• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN092: Gangar Does Its Best! The Road to Kyodaimax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he meant to say Gigantamax. But nevertheless, I'm personally excited for this.
I know, but I don't think Dynamax/Gigantamax is something that requires a lot of work to obtain. Whether or not Genger does well in its huge forme is a different story.

Two back-to-back two-parters?
Welp, it's just as I feared. Journeys has spent so much time with pointless filler that it now has to cram all of the actually important things into the third season. Expect to see a lot less filler (with, in turn, a lot less buildup) from now on. Wether that's a good or bad thing is up to you, but this should've happened 50 episodes ago.

I hope, but don’t expect, that Ash not giving Gengar attention throughout Journeys is addressed and given some closure here.

Fat chance, but a man can dream.

Gigantamax for this specific Pokémon is so obviously just a pity prize compared to its Mega Evolution. Recall that it's much more brief and also only possible in Galar, this ain't gonna magically solve Gengar's battle-related issues in Kanto, Sinnoh, Kalos, et cetera. I'm not confident that any increased focus from this buff will last either, not when you're sharing the mechanic with Pikachu.

At least we could possibly get to see Allister out of it. Who else should be the one to give a Gengar pointers on Gigantamax?

I hope, but don’t expect, that Ash not giving Gengar attention throughout Journeys is addressed and given some closure here.

Fat chance, but a man can dream.
There was a scene in a Chloe episode where she noted Gengar was upset by Ash leaving it behind again and nothing came of it so don't get your hopes up. Pretty crappy to point that out for a Pokémon with severe abandonment issues but whatever

I kinda worry that the third and most likely final year of Journeys is when they're gonna go into full on rush mode, only this time unlike Sun & Moon, I don't think this is gonna look too pretty.

Ash has done hardly anything with the G-Max mechanic to really earn it if you ask me and it certainly won't change my opinion on any of his Journeys mons. I guess Allister could maybe appear which would be great for him but it also reminds me that we STILL haven't seen most of the Galar gym leaders outside of Bea, Raihan and Opal so are they just gonna give em one or two eps and that'll be that or will they be the first ever gym leaders in a while to stay trapped in Never-Anime-Land (the anime version of Neverland btw :p)?

Two back-to-back two-parters?
Welp, it's just as I feared. Journeys has spent so much time with pointless filler that it now has to cram all of the actually important things into the third season. Expect to see a lot less filler (with, in turn, a lot less buildup) from now on. Wether that's a good or bad thing is up to you, but this should've happened 50 episodes ago.
There has hardly been any filler since the last year and a half. The last pure fillers was that blue Pokemaniac ep and the Eiscue ep before it. There was a lot of filler at the beginning of this series but it also died down after awhile.

Gigantamax for this specific Pokémon is so obviously just a pity prize compared to its Mega Evolution. Recall that it's much more brief and also only possible in Galar, this ain't gonna magically solve Gengar's battle-related issues in Kanto, Sinnoh, Kalos, et cetera. I'm not confident that any increased focus from this buff will last either, not when you're sharing the mechanic with
Or it's getting Gigantmax because it's the current generation form and they just had Lucario Mega evolve. No idea why people would complain about Gigantamax getting proper focus with Ash.

I kinda worry that the third and most likely final year of Journeys is when they're gonna go into full on rush mode, only this time unlike Sun & Moon, I don't think this is gonna look too pretty.

I honestly don't think 2022 will be the end of Journies at all, even if Gen 9 comes out in the Fall. The show was just renamed Pocket Monsters in Japan and Journies is nothing more than a dub title. It's quite possible they'll continue this format into Gen 9 (whether Go or Koharu stick around is anyone's guess) but I think the writers made it clear they're done with the old Gym formula. They could have went back to it this series after SM took a break and still chose not to. It'll be even more telling if Ash does beat Leon since that would assuming be a shake up with the status quo even more going forward

Nope. I am still against Satoshi's Gengar getting Kyodaimax.

This is the perfect ocassion for being Bait-ed.

I will keep on rooting for Onion, him being the only one with Kyodaimax-Gengar.

Would have preferred Gengar to have been a bit more of a presence in the last 50 episodes still… but I’m excited…

I just can’t get past the treatment of main character Pokémon this series - it sours things for me

YES! Thank you Journeys for giving us Gengar development. My man has been sitting in the Lab for god knows how long. As for his opponent, it’s either Allister or Sabrina. It’s most likely Sabrina if I’m honest

Oh nice does this mean the next hyper class battle is close?

From Iris to Volkner it was 12 episodes, Volkner to Bea was 8 eps. If the battle happens in 93/94 that’ll be another 7/8 episodes then. Not bad waiting times if you ask me, given these span multiple episodes now.

Oh nice does this mean the next hyper class battle is close?

From Iris to Volkner it was 12 episodes, Volkner to Bea was 8 eps. If the battle happens in 93/94 that’ll be another 7/8 episodes then. Not bad waiting times if you ask me, given these span multiple episodes now.
It’s very likely Ash’s next battle after this will take a long time because they’ve used all the gimmicks and will take a break before the Master Class(like Iris and Volkner’s timeframe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom