• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN097: Yadoking! Curry Encounter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the original 2 in 1 quite funny and enjoyable in a surreal acid trip sort of way but that Slowpoke ep being made a full episode? Idk well see I guess

I personally found the original Slowpoke half-episode funny. It was up to my taste of humor, so this should be too.
Well, I similarly "liked" the original episode in a trippy manner. I know people like to throw around the word "lazy writer" but literally copy pasting that episode and doubling its duration and pretending it’s something new is…. Something else.

So, they're taking one of the single least watchable segments in the history of the anime and making it longer and still without Koharu? I mean I guess there is a technical possibility of this not sucking, but I mean there's also a technical possibility of a group of meteorites coming in at exactly the right times and angles to accurately play the entirety of Mezase Pokemon Master on church bells bang on the 25th anniversary of the anime. At this stage I'm genuinely unsure which of those is more likely.

Much as I see no reason to be optimistic, are we not slightly jumping the gun here? I mean all we have is a title, a vague 1 line summary and a minuscule clip from the New Year preview. Could this not be same setting new plot?… (Maybe feat. Koharu and/or Rockets?)

Yadoking and magikarp episode was awful. And this time the same i think. But maybe this time is the final whoch will be go catch slowking

Much as I see no reason to be optimistic, are we not slightly jumping the gun here? I mean all we have is a title, a vague 1 line summary and a minuscule clip from the New Year preview. Could this not be same setting new plot?… (Maybe feat. Koharu and/or Rockets?)
I do get that the negativity sometimes gets too much, but honestly from the preview clip, and premise it doesn’t really look that different… It’s just same Shellder clamping on to Ash and Go > Fever dream shenanigans, but with just the Galarian variant. I don’t really see the premise changing by a landslide even if Rockets and Koharu are involved. At most I guess we could see 5 minutes of Koharu acting freakishly and those would be the only new 5 minutes of the episode.

I'm guessing the curry part might lead to something different, but at the moment I’m not too optimistic at the at least partial if not a full plot rehash.

I even think that it would be better if they had rehashed the episode in which Yadoking debuted, the one from Johto.

I think it's because that first Slowking segment was a special kind of unmitigated garbage, so even the notion that they would consider returning to it sends a lot of people heading for the hills. While I agree in principle that episodes should not be written off based on a short promotional summary and for all we know now it could be Wayward Wobbuffet levels of funny, but given its predecessor is probably playing on repeat on the one TV channel Hell gets right now there is definitely precedence for the thought of this one terrifying even the most tolerant of viewers.

That Slowking episode may have been bad, but at least it wasn't as bad as the Ho-oh episode. That's still the worst episode in the series.

I loved the Ho-Oh episode...
Absolutely hated that episode. It highlights just how Journeys wastes potential. Here we have the main character of the series who has some connection to Ho-Oh to the point that it’s shown itself to him twice and the 20th anniversary movie was dedicated to that connection and Journeys chooses to spend Ho-Oh’s appearance on filler about a literally who old man who has grown cynical about its existence. Even worse when the promotional artwork of the series showed Ash with a Rainbow Wing. Oh I absolutely hate that waste of space episode.

That was actually the first time the staff deliberately lied.

I really hate when they do that, but somehow I let it slide......

The only reason why I don't hate this episode is Terasaki Yuka's appearance.
Call me biased, but sometimes I am like that.

Blue PokeManiacs was worse
honestly, as someone who hasn't caught up with journeys in a good while i think i actually considered giving that one a shot since hey, it seems silly enough to not be completely fucking boring, which was part of why i quit journeys. i'm fine with filler as long as it's fun and silly! but alas, a lot of journeys' filler was Not fun and silly.

Just when I thought Journeys couldn't possibly disappoint me any further, they go and do this. I'm convinced now that they decide filler episode plots for this series by throwing darts at a board while blindfolded. I miss Sun and Moon.

you guys HATED JN026? fuck dude that was one of the better eps imo that shit was wild... hell, maybe i'll give this one a watch.
The first half with the Magikarp was fun, I enjoyed that. The issue was that the Slowking half was repetitive and literally just 10 minutes of hot potato with the Shellder. There was nothing more to it, it was straight up just the same gag repeated for 10 straight minutes. It was horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom