• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN099: Mary of Spike Town!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Coming up on February 25, 2022: Ash's next Ultra Class battle!

Last edited:

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun episode, not sure putting Gengar up against a Dark type trainer is a good idea though

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun episode, not sure putting Gengar up against a Dark type trainer is a good idea though
He has two Fighting types, and Gengar is evenly matched with Grimmsnarl type wise, though he'll need a Poison move.

Last edited:

ManUtd22

Reaction score
I love mary the girl and love her story looking so much fir this episode. Hope chole come. Sure go will catch at least 5 pokemons and no one for ash

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
This is a two-parter, right? I'd like to think they're smart enough to not try and fit two+ char debuts and a battle in the same episode.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
I believe we're looking at a two-parter at least

KrspaceT

Reaction score

What makes you so sure it would be Gengar? I mean we could see that Dazzling Gleam move debut or something.

This is a two-parter, right? I'd like to think they're smart enough to not try and fit two+ char debuts and a battle in the same episode.

Honestly Piers and Marnie coming in at the same time feels managable.

If this is JN99 then where's 98?

Presumably it is less interesting and thus less quick to show us.

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
So Gengar's G-Max was likely a set up for this

I'm guessing the match ups will be like this

Ash's Whoever vs Marnie's Whoever - Marnie's Whoever Wins

Pikachu vs Morpeko - Pikachu wins? (I honestly could see this one going either way)

I'm guessing Gengar vs Grimmsnarl - Gengar Wins

I have a good feeling Gengar will be the MPV of this match but of course there will be an obligatory "fall guy" here

Since the writers are too scared of having Pikachu lose for whatever reason I guess the jobber will be whoever Ash's 3rd Pokemon is (probably either Lucario or Sirfetch'd)

Sai

Reaction score
I wonder what rank Marnie is in. I hope she was lower in rank than Volkner was. The anime making Marnie into this ultra strong trainer will feel a little weird to me. Especially if she's ranked higher than most Gym leaders.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
What makes you so sure it would be Gengar? I mean we could see that Dazzling Gleam move debut or something.
Given that this battle takes place in Wyndon, it seems likely Gigantamax Gengar will be used.
Where does it mention a Decidueye?
One of the people whose photo is in the tweet is the voice actor for Decidueye. It's mentioned at the beginning of the tweet.
Presumably it is less interesting and thus less quick to show us.
Or it's a spoiler they don't want to reveal yet. Who knows.

Sai

Reaction score
Marnie is apparently stronger than most Gym leaders, Iris, etc. in the anime. This is why I didn't want the Galar rivals in the PWC, seeing rookie trainers high level than experienced Gym leader veterans feels odd. Marnie could be lower ranked than Volkner but she's still in Ultra class.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Marnie is apparently stronger than most Gym leaders, Iris, etc. in the anime. This is why I didn't want the Galar rivals in the PWC, seeing rookie trainers high level than experienced Gym leader veterans feels odd. Marnie could be lower ranked than Volkner but she's still in Ultra class.
WCS series rankings are a bit funky. Like people like Ash and Iris are/implied to be joined it later, so their ranks are a bit inaccurate. Like I remember the clickbait around the time Ash battled Visquez. He wasn't weaker than over two thousand others, he just didn't join as quickly.

He, Iris (and implied Raihan and Cynthia) joined it this year while others are probably carryovers from the last year

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
^ To reuse the old quote "It’s not how you start that’s important, but how you finish.”

Anyways. Excited to see Piers and Marnie finally show up. Hopefully they'll get something cool to do and not be just a one-off appearance.

Silktree

Not Dead
Reaction score
Marnie got 8 badges in the games (and then became a gym leader), so I don't see the big deal about her being about as strong as Bea in the anime. I will continue to say that the main problem with the PWC is that we're still seeing gym-tier battles this late into the game instead of E4-tier battles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom