• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN098: Pokémon Circus! Booster and Thunders!!

Another in the ongoing and incredibly boring 'Chloe and Eevee meet other Eeveeolutions' saga, of which will probably be completely pointless when Eevee either turns into a 9th Gen form or just remains an Eevee forever.

Now I'm not saying I want Jessie and James to return for every episode, but episodes like these really feel dull without some kind of antagonist to spice things up.

At least as a Jolteon fan, it was cute to see a one with a flower on it's head. And hey, it was in a role where it wasn't fodder or in an antagonist role, that's some nice restraint on the writer's part!

I don't care in the slightest about Grookey learning a basic move, other than just where he can stick that branch of his.
I actually thought each Eevee episode was good so far. The Glaceon episode being the best one, but the others are completely fine. These eps aren't any worse than generic fillers and each has a different plot at least.

And it only took around a year of it doing nothing for it to happen .
It's completely inexcusable and pathetic, I mean Scorbunny took about that long to fully evolve (which was rushed as all hell but still,) and it took Grookey that long to use a single attack.

It's completely inexcusable and pathetic, I mean Scorbunny took about that long to fully evolve (which was rushed as all hell but still,) and it took Grookey that long to use a single attack.
Shit even Sobble did more than Grookey in it's first year.

Call me when Grookey can land an attack on a Flygon

This is just fucking inexcusable

Honestly the fact that it took this long for it to even use an attack makes the entire fact that it used an attack even worse. Like, it really just goes to show that they gave Grookey to Go just for the sake of it rather than beca they actually had some plan with it. There’s just no excuse for the writing with it. It had basically been a waste of space for the year it’s been around. Take it away and the quality actually improves because of the lack of the issues its misbehavior causes and it’s capture episod.

If this episode ended up being worse than past week's cringe, then the staff would have really outdone themselves.

Actually, this was an average episode.
Featuring Thunders, Nobody's Favourite Eeveelution and their unremarkable trainers.

Koharu's issues were worse in this one, since most people are focusing on the gremlin.
And that is unacceptable, I like her and hate how the staff are treating her.

At the end, this liking was what decided between watching and skipping.

Honestly the fact that it took this long for it to even use an attack makes the entire fact that it used an attack even worse. Like, it really just goes to show that they gave Grookey to Go just for the sake of it rather than beca they actually had some plan with it. There’s just no excuse for the writing with it. It had basically been a waste of space for the year it’s been around. Take it away and the quality actually improves because of the lack of the issues its misbehavior causes and it’s capture episod.
Really though, when do the people behind Journeys have a plan? Besides of course, "Promote Pokemon Go at all costs, after all it was our great moneymaker!" (JK that was more early Journeys but still.)

I'm glad they finally gave a proper name to Harass And Abuse People And Pokémon By Hitting Them Repeatedly With A Stick In Order To Kick Off The Plot Of An Episode Or Cause A Conflict To Keep The Episode Moving Along Because We're Already Halfway Through The Second Act And Nothing's Happened Yet, because saying that every time grookey caused trouble for Go got to be really tiring

I'm glad they finally gave a proper name to Harass And Abuse People And Pokémon By Hitting Them Repeatedly With A Stick In Order To Kick Off The Plot Of An Episode Or Cause A Conflict To Keep The Episode Moving Along Because We're Already Halfway Through The Second Act And Nothing's Happened Yet, because saying that every time grookey caused trouble for Go got to be really tiring
Well they clearly don't know how to write Team Rocket in this series, and they don't seem keen on introducing any antagonist, so they had to come up with some way to advance the plot, righhhht?

The Leader, Curator, and now - the Troupe Leader - all looking identical are bringing to mind Don George from the BW Series. (OUTSIDE the Joys and Jennies of course!) Are they Triplets?
Either that, or they're all the same guy. Good on you to bring up Don George from BW, it is similar to that isn't it?

It was a good episode I think.

Some little missed opportunities were for example placing Chloë's mom and brother with the spectators. Maybe also Delhia and Goh's family.

And a small part for Mimey in the circusshow. I'm starting to miss it. At the start of this series we saw it having a small, mostly funny, part in a lot of the episodes. Now I feel like it has been a while since we saw it. Of course, now some people will react we can't expect more screentime for Mimey if Ash's partymembers exept for Pikachu are also all struggling for screentime.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom