• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN099: Mary of Spike Town!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, Ash and Marnie will draw this fight and fight again in the Master Class. Sounds more like introducing the last serious Ash's rival in this series, just like Alain in XYZ.

My knowledge of actors is limited, is it a weird casting choice. Like having Kevin M Richardson voice Milo?
Not really, I have a very personal reason.

I am upset because I hate Nezu, but Shimono-san is one of my favourite seiyuus.

Shimono Hiro is an excellent seiyuu, playing both Dabi and Zenitsu is not a small feat.

You know, with Marnie appearing in the PWC, i wonder if they have planned for Hop to be the final opponent for Ash to enter Master Class. They would be kinda mimicking the game in that sense as well, as Hop was the final opponent before the by a lack of better word: Elite 4 gym leader matches.
I’m tipping my hat to whoever does the feat of making Hop seem like a threat.

Introducing what’s supposed to be a big rival in the games... now? Am I really supposed to buy those stakes?
They clearly didn't learn from Hau. Another example of Journey's less than stellar writing, in my opinion at least.

There's no reason Marnie shouldn't have been a prior established recurring character.

They clearly didn't learn from Hau. Another example of Journey's less than stellar writing, in my opinion at least.

There's no reason Marnie shouldn't have been a prior established recurring character.
It’ll be even worse should they introduce Hop especially when he’s Leon’s younger brother. The likes of Marnie and Hop should have been introduced early on in the PWC but instead they decided to give us a rivalry with Bea that basically just amounted to an extended Gym Leader rematch.

It’ll be even worse should they introduce Hop especially when he’s Leon’s younger brother. The likes of Marnie and Hop should have been introduced early on in the PWC but instead they decided to give us a rivalry with Bea that basically just amounted to an extended Gym Leader rematch.
As I said, they learned nothing from Hau. And I don't think it will particularly be worse given that Hau's grandfather is a Kahuna and was an important figure for Ash to battle, yet his grandson was never mentioned or referenced till much later. The dynamic is similar.

Anyway, this is even assuming Hop gets introduced and in the capacity of a rival. Silver, Wally, and Hugh never got appearances; jury's out on if Bede will appear and Cheren was introduced as a Gym Leader (rather than his original incarnation as a rival) with no connection to Bianca - they may even have Hop be "Professor" Hop instead.

Journey's writing is some of the poorest in the entire Pokemon anime, I think we can all agree that's a fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom