• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN089: Dialga & Palkia! The Space-Time Cataclysm!!

Only have the preview images from Serebii before work (will see the actual episode post work), but if they did bring up the Chloe duplicate for the whole two worlds bit not the worst touch, though I do hope Dawn doesn't seem to just forget that she once met a Princess who looked just like her.

Though the clothing probably added to it, and other 'this is me but with a offbrand color' elements.

VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Etsuko Kozakura: Pochama
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Shogo Sakata: Inteleon
Megumi Toyoguchi: Hikari
Tomo Sakurai: Shirona
Risa Shimizu: Junsa
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

AU Dawn placing second in the Sinnoh League raises so many questions.

How did she perform better than Ash? Who were her rivals in the League? Did she have the same rivals as the original Dawn (Zoey, Kenny, Ursula), or did she battle against Ash's rivals instead (Paul, Barry)? Who stopped her from reaching first place? Was it Tobias? Or is he a Pokemon Coordinator in this AU instead?

Is this an universe where we get to see Ash lose his title of Top Coordinator to Tobias and his cool and fabulously stylish Darkrai?

Only have the preview images from Serebii before work (will see the actual episode post work), but if they did bring up the Chloe duplicate for the whole two worlds bit not the worst touch, though I do hope Dawn doesn't seem to just forget that she once met a Princess who looked just like her.

In Japan there's a saying that "In this world, there are three people somewhere out there who look just like you" (世の中には自分にそっくりな人が3人いる). Gou remembers how Koharu met one of her "twins" in the Johto Region and is wondering if something similar just happened to Hikari.

How did she perform better than Ash? Who were her rivals in the League? Did she have the same rivals as the original Dawn (Zoey, Kenny, Ursula), or did she battle against Ash's rivals instead (Paul, Barry)? Who stopped her from reaching first place? Was it Tobias? Or is he a Pokemon Coordinator in this AU instead?

Is this an universe where we get to see Ash lose his title of Top Coordinator to Tobias and his cool and fabulously stylish Darkrai?
It probably isn't that odd. Like I've seen plenty of fics where people say Ash was basically second best because no one else could touch Tobias. It's a tad stupid, no where near as bad as when I see that for Hoenn, yes really, but it could be just as much as a luckier seeding

While we’ll never get any real answers, my guess is that if events lined up with how they were in the main universe, Ash probably came in the top 4 in the Grand Festival since Dawn’s top 2 matches our Dawn’s Grand Festival standing.

I suspect this would be jossed in the next episode, but it's possible in this timeline, Dawn won her battle with Maylene and got a badge. While she likely continued to take part in contests, Dawn decided that gyms were her calling. She won seven more badges while traveling with Ash, and took part in the same League as him, making it to the finals... and losing to Tobias.

It probably isn't that odd. Like I've seen plenty of fics where people say Ash was basically second best because no one else could touch Tobias. It's a tad stupid, no where near as bad as when I see that for Hoenn, yes really, but it could be just as much as a luckier seeding
Can't say if the writers decide to make this canon by having Tobias show up out of nowhere again to cream Leon at the end of this series with his Level 200, 62IV Darkrai. That is, if they still remember Tobias.

When Ash was thinking about Pokemon who could travel to other worlds, how did the first thing that come to his mind not was Solgaleo? He raised him since he was a wee Nebby, and plus, Ash even mentioned Ultra Wormholes earlier in the episode.

Oh, yeah, right, anyway, that was a good episode.
Hope it doesn't end up like the previous Sinnoh two-parter with Darkrai and Cresselia, where the first part did a good job of setting up the second part, but it leads nowhere.

What I'm shocked about is AU Dawn has the same exact team as our Dawn, even a Quilava in its middle stage and a piplup. I thought they would have her with different pokemon due to being a battle but it's the same.

These episode had really good pacing surprisingly with how much they had to fit in.

Also as an aside, it would have been neat if AU Dawn had Empoleon since she did leagues in her universe. It would have been another contrast to our Dawn if she let her Piplup evolve to Empoleon for battles.

What I'm shocked about is AU Dawn has the same exact team as our Dawn, even a Quilava in its middle stage and a piplup. I thought they would have her with different pokemon due to being a battle but it's the same.

These episode had really good pacing surprisingly with how much they had to fit in.
Its not unprecedented. Mirror Ash and Serena and Clemont had the same Pokemon and not ones that necessary reflected cowardly wimps, tough girls, or wizards

Also as an aside, it would have been neat if AU Dawn had Empoleon since she did leagues in her universe. It would have been another contrast to our Dawn if she let her Piplup evolve to Empoleon for battles.
As far as we know, Alternate!Dawn's Piplup never evolved either. It could be for any reason; he wussed out like his mainline counterpart, he's using an Everstone for the same reason as Ash's Rowlet, he's waiting until his trainer wins a league first, or he hasn't reached that point yet.

I could go on all day in regards to other potential WMG. But I think I'll just leave that for the fanfic writers.

Its not unprecedented. Mirror Ash and Serena and Clemont had the same Pokemon and not ones that necessary reflected cowardly wimps, tough girls, or wizards
So, we've seen at least two alternate universes, here and back in XY. It can be assumed Mirror Dawn is a tomboy who won the Sinnoh League with her selfless and mature Empoleon. Alternate!Dawn, as far as we know, seems to similar to mainline Dawn apart from her taking on said League and scoring runner-up (presumably to Tobias).

Dawn is also doing contests in sinnoh again. I guess she wants to win a Grand Festival in her home region which is why she's back here. Loved the continuity with Ash mentioning wormholes from SM, cheering Dawn up, and even the double Koharu Johto episode. Seeing Dawn's pokemon was nice too even if that's all we get of them.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom