• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN093: Your Name is Françoise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...looks interesting, and focuses on Ash over Goh with him using Dragonite...

But it's a filler about a minor character, so it's a very mixed bag... o_O

Did he just quote Majora's Mask
Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 8.52.17 pm.png
Ea4Cy-uXYAEXcB1.jpeg

If there’s one thing Jourenys is good at, it’s somehow creating good one-off episodes where there’s attachment between two characters, even when we barely see them, and possibly never again.
And, this looks good for at the moment. I actually enjoyed that one Bunnelby meets Clemont flashback episode from XY, so here’s hoping for this to kick off the new year well!

Oh. An episode about Ren. -_-
pass. hard pass even.
I don't find Ren that interesting. Kind of a waste of an episode slot but okay?

Is Francooise the Magnemite being stalked or something? WTH is even going on there?

Ren is not interesting or remarkable at all.

Seeing how I forgot about his existence until after writing on this thread.

I will skip this episode, it is not really appealing.

Really gotta chalk that one up to another of Journeys’ issues. They introduced Sakuragi’s lab assistants but they’re basically non-entities so it ends up feeling pointless to give them focus episodes especially almost 100 episodes in. Only reason Chrystal’s episode had anything going for it was in part due to it being a Koharu episode and because she has at least somewhat of a presence. But Ren’s got nothing going on.

This is the type of episode that only works in two scenarios. One is for a character who the audience has grown attached to over a long period of time and has a notable presence in the show that allows for this backstory to take place. The second is near the start of the series when the audience is just getting used to characters and each character is getting their own focus episode to get the audience attached to them. This episode falls under neither.

On the bright side, it seems like Ash is going to be more active in this episode, and he doesn't really have any episodes where he takes the lead anymore(outside of PWC episodes), so I'll take whatever I can get.

Last edited:

True, but at the same time, this episode might change that. So i am still giving this a watch, since it also will provide some backstory to Ren i am sure, which might help for his character.

True, but at the same time, this episode might change that. So i am still giving this a watch, since it also will provide some backstory to Ren i am sure, which might help for his character.
The thing is that it is too late to flesh out a character like Ren.
They basically gave him a brief introduction and promptly forgot to give him any substance.

I am only willing to wait for characters with either good designs or famous/prolific seiyuus.
Ren has neither; and I find him rather dull and unidimensional.
Seemingly his character is defined by his Coil, and the preview hadn't dispelled those notions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom