• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN096: Reach Out to Space! Denryu's Light!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkraiKnight

Master of the Shadows
Reaction score
Good news: A brand new Sophocles episode!
Bad news: No Tate and Liza…Mah babies…

Plumeria

misses Alola
Reaction score
What a cool surprise! So they pay attention to Sophocles's dream that was also mentioned in the Alola return episode, but they also give him something new with Ampharos. Really fun to see him outside of Alola too.

Sai

Reaction score
I think in retrospect the first SM episode was mostly focused on Kiawe, so now Sophocles and Mallow/Lana and eventually Lillie will probably all get their own episodes at some point.

Rath

Reaction score
Wasn't that done in AG? Anyway, the point is, they can also be at the Gym.
Yeah, their parents worked there in AG. Their dad is the director and an astronaut, and their mom is mission control.

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
An actually interesting use of the series' world-travelling premise? I'm shocked!

Last edited:

Sai

Reaction score
So aside from Lillie/Gladion, do we think Mallow and Lana will get a return ep too? I think they'll appear together for an episode.

Each SM character can get a solo return ep, assuming Kiawe got his focus in the first one. This is good because Mallow/Lana/Sophocles didn't really do much in that Alola ep.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
It's an odd call but I'd rather have a return episode than just them doing X without anyone.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
One thing that puzzles me is the name Talonflame 2

Being set in Hoenn, I'd have thought something like Swellow 2 would be more appropriate unless I've missed something

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
One thing that puzzles me is the name Talonflame 2

Being set in Hoenn, I'd have thought something like Swellow 2 would be more appropriate unless I've missed something
It's a reference to the real life Hayabusa2. Talonflame is a peregrine falcon, which is what hayabusa translates to. Must. Resist. Fourze reference..

Last edited:

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
Oh, the Hayabusa2.

I remember seeing it in a two-parter collab from Nintama Rantarou.
It took the form of a talking falcon, voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi.
In the other segment; a young Galileo, Hanazawa Kana, met the protagonists.

Now I am more intrigued about this episode.

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
Even if you don't care for Sophocles, at least this episode is continuing from where Sun & Moon left off with him, that's already an improvement over certain other returning characters
Maybe but it probably would have felt more impactful had this come before the original Alola return episode since it would feel like a direct follow up to his status at the end of SM since that’s where he was headed. Instead, we have this random thing of him leaving Alola for Hoenn, coming back to Alola and now we get an episode set in Hoenn featuring a theme of where he was going at the end of the previous series.

Rath

Reaction score
Maybe but it probably would have felt more impactful had this come before the original Alola return episode since it would feel like a direct follow up to his status at the end of SM since that’s where he was headed. Instead, we have this random thing of him leaving Alola for Hoenn, coming back to Alola and now we get an episode set in Hoenn featuring a theme of where he was going at the end of the previous series.
He said in the Alola episode that he was planning to go back to Hoenn, so they covered their tracks

Nicolas721

Reaction score
SOPHOCLES? SPACE EPISODE? Let's F***g Gooooooo!! I'm really glad they aren't wasting Mosdeep city nor Sophy's association with it.

My only worry is Ampharos, not because I don't like it but because it has many terrible episodes on its past. Let's hope this is its redemption.

I don't think there will be an Alolan episode for every classmate, even if Journeys lasts more than expected we'd have gotten at least one in 2021.

R1ke

D U C K
Reaction score
Woah Sophocles? By himself? That's actually so good. Because it implies that other Alola characters will be getting their own focus episodes. Really good to hear, because of how hectic episode 37 was. I'll admit I didn't expect them to lead with him, but the series has a habit of doing that huh?

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Woah Sophocles? By himself? That's actually so good. Because it implies that other Alola characters will be getting their own focus episodes. Really good to hear, because of how hectic episode 37 was. I'll admit I didn't expect them to lead with him, but the series has a habit of doing that huh?
Yes it does....in all the best and worst ways.

JinksChow

Reaction score
I think in retrospect the first SM episode was mostly focused on Kiawe, so now Sophocles and Mallow/Lana and eventually Lillie will probably all get their own episodes at some point.

I definitely hope so, because Lana mentioned wanting to meet Manaphy as her new goal at the end of SM, and if JN carries through with that, it would be the first major appearance of Manaphy in the main Pokemon anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom