• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN090: Dialga & Palkia! The Space-Time Showdown!!

It kinda reminds me of the infamous Zeno Button solution from Dragon Ball Super but to a lesser degree.
I cant blame you! It is such a non pokemon thing to do that if feels like it comes from a whole different series!

All I know is that I fell in love with the theme used during the battle against the Grunts. Hopefully that gets out somehow.

Now that Dawn and even Arceus are appearing again with the lake trio it feels like it will have some connection to this. Now I can see why they left them out here.

Hey, guys. What if AU Team Rocket have destroyed Ash's Lucario and Goh's Inteleon by electrocuting and exploding it in the cage out of the existence into nothingness and then have sent them off to Giratina's Heck, but then gets accidentally obliterated out of the existence into nothing by Dialga with its blast during its battle against Palkia, also being sent off to the Giratina's Heck where Giratina throws AU Team Rocket and all their Pokémon into the fire pit off spending eternity rotting into the Giratinist afterlife prison as punishment for Goh's Inteleon exposing them to Giratina their crimes against Pokémon and then brings all the Pokémon destroyed by AU Team Rocket, including both Ash's Lucario and Goh's Inteleon, back to life, including so that Ash and Goh can restore them from Giratina and AU Team Rocket? Please let me know, thanks.:)

Last edited:
Alternate team rocket said that Dialga and palkia should never meet, but they met eachother because of arceus. Its a nice continuity with movie 12, they explain exactly that in this movie. So the movie is canon, Arceus has some kind of bond with ash because he tried to give back the jewel of life, and ash was in trouble partialy because of it. Its a good reason to arceus apear and help.

Hey, guys. What if AU Team Rocket have destroyed Ash's Lucario and Goh's Inteleon by electrocuting and exploding it in the cage out of the existence into nothingness and then sending them off to Giratina's Heck, but then gets accidentally obliterated out of the existence into nothing by Dialga with its blast during its battle against Palkia, also being sent off to the Giratina's Heck where Giratina throws AU Team Rocket and all their Pokémon into the fire pit off spending eternity rotting into the Giratinist afterlife prison as punishment for their crimes against Pokémon and then brings all the Pokémon destroyed by AU Team Rocket, including both Ash's Lucario and Goh's Inteleon, back to life, including so that Ash and Goh can restore them from Giratina and AU Team Rocket? Please let me know, thanks.:)
... are you alright?

I find it interesting both eps fighting the Matori grunts in both this ep and the Darkrai ep always consist of one-hit KO's but with really nice animation. Like they put all their animation budget into those fights because it goes by rather fast.

How frightening do you think is this episode involving the devolutions of Pokémon? And do you think that it will be too frightening for its TV-Y7-FV rating in the United States?

How frightening do you think is this episode involving the devolutions of Pokémon? And do you think that it will be too frightening for its TV-Y7-FV rating in the United States?
Not.....frightening at all, and nowhere near frightening enough for anything beyond TV-Y7-FV.

What was it that the AU Team Rocket were villainously planning on doing prior their defeat?
They were planning on capturing all the Pokemon devolved into Eggs by Palkia and Dialga's battle, as well as Palkia and Dialga themselves. (As the Pokemon would be incredibly easy to capture in their defenseless Egg states.) Then, they were going to hatch all the kidnapped Eggs into their own army of Pokemon slaves loyal to Team Rocket. It's kinda like the ending of the Disney movie Sky High (spoilers!) Don't know if you've ever seen that movie, or if you wanted to, sorry if I spoiled the ending.

I want to cut them some slack because I liked when Earthbound did it, but this gotta be one of the worst resolutions I've ever seen on the entire show. The episode was going so well too. It's not even a matter of "a third episode would've helped", it was just plain horrible writing.

I want to cut them some slack because I liked when Earthbound did it, but this gotta be one of the worst resolutions I've ever seen on the entire show. The episode was going so well too. It's not even a matter of "a third episode would've helped", it was just plain horrible writing.
Are you referring to the part where they prayed to Arceus to reverse the de-aging? I actually really liked that because the previous ep had Cynthia establish the lore of Arceus connection to Dialga/Palkia and the Sinnoh region inhabitants in general pray to the legendaries so it fit with the lore. The descending shot of Arceus just briefly appearing to undo the damage by its "legendaries" and immediately leaving after setting things straight was fitting I thought.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom