• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN091: The Ghost Train Departs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goh's Grookey is gonna drink some soup just for funsies and instantly evolve into Rillaboom, completely skipping over Thwackey and thus giving us all three fully evolved Galar starters.

/s

The sad part is that wouldn't surprise me on bit :(

Then he'd get a Sinnoh starter for promotional reasons. Or worse, a Hisuian starter, even though Ash has all three...<_<

Where can you get the Soup in the games?

Because I have the feeling that some location will be passed over.

Yes, I can actually see the green gremling warp-evolving after eating it.
At least we will finally know for sure that Grookey will undoubtedly evolve if it actually eats any of that

So...both Bea and Allister are the Gym Leaders of Stow-on-Side? Simultaneously? I'm assuming they take turns then battling... (And before anyone says anything, yes I am aware they are version exclusive Gym Leaders for the same city. But they're both present here)

Well, I must admit I am surprised that Gengar doesn't inexplicably have the ability to naturally Gigantimax like Pikachu can. Collecting the Max Mushrooms on-screen will be nice to see. I'm hoping Allister's involvement leads us to seeing Mimikyu or a Galarian Corsola/Cursola.

I gotta wonder who Allister’s ace is now, since Ash basically took it. There’s no other ghost gmax pokemon. I doubt they’ll do a gengar mirror match, especially if they’re both gmaxing by the end. Maybe he just dynamaxes another galar ghost type?

So...both Bea and Allister are the Gym Leaders of Stow-on-Side? Simultaneously? I'm assuming they take turns then battling... (And before anyone says anything, yes I am aware they are version exclusive Gym Leaders for the same city. But they're both present here)
That's how Pokémon Adventures has also explained the version exclusive Gym Leaders in Galar. I've suspected this to be the case in the anime too for a while now.

I'd be more interested if it were Goh being the one possessed

Imagine a scenario of an evil kid who can catch tons of Pokemon far better than Team Rocket ever could with a mountain of Pokemon at his disposal especially with things like Golurk and Suicune to do his evil bidding for him

How terrifying

Last edited:
Why is there a need for Ash to be possessed? It never progresses or means anything to the plot or his character. It’s dumb.
I mean, Ash being possessed during the first Brandon battle back in AG was pretty fun and memorable. I just hope they do something new with it this time.

There is only one good thing about Satoshi being possessed......

Matsumoto-san may use her Bakura-voice once again.

I always like a good reference to another role of a seiyuu.

There is only one good thing about Satoshi being possessed......

Matsumoto-san may use her Bakura-voice once again.

I always like a good reference to another role of a seiyuu.
Guess it all depends on if they play the possession seriously or for laughs. It’s a roll of the dice with Journeys so who knows which it’ll be.

Guess it all depends on if they play the possession seriously or for laughs. It’s a roll of the dice with Journeys so who knows which it’ll be.
Oh crap...... Totally forgot about that.....

The last time that plot happened, it was a nice allusion.

Though, a fanart of Satoshi being taken over by an Utsuroid made the reference blatant.

We've got a synopsis.

Possessed Satoshi is more like a prankster, I would have preferred him becoming really evil.

It's kind of telling how infrequently Ash's Pokemon appear when the last line of the synopsis is 'And Satoshi's Gangar will appear as well?!'

It's like, even the writers are surprised they managed the monumental task of letting Gengar appear in a ghost-themed episode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom