• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN096: Reach Out to Space! Denryu's Light!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news: A brand new Sophocles episode!
Bad news: No Tate and Liza…Mah babies…

What a cool surprise! So they pay attention to Sophocles's dream that was also mentioned in the Alola return episode, but they also give him something new with Ampharos. Really fun to see him outside of Alola too.

I think in retrospect the first SM episode was mostly focused on Kiawe, so now Sophocles and Mallow/Lana and eventually Lillie will probably all get their own episodes at some point.

Wasn't that done in AG? Anyway, the point is, they can also be at the Gym.
Yeah, their parents worked there in AG. Their dad is the director and an astronaut, and their mom is mission control.

So aside from Lillie/Gladion, do we think Mallow and Lana will get a return ep too? I think they'll appear together for an episode.

Each SM character can get a solo return ep, assuming Kiawe got his focus in the first one. This is good because Mallow/Lana/Sophocles didn't really do much in that Alola ep.

It's an odd call but I'd rather have a return episode than just them doing X without anyone.

One thing that puzzles me is the name Talonflame 2

Being set in Hoenn, I'd have thought something like Swellow 2 would be more appropriate unless I've missed something
It's a reference to the real life Hayabusa2. Talonflame is a peregrine falcon, which is what hayabusa translates to. Must. Resist. Fourze reference..

Last edited:
Oh, the Hayabusa2.

I remember seeing it in a two-parter collab from Nintama Rantarou.
It took the form of a talking falcon, voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi.
In the other segment; a young Galileo, Hanazawa Kana, met the protagonists.

Now I am more intrigued about this episode.

Even if you don't care for Sophocles, at least this episode is continuing from where Sun & Moon left off with him, that's already an improvement over certain other returning characters
Maybe but it probably would have felt more impactful had this come before the original Alola return episode since it would feel like a direct follow up to his status at the end of SM since that’s where he was headed. Instead, we have this random thing of him leaving Alola for Hoenn, coming back to Alola and now we get an episode set in Hoenn featuring a theme of where he was going at the end of the previous series.

Maybe but it probably would have felt more impactful had this come before the original Alola return episode since it would feel like a direct follow up to his status at the end of SM since that’s where he was headed. Instead, we have this random thing of him leaving Alola for Hoenn, coming back to Alola and now we get an episode set in Hoenn featuring a theme of where he was going at the end of the previous series.
He said in the Alola episode that he was planning to go back to Hoenn, so they covered their tracks

SOPHOCLES? SPACE EPISODE? Let's F***g Gooooooo!! I'm really glad they aren't wasting Mosdeep city nor Sophy's association with it.

My only worry is Ampharos, not because I don't like it but because it has many terrible episodes on its past. Let's hope this is its redemption.

I don't think there will be an Alolan episode for every classmate, even if Journeys lasts more than expected we'd have gotten at least one in 2021.

Woah Sophocles? By himself? That's actually so good. Because it implies that other Alola characters will be getting their own focus episodes. Really good to hear, because of how hectic episode 37 was. I'll admit I didn't expect them to lead with him, but the series has a habit of doing that huh?

Woah Sophocles? By himself? That's actually so good. Because it implies that other Alola characters will be getting their own focus episodes. Really good to hear, because of how hectic episode 37 was. I'll admit I didn't expect them to lead with him, but the series has a habit of doing that huh?
Yes it does....in all the best and worst ways.

I think in retrospect the first SM episode was mostly focused on Kiawe, so now Sophocles and Mallow/Lana and eventually Lillie will probably all get their own episodes at some point.

I definitely hope so, because Lana mentioned wanting to meet Manaphy as her new goal at the end of SM, and if JN carries through with that, it would be the first major appearance of Manaphy in the main Pokemon anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom