• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review JN098: Pokémon Circus! Booster and Thunders!!

BigDocFan

Cubone's Ghostly Parent
Reaction score
Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Kei Shindo: Eievui
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Haruka Shamoto: Booster (Lime)
Takashi Kondo: Billy
Kana Ueda: Honoka
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Troupe Leader
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

JinksChow

Reaction score
Yeah. It's Branch Poke, to be specific.

Whew, had to channel my inner Nostradamus to get that right.

But anyways, was the episode good? The premise of accidentally mixing up Eeveelutions was certainly interesting, but did it actually lead to anything worthwhile? Did Koharu and Eevee learn an important lesson about growing up? Or did JN fumble the ball once again?

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
It really says a lot when the highlight of the episode is Grookey FINALLY using a move despite this episode not even being about Grookey

L-05308

Reaction score
I thought Grookey not using a move yet would eventually be addressed in a focus episode, but it happened here as if it always know the move - should never have expected Journeys to do a focus episode on it unless it was evolving

Singaporean

Reaction score
A decent episode much better than the previous one, especially the Cotd evolve their own eevee with wrong evolution stone and moving forward with their different type partner. Koharu/Chloe on her biggest stage of her life first time in circus. Glad to be enjoyable.

Overall rating: B-

London-Moniton

Certified Goh's Grookey hater
Reaction score
Grookey actually used a move? Reality is breaking everyone, repent!

In all seriousness though,I’d say that Grookey being useful (shocking, I know) is a decent admission to this episode, as is how Chloe solved the issue with the CoTDs. We can also check two more Eeveelutions of the list and all that’s left is Sylveon.
Overall, a decent episode,and at the very least much better than the shitshow that was the episode beforehand. Just pray that Grookey learning a move finally means that something that pleases us happens to it.
7/10.

Sai

Reaction score
Yeah Koharu is not doing contests in the future.

DynoStretch

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Another in the ongoing and incredibly boring 'Chloe and Eevee meet other Eeveeolutions' saga, of which will probably be completely pointless when Eevee either turns into a 9th Gen form or just remains an Eevee forever.

Now I'm not saying I want Jessie and James to return for every episode, but episodes like these really feel dull without some kind of antagonist to spice things up.

At least as a Jolteon fan, it was cute to see a one with a flower on it's head. And hey, it was in a role where it wasn't fodder or in an antagonist role, that's some nice restraint on the writer's part!

I don't care in the slightest about Grookey learning a basic move, other than just where he can stick that branch of his.

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
It's a huge missed opportunity to not have Chloe incorporate what she she learned from watching Dawn's performances back in her first appearance. Instead, Eevee just shoots fire and electricity over and over in an uninspired fashion. Ash and Goh's performance was better than hers.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
The episode was okay. I mean it was cute and FOR ONCE Grookey ACTUALLY used a move. The performances were nice, but nothing really seemed to push Chloe towards any actual goal. It seems she got two evolution stones, but we've already seen that fail with Eevee. I feel as if there's gonna be no big payoff for all these Chloe meets an Eeveelution episodes and I still question their purpose. Overall it was an okay episode. Certainly better than last week's trash.