• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN092: Gangar Does Its Best! The Road to Kyodaimax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I am still against Satoshi's Gengar getting Kyodaimax.

This is the perfect ocassion for being Bait-ed.

I will keep on rooting for Onion, him being the only one with Kyodaimax-Gengar.
There's been merchandise featuring Ash with a Gigantamax Gengar. It's all but guaranteed to be his.

I have been waiting for some Gengar focus/development for a good while now, so I should be happy... but I just can't knowing they spent 76 (!!) eps without giving it any sort of meaningful development and only decided to do that now.

And the worst part is that it's only getting some love now because they want to showcase it's Gigantamax form. Because this is the Journey's m.o: Pokémon are only allowed to have some degree of focus if they are A) Being captured by Goh, B) Showcasing that the species exists as an actual thing, C) Showcasing some alternate form such as Mega or Dyna, D) Battling or E) Evolving to showcase it's evolutionary lines.

Pokémon are not allowed to be characters in this series, so I highly doubt this will dive into it's character and, instead, it's to show off it's new form and it will most likely than not go back to the background afterwards.

Last edited:
Would be cool if Gengar could move quickly while giant although it may be too hard to animate

There's been merchandise featuring Ash with a Gigantamax Gengar. It's all but guaranteed to be his.
I have only seen merchandise of Kyodaimax Gengar alone; and if that's the case, then it still could be only bait.

Gengar is nimble and makes the most out of the room it’s given, while its G-Max form is a stationary tunnel to hell.
You know what happens when a Pokemon belonging to Satoshi changes its battling style.
Yup, it suffers from decay and jobs.

Last edited:
They're not giving Gengar a new form just to have it lose, it'll obviously star in the next match like Lucario did in Bea's.

I have only seen merchandise of Kyodaimax Gengar alone; and if that's the case, then it still could be only bait.
Screenshot_20211124-174139.png

I thought that it would be an advertisement for the anime, instead it is a toy.

Sorry for my disbelief, but I do think that those are blatant lies/pandering.

This episode can still be baiting.

I thought that it would be an advertisement for the anime, instead it is a toy.

Sorry for my disbelief, but I do think that those are blatant lies/pandering.

This episode can still be baiting.
I understand your skepticism, but it's part of what seems to be a set of every battle gimmick with Ash and an associated mon, and Ash-cap Pikachu Z move and Mega Lucario have both already happened.

Hmmm...a two-parter about Gengar and Ghost-types? :unsure:

And if so, please tell me a Ghost-type expert will show up to help out.

At least the animators won't have to waste a lot of effort with Gengar gigantamaxing

Which means its battles are going to be just as sigh-inducing as every other Gigantamax battle where they stand still and spam particle effects at each other until one falls over

Seems a bit silly they copied how Tailed Beast Mode and Susanoo work from Naruto, but forgot that they could do more than just stand around doing nothing

As long as you're in Galar and near a power spot, any Pokémon can Dynamax. What kind of buildup were you expecting?
Is it unreasonable to ask for a Pokémon we even forgot existed to get… gasp… please don’t kill me for this guys… a character arc?

Courtesy Dependor:

In the Pokémon anime episodes airing Friday December 17th and Friday December 24th, we'll be going to Lateral Town in the Galar region!
In addition, Ghost Gym Gym Leader Onion will make his debut in the series.
He will be voiced by Chiyuki Miura.

We have received the following comment from her:
I was extremely happy when I learned I got cast. I've watched the Pocket Monsters TV series ever since I was a kid, and I have more memories tied to it than almost any other anime, so I can't believe I've going to be in it as THE Onion-kun! I gave the role my all, knowing that this is an extremely appealing character that lots of people really fell in love with when they played the video game, so he has to be portrayed with extreme care.
Onion-kun is so reticent it seems he's straight up bad at talking to people, which is precisely why I played every single word of his with great care while talking them over with the sound director. I'm looking forward to being able to bring you a new side of Onion-kun you didn't get to see in the video game, and I hope it will make you love him so much more. Please keep an eye on him as he tries his best in his own little way.
-Chiyuki Miura, voice of Onion

You have my attention, episodes!

They haven’t even clarified if it’s Ash's Gengar involved… for all we know the episode is about Allister being anxious about his Gengar and Ash helping them regain confidence to G-Max while his own Gengar is abandoned in ofscreen land.
Nope. Ash wants to G-Max his Gengar, but he has to make Max Soup to achieve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom