• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN098: Pokémon Circus! Booster and Thunders!!

I love how JN has dropped the bar so low that the forum is collectively cheering about a Pokémon using a move for the first time.
Grookey doing something that isn't actively harmful is a cause for celebration, yes

I love how JN has dropped the bar so low that the forum is collectively cheering about a Pokémon using a move for the first time.
I think that's why I personally think I won't ever like JN, frankly. I'm just not the type of person to feel happy by getting the dry bare minimun, and this series is struggling to deliver even that.

I mean I don't care about Grookey either way, but if not using a move really bothers anyone I don't know what to say. That's like the least of my concerns about any of the current Pokemon.

I mean I don't care about Grookey either way, but if not using a move really bothers anyone I don't know what to say. That's like the least of my concerns about any of the current Pokemon.
I feel like the crux of the issue is not just "hasn’t used a move" taken flatly, rather it serves as a mark of how little it has actually done. It’s a metaphor, how a Pokémon hasn’t even done a basic thing Pokémon do on a daily basis and literally the crux of Pokémon training and raising.

I feel like the crux of the issue is not just "hasn’t used a move" taken flatly, rather it serves as a mark of how little it has actually done. It’s a metaphor, how a Pokémon hasn’t even done a basic thing Pokémon do on a daily basis and literally the crux of Pokémon training and raising.
True but again it's a gag pokemon. If this was one of Ash's Pokémon it'd be a different story but as a shoulder gag mon it doesn't really matter. I'm not that invested or even care enough

True but again it's a gag pokemon. If this was one of Ash's Pokémon it'd be a different story but as a shoulder gag mon it doesn't really matter. I'm not that invested or even care enough
Well, the treatment here is pitiful even by “gagmon” standards. Just look at Rowlet or Chespin.

Well, the treatment here is pitiful even by “gagmon” standards. Just look at Rowlet or Chespin.
Chespin was at least cute and eventually got a bromance with pancham to play off of

Rowlet and Grookey were handled appallingly

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom