• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN095: Farewell! The Wandering Rocket Gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not fooling anyone, OLM!
You may have eased on the TRio in recent years, but we KNOW you're not getting rid of them...

There's more chance of Ash's Pikachu evolving into Raichu then Team Rocket splitting up permanently

Hope Ash and Goh take a backseat this episode
You DO realize that Pikachu has the Gigantimax Factor now and Ash has yet to realize that Pikachu can't evolve due to this instance (and Chloe's Eevee COULD have this as well given her inability to evolve for the same possible reason). So why put on a worthless bet that's so SURE that TRio would EVER call it quits THIS TIME than past attempted split-ups!?

They do the TR break up episode once a series, this is nothing new. They did it in Johto in the Delibird episode, AG during the Butch/Cassidy ep in Battle Frontier, and DP during that noodles episode with the shiny Metagross.

Not sure why people are acting this is some new thing JN is doing as if they haven't made faux TR break up episodes multiple times in the past.
...No one's claiming otherwise, tho? We are all just talking about the fact that this is a constant fake-out that writers insist on doing constantly to the point where it lost any sort of appeal or mistery, hence my comparasion with the whole ''Will Pikachu finally evolve this time?" deal the writers still try to pull that lost it's sparkle decades ago.

I'm just saying: imo, even if in the slightlest smidge, this time, there might be the tiniest chance of it actually happening given the overall context (no one knowing what to do with the TRio anymore/not really wanting to deal with them anymore, as we've seen throughout 90 eps for now). Again, I don't think it will happen, 99.9% sure it won't, but I just think it's worth saying it.

...No one's claiming otherwise, tho? We are all just talking about the fact that this is a constant fake-out that writers insist on doing constantly to the point where it lost any sort of appeal or mistery, hence my comparasion with the whole ''Will Pikachu finally evolve this time?" deal the writers still try to pull that lost it's sparkle decades ago.

I'm just saying: imo, even if in the slightlest smidge, this time, there might be the tiniest chance of it actually happening given the overall context (no one knowing what to do with the TRio anymore/not really wanting to deal with them anymore, as we've seen throughout 90 eps for now). Again, I don't think it will happen, 99.9% sure it won't, but I just think it's worth saying it.
I know right lol! My respect for JN would rise if they have the guts to do it for real! Or at least start to doubt their place in Team Rocket.

Even that whole BW arc where Meowth claimed to be sacked ended up being an extended ruse. We've all been through this song and dance on several occasions before, there is categorically no chance these three split up without some type of reversal. Ash may have ended his "never wins a league conference" curse but this here is a definite unbreakable status quo by now.

Maybe it's not even a breakup episode but something like: Team Rocket always gets lost looking for the twerps that travel all over the world, … because of their lazy rotomphone that always gives them false paths to follow . So, they decide it's time for that to change. Goodbye wandering! XD

Taking a brief and slightly abstract interlude from the endless cyclical conversation about whether they could/why they won’t actually leave for a second…

I have been contemplating the word ‘wandering’ in the title. It reminds me of the famous line from Tolkien’s Riddle of Strider: ‘Not all those who wander are lost’. Actually the whole first verse of this poem feels like it could be about the TRio…

NB: It’s actually about Aragorn… But really, how different are they?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

I looked up the word used in the title translated as wandering which is さすらい (sasurai): ‘wandering (e.g. bird, exile, lifestyle); wandering alone in a strange country’.

The word has been used in the translations of the film titles for The Passenger and Kings of the Road, as well as Franz Schubert’s melancholic and notoriously difficult Wanderer’s Fantasy:

‘The song begins with a recitative, describing the setting: mountains, a steaming valley, the roaring sea. The wanderer is strolling quietly, unhappily, and asks, sighing, the question: "where?"

The next section, consisting of 8 bars of a slow melody sung in pianissimo, describes the feelings of the wanderer: the sun seems cold, the blossom withered, life old. The wanderer expresses the conviction of being a stranger everywhere. This 8-bar section was later used by Schubert as theme on which his Wanderer Fantasy is based.

Next the music shifts to the key of E major, the tempo increases and the time signature changes to 6/8. The wanderer asks: "where are you my beloved land?" This place the wanderer longs for is described as green with hope, "the land where my roses bloom, my friends stroll, my dead rise" and, finally, "the land which speaks my language, Oh land, where are you?" Towards the end of this section, the music gets quite animated and forms the climax of the song.

Finally, the music returns to the original minor key and slow tempo. After quoting the question "where?" from the opening, the song closes with a "ghostly breath" finally answering the question: "There where you are not, there is happiness." The song closes in the key of E major.’

The usage strikes me as a little odd as it’s not a word that’s ever been used to describe them before. It puts me in mind of them being without purpose, which they certainly haven’t been till now. Though them being outcasts from society’s norms is par for the course. It might reflect some nuance or interest in the specific plot of this episode. (Of course it might be just a random word but it’s fun to speculate.)

I thought that the word they used was 'Saraba' instead.

'Sasurai' used to be a common word in many media.
There is the well-known anime 'Sasurai no Taiyou'.

And some songs that were used as openings, endings or inserts:
Like 'Sasurai no Hoshi - Jimmy Orion' by Mizuki Ichirou: Nostalgia for one's mother and homeland.
Or 'Sasurai no Robot', Sasaki Isao: Desolation, loneliness but the character still endures.

But none of those examples fit the TRio.......
Unless Musashi is attempting to pursue a singing career, which is the theme of Wandering Sun.....

I think it’s worth nothing that the title has no question marks that usually leave the claim of the episode names up in the air… :unsure: Really interested to see where they go with this story
I think so guess maybe old version anime from black and white same exactly.

I thought that the word they used was 'Saraba' instead.

The full title is サラバ! さすらいのロケット団! or ‘Saraba! Sasurai no Rocket-dan!’

I’m not sure though that I agree with you that the themes related to ‘wandering’ don’t fit. Each of the members is a misfit in their own way and had chosen to walk a different path that what would be socially accepted of them, let alone any plot contrivance that may make them ‘wander’ even further in this particular episode. There is a lot from their backgrounds and personalities they could explore, let’s hope they do so rather than some shallow, episodic, non-conflict.

They do the TR break up episode once a series, this is nothing new. They did it in Johto in the Delibird episode, AG during the Butch/Cassidy ep in Battle Frontier, and DP during that noodles episode with the shiny Metagross.

Not sure why people are acting this is some new thing JN is doing as if they haven't made faux TR break up episodes multiple times in the past.
I somehow missed the existence of the XY and SM TRIO disbanded episodes?

OMG, if I'm right and this image comes from this episode, it just got a lot more exciting

JN095.png

• Love
Reactions: Jez
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom