• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN095: Farewell! The Wandering Rocket Gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meowth must anger and hate Meowzie in next episode.
For what reason? That is legitimately a deranged way of handling rejection. Anyone who handles someone not liking them in return with anger or a need for revenge thinks far too highly of themselves and should probably seek mental help because they are not mentally sound. Nobody is obligated to like you.

For what reason? That is legitimately a deranged way of handling rejection. Anyone who handles someone not liking them in return with anger or a need for revenge thinks far too highly of themselves and should probably seek mental help because they are not mentally sound. Nobody is obligated to like you.
Tell that to certain parts of Reddit and 4Chan. It's seriously disturbing how many people not only tolerate, but encourage that behavior.

Great Arceus, y'all are talking about Meowth as if he were an incel. He isn't a good person by any means, but even Meowth has his standards. Retailiating against a female human/Pokemon that doesn't reciprocate his feelings is NOT something he would ever do.

I've had some painful rejections myself but if you think its okay to "exact revenge" on somebody for rejecting you than please get professional help.

Last edited:
If Butch and Cassidy are still part of Team Rocket, I wonder if they have access to the Prize Master
I think they do, and that's why they use different Pokémon so often. There are only a few we've seen them use more than once that might actually belong to them personally (Raticate and Houndour for Cassidy, Hitmontop for Butch). Other than those, I think most of their Pokémon are rentals.

Omg I had a dream they had a baby! :eek: Madness…
Fun fact: there are some mistranslated DVD/VHS back covers for the fourth movie that incorrectly claim that the movie's antagonist, the Iron-Masked Marauder/Vicious is Jessie and James's son from the future.

I really need a little summary, news or anything new about this episode ... I can't wait any longer. TT_TT it’s soooo looong to wait…. I ordered Pash magazine, there will be a poster and maybe an interview in it.
BE2C0BF4-7124-42F8-862E-A8C9574732DE.jpeg

Fun fact: there are some mistranslated DVD/VHS back covers for the fourth movie that incorrectly claim that the movie's antagonist, the Iron-Masked Marauder/Vicious is Jessie and James's son from the future.
Just to be clear though this was Yamato and Kosanji’s baby :p One or more KojiMusa babies features so frequently in my dream life that it wouldn’t even be worth mentioning…

I really need a little summary, news or anything new about this episode ... I can't wait any longer. TT_TT it’s soooo looong to wait…. I ordered Pash magazine, there will be a poster and maybe an interview in it.View attachment 154264
Jez OMG what is that?! Is that from Pash?!

• Love
Reactions: Jez
Omg I had a dream they had a baby! :eek: Madness…

IT COULD HAPPEN!! Sun and Moon has shown that people in this anime actually can have kids :p

But omg yes please give us a summary or something, I can't take much more of this ;____; My 16-year-old self is excited beyond belief.

Although this one sounds like the most intriguing of the current preview titles but I have a weird gut feeling about it I can't quite explain. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Funny anecdote this reminds me of:
In the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga Meowzie ended up having a kid at some point between her first meeting TR's Meowth and that part taking place.
Early on when untranslated scans appeared some fans thought that TR's Meowth was the father and the manga gave him a child he didn't know about until running into her.
Good times.

Yes yes this pixelated image is an A1 poster of our Rockets (+ Yama / Kosa) in the magazine Pash which will appear on January 8th!!! :D _

:bulbaLove: Amazing! Please share the details once you get your hands on it! (Though the fact it’s getting this much of a prominent feature in a magazine has me simultaneously intrigued and excited but also has triggered my visceral fear as to whether this could really start an arc that results in their exit… But I am not going to catastrophise about this yet.)

IT COULD HAPPEN!! Sun and Moon has shown that people in this anime actually can have kids :p

I KNOW! This was exactly my thought when I woke up lmao. I was never really much of a Neoshipper but this is the kind of development I would nevertheless be psyched for!

Funny anecdote this reminds me of:
In the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga Meowzie ended up having a kid at some point between her first meeting TR's Meowth and that part taking place.
Early on when untranslated scans appeared some fans thought that TR's Meowth was the father and the manga gave him a child he didn't know about until running into her.
Good times.

Omg I did not know that!!!!!!! Fie on me for only ever bothering with the last volume… Was it confirmed definitely not to be his? o_O (Though I really don’t think Madonnya in any adaptation would have even looked at Nyasu long enough to make babies…)

Omg I did not know that!!!!!!! Fie on me for only ever bothering with the last volume… Was it confirmed definitely not to be his? o_O (Though I really don’t think Madonnya in any adaptation would have even looked at Nyasu long enough to make babies…)
Here is how I recalled it from 20 year old memories of some forum posts. The untranslated scans (the manga was getting some attention at the time) appeared of Meowth talking to the kitten then freaking out and fleeing, so people wondered if maybe he realized he had a child and paniced.
So, I did some research and confirmed what happened is pretty close to my memory with one important difference:
In the manga Meowth and Meowzie did date for a bit (that part I hadn't read/forgot), but she dumped him because his talking like a human creeped her out.
At some point the city got flooded and Meowth goes there and meets Meowzie's kitten, who he recognizes as resembling Meowzie. She asks him why he talks like a human because it's "creepy", causing TR's Meowth to panic and flee.

It's apparently not 100% confirmed he isn't the father but from what I can find it's not stated he is.

:bulbaLove: Amazing! Please share the details once you get your hands on it! (Though the fact it’s getting this much of a prominent feature in a magazine has me simultaneously intrigued and excited but also has triggered my visceral fear as to whether this could really start an arc that results in their exit… But I am not going to catastrophise about this yet.)
I wouldn't read into it. We get these posters monthly and they rarely mean anything. Some people were adamant Chloe'd get Galarian Ponyta because they appeared together and look, nothing.

I honestly never thought I would see these two again, especially considering they were supposed to be the more serious and competent threat from a Team Rocket duo (except in Chronicles, where they essentially took Jessie and James's places) compared to Jessie and James, who were mostly comic relief villains. Then BW came around and introduced us to a serious Jessie, James and Meowth, and I pretty much wrote Butch and Cassidy off after that I think, because suddenly there was no need for their existence anymore as Jessie and James comparison material (especially now that the trio was in Giovanni's good graces.) And again in SM and Journeys, when Jessie seemed to abandon her long-standing rivalry with Cassidy and form a new one with Matori instead. So, needless to say, I was shocked to see that they were returning after all this time in that trailer of upcoming stuff. I wonder if they'll mess up Butcher's name again. He's a little sensitive about that.

Meowth and Meowzie did date for a bit
OMFG :lapras: As the only potential sperm donor that’s a definitely maybe right there…

I wouldn't read into it. We get these posters monthly and they rarely mean anything. Some people were adamant Chloe'd get Galarian Ponyta because they appeared together and look, nothing.
Agreed and I hope you’re right. Mostly this stuff means jack all.

The only thing that concerns me is that the TRio almost never get featured in promotional material, especially not in the context of this kind of (assumedly) filler episode. The fact it was supposedly mentioned as an item on the 2022 agenda by the series producer in that interview adds weight to my worry that this may be an arc as opposed to a one-off. The ongoing concern as to their abysmal screen time is there too, but has been for many years now to a lesser degree.

If it is an arc though, whatever the outcome may be, I guess that would be welcome to me if it means they get some decent screen time and development!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom