• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN090: Dialga & Palkia! The Space-Time Showdown!!

Are you referring to the part where they prayed to Arceus to reverse the de-aging? I actually really liked that because the previous ep had Cynthia establish the lore of Arceus connection to Dialga/Palkia and the Sinnoh region inhabitants in general pray to the legendaries so it fit with the lore. The descending shot of Arceus just briefly appearing to undo the damage by its "legendaries" and immediately leaving after setting things straight was fitting I thought.
I'm not sure I dislike the praying itself, I think any concept could work with a decent enough execution. They could've kept physically attacking the Red Chain to make it more ambiguous if it was their willpower alone or their prayers, which is more fitting from a religious standpoint. The characters also feel way too passive after the praying scene, they just say their goodbyes while everything is getting solved for them, they don't even need to walk through the wormholes themselves.

I don't think Cynthia's dialogue was enough foreshadowing either, she simply explained Arceus was connected to Dialga and Palkia. She could've talked a bit about the Sinnoh traditions and mention something about praying and/or the Red Chain itself , I don't know. The resolution just came way too out of the blue and then made everything way too easy.

Repeat after me: something can make sense in a franchise's lore and still be bad writing.
That sounds like the talks I have with this one guy who goes nuts if you say that Goh's getting of Shedinja was lazy and poorly thought out.

That sounds like the talks I have with this one guy who goes nuts if you say that Goh's getting of Shedinja was lazy and poorly thought out.
Which it was especially since it doesn’t even make sense by the series’ own internal logic and just raises more and more questions if you think about it for more than a second.

My reaction to this whole storyline: We're living in truly crazy times.

Also, to everyone claimed before Hikari has no goal anymore and don't care about contests, you can see here she's still giving her all for her goals. Also, she's still busy with developing her current team, hence why there is no changes on her team.

Last edited:
It was an enjoyable episode, yet I believe it fell short of the first part.

First of all, that atmosphere of apprehension and suspense from the previous episode was dissolved by the trivial recurrent anime atmosphere in which our Ash never seems to be really worried, since he is always confident that he will solve everything.

Second, Dawn and the alternative Dawn look like sidecharacters in this episode, they don't do anything, even Koharu seems more relevant during the execution of the plot.

As always, all the focus goes to Ash and Goh, who with the help of others, especially the alternate versions of Goh and Koharu, resolve the situation, with the right to a Dragon Ball Z ending

The alternate version of Dawn and Satoshi are quite underwhelming. Dawn's, despite being the runner-up in the league, barely does anything, while the alternative version of the Protagonist, as usual, is a crying and fearful boy (How long will this be repeated?).

The only interesting additions were the alternate versions of Koharu and Goh, which I found more interesting than the originals, Lol.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom