• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN097: Yadoking! Curry Encounter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Scheduled for February 11, 2022. The return to Slowpoke Island!

Audino1008

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, the original was the best segmented episode.
I mean, it doesn't say much because all segmented episodes so far have been awful, so I guess it was more like the least awful rather than the best.

Why are they bringing this back?

nickdt

Reaction score
Imo, they should have done this with Jessie and James or at least include them in the episode as well. Make Ash and Goh the Galarian Forms and them the Original forms and then have a rap battle, with Wobby and Pikachu as the judges and Meowth the translator for the scores.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Seriously what the hell were they thinking. JN026 was one of the most cringeworthy episodes ever. The Slowking segment was nothing more than one overly long cringeworthy gag. It did not need a rehash. Even worse, its a full episode instead of a 2-in-1. This is a big huge skip for me. I'm sure its gonna wind up in the pile of worst Journeys episodes, and there's already a lot.

Audino1008

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Imo, they should have done this with Jessie and James or at least include them in the episode as well. Make Ash and Goh the Galarian Forms and them the Original forms and then have a rap battle, with Wobby and Pikachu as the judges and Meowth the translator for the scores.
Um, why does Meowth need to translate? Pokemon can understand humans, and the humans are the ones who're rapping.
But that's actually an awesome idea overall

Audino1008

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Sadly I disagree but accept that this is your opinion

Doesn't help that I can't stand the Galarian Slowpoke line's design
I was talking about the whole episode. The Magikarp bit was a bit funny.
It's just that the other segmented episodes literally have no redeeming qualities.

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
The first absolutely trashy plot has arrived.
At least all the previous ones were messed up during execution or ended up not delivering.

Not counting the half-episodes, since those aren't full-fledged.

Nobody should watch this, unless they want to suffer the cringe.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
The first absolutely trashy plot has arrived.
At least all the previous ones were messed up during execution or ended up not delivering.

Not counting the half-episodes, since those aren't full-fledged.

Nobody should watch this, unless they want to suffer the cringe.
I personally found the original Slowpoke half-episode funny. It was up to my taste of humor, so this should be too.

Reactions: Jez

Lightning Flame Blast

Feel the grace
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
You know, for a second I read the title as “Nidoking” and got excited that this would maybe cycle back to JN’s premiere with Mew and Kangaskhan, then reality settled in.

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
A thought just dawned on me. This episode is most likely set in Galar given the appearance of Galarian Slowking and it pertaining to curry, a major dish in the games. But given the musical element to it from the looks of the preview, what if this is the episode that Marnie and Piers debut in?

BlueLugger

Reaction score
Round 2 for this hectic Slowking's Crown Nonsense. I hope that at least Ash get's his own Slowpoke of either one (Galarian Hopefully) - and for Goh the other Slowpoke. Though this is strongly unlikely for Ash.

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
A thought just dawned on me. This episode is most likely set in Galar given the appearance of Galarian Slowking and it pertaining to curry, a major dish in the games. But given the musical element to it from the looks of the preview, what if this is the episode that Marnie and Piers debut in?
Actually that's wrong

Its confirmed that they're going back to that Slowbro Island from episode 26

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
Actually that's wrong

Its confirmed that they're going back to that Slowbro Island from episode 26
Oh well then in that case, this episode gets no potential saving grace and into the trash it goes. What is with these writers and debuting Galar Pokémon outside of Galar when it barely gets any showing as is?

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
What is with these writers and debuting Galar Pokémon outside of Galar when it barely gets any showing as is?
Idk man I really don't.

Remember when Inteleon and Grookey (and Rillaboom technically) were introduced in Kanto???

Inteleon's case being particularly egregious because the episode right after that one took place in Galar (Galarian Ponyta)?!
So there was ultimately no real reason why Inteleon's debut ep couldn't have in Galar as well?!

Status
Not open for further replies.