• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN098: Pokémon Circus! Booster and Thunders!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Title courtesy of Lady Junky on Bulbapedia

To air February 18, 2022

No further information as yet

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
So is this that contest themed episode? I thought we had something like Chloe exploring the possibility of contests.

Sai

Reaction score
It's an eevee themed episode, so it fits her. It's not like all these Eevee eps have ever been about the same thing.

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
How fitting. A Circus themed episode for a franchise with a clownish fanbase :wynaut:

Lmao joking

But anyways I was expecting this to be more like Contests or Showcases so this being Circus themed is surprising

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I guess not. Is it just me or do the writers have no idea at all what to do with her character?
I get that her big thing is exploring all aspects of trainers and deciding what she wants to do. At first it was kinda nice seeing her become more open to Pokemon and actually catching one, but it feels like they don't know what to do with her at times. Is she gonna do contests? Her moment learning about them was nice, but will it have any payoff? And I still don't understand what's the point of these Eeveelution episodes if her Eevee can't even evolve.

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I get that her big thing is exploring all aspects of trainers and deciding what she wants to do. At first it was kinda nice seeing her become more open to Pokemon and actually catching one, but it feels like they don't know what to do with her at times. Is she gonna do contests? Her moment learning about them was nice, but will it have any payoff? And I still don't understand what's the point of these Eeveelution episodes if her Eevee can't even evolve.
What are they even planning on doing with her Eevee anyway? It seems awfully late to debut Gigantamax Eevee.

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
I'm still not happy about blatantly rushing through the Eeveelutions in the span of 11 eps, but if that means Chloe gets to be something more than Coordinator/Performer #4, I'll take it.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Sounds like this is an episode where a child runs away and joins the circus lol

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
The only thing that is clownish is Journeys itself.

The staff have no idea on what to do with this series.
They're going aimless and wasting any potential ideas they come up with.

Koharu's episodes had became strictly formulaic.
She isn't changing, neither Eevee is growing.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Found this on twitter
FKqwaaLXsAAeDDJ.jpg

AnimeboyIanpower

Empathic Wanderer
Reaction score
Say what you will about Pokémon Journeys, I like it, and I can't wait to see what other fun stories the writers would have in store of it.

(If there's an episode where Ash and Goh have to study Drowzee and Hypno, I would definitely be intrigued...)

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
...Why is the Museum Director here.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Maybe its a lookalike

Status
Not open for further replies.