• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN098: Pokémon Circus! Booster and Thunders!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the fears of Koharu doing a Contest without Dawn around are averted. Looking at this though circus acts really would fit right in during Contests or showcases

I though exactly the same when I see Go, Koharu and Ash with their performaces.

The use of flowers in the episode of Leafeon give me a similar impression too.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220213-015821_VLC.jpg
Koharu is ready for her Contest arc, when will it start.

Koharu is ready for her Contest arc, when will it start.
If there is one, I’d imagine it would be once she sees all the Eeveelutions and starts trying out different trainer paths to find what fits her best. I’d imagine that it would be there that the writers let her get more Pokémon, hopefully being Yamper and G. Ponyta.

Now I remember that it's been a while since we last seen Koharu's family sans Sakuragi. I hope her mother and brother appear in this episode.

To be fair, one of the researchers speculated that Eevee's inability to evolve wasn't actually an inability at all, but just her resisting evolution out of indecision. Of course, it becomes a bit weird when this was showcased via Evolution Stones, which in the games cannot be "resisted" at all (not even by pushing the B button), but it's possible that the anime created its own rules about that.

Another possibility is that they're building up to the reveal that Chloe's Eevee has the Gigantamax factor, but it feels way too late at this point: Gigantamax Eevee has been common knowledge for almost four years now, and it feels weird to make a big deal out of something having the Gigantamax factor when such forms were randomly showcased in abundance early on in Journeys without anyone so much as batting an eyelash, especially since the reveal that Pokemon can obtain the factor with Dynamax Soup just like in the games, so why should it be so special for Chloe's Eevee to have it? Partner Eevee would be a much more unique and interesting reveal, but Let's Go is even older than Gigantamax Eevee and was entirely restricted to one set of games, so it still feels odd to wait until now to showcase it unless there's plans for the Partner Pokemon (or at least their Partner Moves) to appear in future games or something of the like, but I think that's pretty unlikely to say the least.

My guess is that these Eeveelution episodes, if they're actually leading up to something, can conclude three different ways:

1) It'll be revealed that Chloe's Eevee was indeed holding herself back from evolving, but will make a definitive decision at the end, which will in turn be mirrored by Chloe choosing a path in life. If this is the case, then I'd say that Chloe's Eevee will evolve into either Espeon or Leafeon. Espeon mainly because Chloe's Eevee seemed to show some precognition abilities in the Espeon/Umbreon episode, meaning the Psychic Eeveelution would make the most sense; Leafeon because Chloe's surname evokes cherry blossoms, so Eevee evolving into the Grass-type Eeveelution could be symbolic of Chloe "blooming" into her own.

2) There'll be a new Eeveelution in Gen 9, and the reason Eevee cannot evolve will turn out to be because she was already on her way to becoming this new Eeveelution and just needed to meet a few more requirements before that happened.

3) It'll never be clear exactly why Eevee cannot evolve: she just can't and that's it. Chloe and Eevee will be sad about this at first thinking that this means they can never have a goal in life, but then something will happen that makes them realize that they can still find a path of their own anyway even with this disadvantage. Perhaps Eevee could be inspired on this by Ash's Pikachu, a Pokemon who did have the option to evolve but deliberately chose not to. Maybe Eevee will think "hey, if he can become strong without an evolution, why can't I?", and so she and Chloe resolve to become stronger together and then go on to travel the world and do their own thing.

Whatever happens though, Yamper should be a part of this. Why isn't Yamper allowed to participate in this plotline when he was technically the one who kickstarted it? Give Yamper screentime already, dangit.
There is of course, the much more realistic option:
Journeys ends before we can find out and that arc is never finished or touched upon ever again.

I am torn between watching and skipping.

On one side, I do like Koharu and would like to see her again.
Even if she is not making any progress, and her plots have became stale and formulaic.

But on the other, I don't find the appeal in this plot......
It feels rushed to introduce two Eeveelutions at once. And I didn't like the Cotds' designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom