• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN097: Yadoking! Curry Encounter!!

Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Noriaki Kanze: Galar Yadon
Shogo Sakata: Yadon
Tatsuki Kobe: Yadoran
Abareru-kun: Galar Yadoking
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

If only all wars could be prevented this way: an all-out rap battle which culminates in the two opposing sides’ national dishes coming together to make something beautiful.

We must learn from the Slowpoke.

I liked Galarian Slowking's voice lol

Also when Ash got G.Slowking's helmet Pikachu's reaction was priceless! He's just "Oh not this Bs again.... -__-"

Meanwhile Grookey is just curious the whole way though which makes sense since he wasn't there during the first go-round. But he seemed to enjoy it unlike Pikachu and Raboot

Speaking of Raboot, Too bad Cinderace wasn't here :(

I really wish I knew what that music playing during Ash and Goh's rap battle was. It's the same music that played during Inteleon's evolution sequence if I'm not mistaken?

I feel like this episode only exists because the show wanted to give the animators an "easy" one to help get their schedule back on track. And so they came up with a story where a bunch of Yadon stare at each other for 22 minutes.

Also, somebody needs to tell Yuko Kakihara that there's more to rap than just having people say "yo" and "hey" 100 times in a row.

This episode, at the very least, lived up to it's expectations (in that the expectations were non-existant. Let's be real, most of us came into this episode thinking it was either going to be very funny or very bad).

Unfortunately, this episode, just like the last episode that had these shenanigans, doesn't work. The rap was bad (and was honestly pretty cringey, with it being 70% "yo" and "hey") and nothing of importance happens during the episode. It really doesn't have moments to make me chuckle except for the part where Goh's Grookey gets damaged (like seriously, dispose of it already) from eating the curry, and the part where I started to compare the episode to playing FNF (which doesn't count since I doubt the parallel was even intentional). It's not JN081/JN041 levels of bad, but you can be sure as hell I won't be coming back to this episode.
Honestly, I suggest you skip this episode.
2/10.

This episode, at the very least, lived up to it's expectations (in that the expectations were non-existant. Let's be real, most of us came into this episode thinking it was either going to be very funny or very bad).

Unfortunately, this episode, just like the last episode that had these shenanigans, doesn't work. The rap was bad (and was honestly pretty cringey, with it being 70% "yo" and "hey") and nothing of importance happens during the episode. It really doesn't have moments to make me chuckle except for the part where Goh's Grookey gets damaged (like seriously, dispose of it already) from eating the curry, and the part where I started to compare the episode to playing FNF (which doesn't count since I doubt the parallel was even intentional). It's not JN081/JN041 levels of bad, but you can be sure as hell I won't be coming back to this episode.
Honestly, I suggest you skip this episode.
2/10.

Seems it is as bad and cringeworthy as I imagined it would be.

SIGH URRRRGGGHH....!!! This episode, while awesome that I get to see some of my favourite Chonkey Pokes appear (Slowbro and Galarian Slowbro), this is but overall depressing for me that Ash doesn't catch a Galarian Slowpoke for rotation (as I said earlier, that this wasn't likely for Ash). The culture clash (if I can call it that) between the Slowking variants (via crowns) was rather interesting - asides from the ludicrous nonsense that both said Slowking Crowns possessing Ash and Goh for an otherwise awesome rap battle over Udon and Curry (via Galarica Seeds for the latter) that lead to a delectable fusion dish of the two that brought harmony between the variants and the boys in the end, which STILL IGNORES the conceptual fact that if Slowking's crown were ever removed, they revert to being a Slowpoke.

But then again, this IS the anime. Anime physics WOULD have to apply to break the otherwise establishment in order to create entertaining humor - which is one of the strongest reasons why I love anime,

Last edited:
At least this episode gave some people the chance to replace the 'rap' with Latin Urban Music.

I watched some of those, instead of the episode.

Easily the worst and most cringe episode of the series and for the continuation story from previous episode 26. Only good part is at the end of episode after settling peace with the Galarian Slowpoke and leave from Kanto wheat ever they will return again in future episode. Also, Goh catch his first pokemon since November (If I am not wrong).

Overall rating: D+

This episode was... odd to say the least. I mean the Slowpoke family is famous for being a strange species in general, so you can't expect to get a very mature episdoe. However, mixing curry, noodles and rap music together into one strange plot might have been a bit over the top. While some parts of the episode weren't all that bad, the episode as a whole will probably not be remembered for very long if you ask me.

Buuut wait...there was one little aspect that I can't stop thinking about. Call it a crazy theory but given that the episode itself was crazy, why not coming up with such theory as well?
According to the Pokedex Slowpoke turn into Galarian Slowpoke when eating too many Galar nuts. Right from the start, the so-called "visit" of th Galarian gang didn't seem like a harmless way of making new friends at all. On the contrary, it seemed to me the Galarian Slowpoke planned to invade the other island by force. Their seemingly friendly intention of giving their non-Galarian relatives some nuts might in fact have been a well thought-out plan to topple the non-Glarian population. Did you notice the tree that was planted in the end? The Galarian Slowpoke's intention might have been to slowly but surely make the normal Slowpoke addicted to those nuts and thus turn them into Galarian Slowpoke one after another. The seed of world domination of Galarian Slowpoke planted right there on that island so to speak. What other reason could there be for the Galarian Slowpoke to travel around and visit all the other island unless they wanted to undermine the normal Slowpoke's population? A form of "clash of cultures" the Pokemon way?:eek:

Well, don't take my theory, born on a Saturday morning all too seriously but you can't deny that if you look at the episode from that point of view, it looks much more intriguing than it actually was :ROFLMAO:

Easily the worst and most cringe episode of the series and for the continuation story from previous episode 26. Only good part is at the end of episode after settling peace with the Galarian Slowpoke and leave from Kanto wheat ever they will return again in future episode. Also, Goh catch his first pokemon since November (If I am not wrong).

Overall rating: D+
You are wrong about this being Goh's first capture since November. Before slowpoke, his last capture was liligant and hoothoot offscreen just three episodes ago. Other than that, you're right about this the most cringe episode. I hated this episode.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom