• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN100: Close Contact! Dande's Special Training!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobble Bubble-O-Seven

Sobble is my spirit animal.
Reaction score
The official Japanese Pokémon account just shared a snippet of the new opening sequence for next week, sung by Rica Matsumoto herself.

And with that, we have yet another pattern suggesting that Gen 9 is indeed coming this year - Rica has sung the last anime openings for both XY and SM. And with only one last Galar city left to see, Wyndon, I think we're now entering endgame for PM 2019.
No Grookey on Goh's shoulder. I guess that little bugger is going to evolve soon, possibly in the Thwackey episode.

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score

SammyW27

NOBODY EXPECTS A PALDEAN INQUISTION!
Reaction score
It's confirmed to be Flint battling Leon on Twitter, and apparently Leon defeats Flint easily.
This is revenge for Sinnoh getting more love than Galar ever has in this series!

Sai

Reaction score
The official Japanese Pokémon account just shared a snippet of the new opening sequence for next week, sung by Rica Matsumoto herself.

And with that, we have yet another pattern suggesting that Gen 9 is indeed coming this year - Rica has sung the last anime openings for both XY and SM. And with only one last Galar city left to see, Wyndon, I think we're now entering endgame for PM 2019.
There is zero indication Gen 9 is coming this year. Gamefreak is likely working on Arceus DLC for the Fall and I don't think they can rush out another 3D game this fast.

Sai

Reaction score
The preview doesn't show the Flint battle at all, I guess it happens very briefly at the start of the episode in less than a minute before Ash shows up. I wonder why the scan even bothered to show it since Flint is getting no promotion.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Kinda depressing that Ash is surprised that people train by spending time with their pokemon

Wonder how his Oak'd pokemon feel about that
The difference is that Leon doesn't seem to be training at all here, just spending time with Pokémon.
Which is especially weird considering that he trained by spending time with his original 3 starters and won his next battle against Brandon.
Ash only called those Pokémon to spend time and bond with them. It wasn't training.

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
The difference is that Leon doesn't seem to be training at all here, just spending time with Pokémon.
Wonder how his Oak'd pokemon feel about that.

Perhaps they think Ash was just a myth conjured up by the old 'mons to explain WHY they're on a ranch instead of running free and wild

:p

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Ironically enough this used to be Ash's actual mantra before JN. He doesn’t need to be taught that at all. If he does, it’s a clear case of regression, which JN has anyways in terms of Ash spending time with his Pokémon.
He did train his Pokémon too instead of just hanging out with them.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
He did train his Pokémon too instead of just hanging out with them.
Ash didn’t really train 24/7. He was hanging out with his Pokémon much more than he trained. Just look at Alola.

Also; even Leon both trains his Pokémon and hangs out with them as shown here so I don’t know what the point is.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Journeys suffers from someone cutting fat. Not just fat people dislike like travel time but the healthy fat like training and bonding. I feel we give the series too little credit for what it dies do but it is still a change

Sai

Reaction score
No, they show his same team in the opening

Sai

Reaction score
No, they show his same team in the opening

Status
Not open for further replies.