• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN089: Dialga & Palkia! The Space-Time Cataclysm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A KEY MOMENT WHERE PIKACHU WAS A LITERAL ANGEL:
IT'S LOVELY EVEN WHEN IT ACTS DIFFERENTLY!
Pikachu is as cute as an angel in general (laughs), but I especially like episode 30, "The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd", where we saw a very different kind of cuteness. The very Pikachu that's always been by Satoshi's side showed jealousy, sulked, and got calmed down by Barrierd. All the unusual expressions it made were really cute, so I really like this episode. And when I heard it say "Pikapi (Satoshi)" for the first time in quite a while, I truly felt deep in my heart that "Man, Pikachu is so cute".
Probably the only person who found Pikachu “cute” that episode…

Koharu is a “bookworm”?
Huh? Since when? I would have guessed Cynthia for that.
But, the other choices for presents actually match Ash and Goh - I can see them doing that. A pretty cool interview, although it may be doing the “Hey! Remember the one time a character did that? That alone defines that one characteristic!”

Probably the only person who found Pikachu “cute” that episode…

Koharu is a “bookworm”?
Huh? Since when? I would have guessed Cynthia for that.
But, the other choices for presents actually match Ash and Goh - I can see them doing that. A pretty cool interview, although it may be doing the “Hey! Remember the one time a character did that? That alone defines that one characteristic!”
It was certainly a strange one when it came to Grookey in how they define it as an Angel for the one thing it did that completely contrasts everything else it does. It was very “Huh, so you really just couldn’t come up with anything that really defines it in a positive way could you?”

Pokemon's been showing us that abuse is endearing since James got vored by his pokemon 25 years ago, so is it really surprising that they're treating Grookey as a cute and likable character?
It goes back before even that with Pikachu's habit of frying his best friend at minimal provocation being a recurring gag since pretty much the beginning.

I typically haven't been interested with these three in Journeys because they basically never use their own Pokémon now, and I also found them suddenly dull when BW made them good at their job.
I don't know why their old Pokémon can't come back anyway. Seviper, Yanmega, Gourgeist, Woobat, Frillish, Mime Jr., Carnivine, Inkay, Yamask and Amoonguss are all with Team Rocket, so it makes sense they could be in the Prize Master too.

I don't know why their old Pokémon can't come back anyway. Seviper, Yanmega, Gourgeist, Woobat, Frillish, Mime Jr., Carnivine, Inkay, Yamask and Amoonguss are all with Team Rocket, so it makes sense they could be in the Prize Master too.
Woobat, Frillish, Yamask and Amoonguss were given to Giovanni at the end of best wishes so they couldn't come back. The others can though

Same reason why Ash’s reserves didn’t come back for anything more than a cameo despite Ash being based in Kanto; it’s too much to ask these writers who see fit to waste the potential of this series.

While that may be true.

Journeys still stands as an egregious example since its very premise, and tendency to rely on nostalgia, makes it the ideal series to bring back or give focus to the reserves.

But alas, we have this underdeveloped and bland group of plain Pokemon instead.
Calling them a team is inappropriate and worse, insulting to previous ones that had real dynamics between members.

REUNITING WITH THE BEAUTIFUL ANGEL THAT IS THE SINNOH REGION CHAMPION IS THE GREATEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT OF ALL!
It's going to be brutally painful for OLM to make their precious angel lose to Ash or Leon. A lot of kicking and screaming will be heard.

It's going to be brutally painful for OLM to make their precious angel lose to Ash or Leon. A lot of kicking and screaming will be heard.
Lance made his grand return to this series by losing to Leon in a 1v1. I know people generally put Cynthia on a higher pedestal than most other Champions, but I think that's significantly outweighed by the Pokemon Company's attempts to portray Leon as the absolute strongest trainer in the world, second only to the main protagonist (in this case, Ash). I doubt there's gonna be any more kicking and screaming here than when any of the other returning characters lost/will lose in the PWC, either to Ash or Leon. At least they're having Cynthia show off her battling skills here and there before she inevitably loses to someone in the PWC.

Every series. If Ash used reserves for Unova and Kalos he would’ve won those leagues
Maybe but there’s something about the refusal to at least make use of reserves in a series whose entire premise is basically traveling around the world and meeting old faces that’s more wasteful than doing so in any single region. More so when Ash is actually based in the same region that the majority of his Pokémon reside in a facility with a massive habitat his Pokémon could easily live at even part time.

Lance made his grand return to this series by losing to Leon in a 1v1. I know people generally put Cynthia on a higher pedestal than most other Champions, but I think that's significantly outweighed by the Pokemon Company's attempts to portray Leon as the absolute strongest trainer in the world, second only to the main protagonist (in this case, Ash). I doubt there's gonna be any more kicking and screaming here than when any of the other returning characters lost/will lose in the PWC, either to Ash or Leon. At least they're having Cynthia show off her battling skills here and there before she inevitably loses to someone in the PWC.
No other champion has been shilled as much as Cynthia and Leon. Lance was demoted to be an Elite Four member for no good reason, although it would seem that either he or Leon already beat Cynthia unless she was too lazy to participate in the previous PWC.

On one hand based off that end shot in the Bea episode and the revelation she was watching the battle with Volkner I'm expecting Ash to be the one to face Cynthia, and since he probably has to face Leon he likely defeats her.

On the other hand perhaps having her lose to the Perfect Universally-Beloved Totally Invincible Charizard would be the best way for them to sooth the pain so they might use Leon.

My guess it's because his last in-game appearance was as an Elite Four member.
Could also be that they considered it a lot less of a headache to unpack given the shared status of Elite 4/Champion between Kanto and Johto. On the other hand, it does kinda raise the question of who is even supposed to be Kanto and Johto’s champions considering that they’re the only regions that the anime has never given a champion to.

Could also be that they considered it a lot less of a headache to unpack given the shared status of Elite 4/Champion between Kanto and Johto. On the other hand, it does kinda raise the question of who is even supposed to be Kanto and Johto’s champions considering that they’re the only regions that the anime has never given a champion to.
Johto- Lance
Kanto- ???

Woobat, Frillish, Yamask and Amoonguss were given to Giovanni at the end of best wishes so they couldn't come back. The others can though
They could though. Just because they gave them to Giovanni, doesn't mean he kept them.

Same reason why Ash’s reserves didn’t come back for anything more than a cameo despite Ash being based in Kanto; it’s too much to ask these writers who see fit to waste the potential of this series.
Then bring back Yanmega and Carnivine as a reference to BDSP/LA

My guess it's because his last in-game appearance was as an Elite Four member.
I makes no sense for him to be E4 in the anime either, since Gary is Green/Blue and Ash is Red. Not to mention LGPE came out after HGSS and he was the original champion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom