then it might work. Idk. I'll have to think about it.
Ahh, no, I know you do. I was just saying really. I think it just depends on what you do for a new main character. If you go for a future kid of Ash's, it could work. Otherwise, it just depends on how you write them.

Imagine a series with Ash’s kid doing the same thing he did, but being better and having his father be a goal. It could also expand the child’s bond with Pokemon and have a mix of battle and sol episodes with the Pokémon and kid hanging out doing normal world things.
That should of happened after XYZ with us having a Champions League final season.
It sounds too good to be true.

Imagine a series with Ash’s kid doing the same thing he did, but being better and having his father be a goal. It could also expand the child’s bond with Pokemon and have a mix of battle and sol episodes with the Pokémon and kid hanging out doing normal world things.
That should of happened after XYZ with us having a Champions League final season.
It sounds too good to be true.
Naruto did a sequel with the son taking over, and as far as I've heard, it's not fared even nearly as well as the original series.

The summary and va list were posted last week by mistake but thought I would repost it here for those who may not have seen it

A girl named Regina and her Glacia have transferred to Go and Koharu's class! But the cautious Glacia does something unexpected in order to protect the closed off Regina...?!

Summary:
Today Satoshi is joining Go and Koharu in school because of an announcement! And while he's there, a girl named Regina who has a partner Glacia named "Micie" transfers to Go and Koharu's class. Koharu and Eievui have never seen a Glacia before and are really intrigued by it. However, Micie is very cautious and end up immediately unleashing Blizzard on the students in order to protect Regina...!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Yuji Ueda: Jugon
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Sayaka Senbongi: Glacia (Micie)
Ringo Yoshioka: Regina's Father