• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN088: Trial Mission! The Deep Sea Diver Research Team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just glad they're using project mew as a springboard to bring back older characters. Big or small. I'm also keen for AG continuity, not expecting Drake to be in PWC but just acknowledge Ash's growth as a trainer. Even just wanna see Ash's hoenn outfit in this new art style. Cause so far we've seen redesigns of his OS, DP and BW outfits.

Btw that's liquidation right? Surely

How about using the Elite Four characters where they belong (PWC) and sticking to the one character that brings substance to Project Mew? His name is Gary.

How about using the Elite Four characters where they belong (PWC) and sticking to the one character that brings substance to Project Mew? His name is Gary.
Drake makes sense here IMO, given that 1) he's a sailor, so he can believably assist in an ocean-related task, and 2) the target Pokémon of the Trial Mission is Kingdra, a Dragon type, which matches Drake's specialty type.

sticking to the one character that brings substance to Project Mew? His name is Gary.
While JN has its own problems, other people are pretty capable of adding to Project Mew. It’s not only Ash who can stumble into past characters while achieving his goals… Drake can make sense here, and I don’t think he was contending for a PWC spot anyways, compared to the trainers writers want to use.

Last edited:
I imagine Dracovish is also appearing in this episode for the dragon connection with Drake

Lucario and Aceburn had nothing.
The writers tried to establish a dynamic, ended up being a cliche/overused one.
Then, they proceeded to trash it.

I don't have any faith on the writers coming up with an interesting combi.

It seems that the Dragon-type Dominance is coming back.

So what do you guys hope to see in this episode?
Dracovish learning a new move (preferably Dragon type, either Dragon Rush or Dragon Pulse, or maybe even Outrage.) Water Gun should definitely get replaced one of these days, too. Hydro Pump seems like the obvious answer.

Last edited:
Thinking of the criteria of Project Mew, I could see obtaining fossils of a pre-historic creature being a somewhat complex mission, especially in the case of Dracovish and Arctozolt.
In fact, it would be quite humorous if was given a final mission, being to obtain the fossils, and Goh tells them he’s already done that, ergo he passes straight away. The reaction would be worth it.

Thinking of the criteria of Project Mew, I could see obtaining fossils of a pre-historic creature being a somewhat complex mission, especially in the case of Dracovish and Arctozolt.
In fact, it would be quite humorous if was given a final mission, being to obtain the fossils, and Goh tells them he’s already done that, ergo he passes straight away. The reaction would be worth it.
I don’t think they should retroactively qualify go for Project Mew. It would feel more like a plot contrivance, and I get flashbacks of how Serena's performances also involved stuff she was coincidentally skilled in. Specially since the series already had a huge issue of giving Go things without him doing anything or facing any struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom