• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN100: Close Contact! Dande's Special Training!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another L for Gengar most likely but a W for that freaking opening for finally having a reason to exist again

Sonia is also in this episode. Remember we haven't seen her since the Darkest Day arc ended over a year and a half ago, lol

I hope that this is an episode focusing only on Dande.

That would be make this one the best among the recent batch.

Oh God, I'm starting to think that maybe Ash is gonna lose to Marnie. Nononono! :mad:

Ah so episode 100 is a Ash and Leon focused episode. Hopefully Leon mentions his brother in this episode

Summary and staff list for this episode, as provided by Dephender on Serebii:

Satoshi was originally going to search for Pokémon in the Galar region alongside Go, but an unexpected turn of event led to him training with Dande instead. What Dande calls "training" is actually him playing and interacting with his Pokémon, and while this surprises Satoshi, he also feels a strong kinship with him. Meanwhile Go runs into Sonia, who's in the middle of searching for Pokémon on her own, and learns of a surprising side to the undefeated Champion from her.

Screenplay 土屋理敬 (Michihiro Tsuchiya)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Animation Director 伊藤京子 (Kyoko Ito)

Do you think we'll get to see Leon's Team here?

We know he already has Charizard and Dragapult but what about his other options?

Let's look at his other options from the Games:

(Haxorus, Aegislash, Inteleon, Rillaboom, Cinderace, Mr. Rime, Rhyperior, Seismetoad)

Haxorus: Was already used by Iris but I guess they could do it again?

Aegislash: Seems to belong to referee but it isn't entirely clear

Galar Starters: LOL! While it may be true Goh having them doesn't prevent Leon from havent them as well, I somehow doubt Leon getting any of these. Doesn't really make much sense at this point

Mr. Rime: Possible. If Leon does gave this, I'd like to see Mr. Mime to battle it tho

Rhyperior: Possible

Seismetoad: Possible

Backpedaling......

And here we go again, having the bland protagonists ruin it.

The ideal should have been this focusing on both Dande and Sonia alone.

The roadtrip is real but a) is Ash and Leon only for some reason, b) likely only one ep despite its prominence in the OP, and c) took a literal year to finally happen. Once again, the opening shows scenes that are far more exciting than what actually happens in the show. My enthusiasm has left for the neverending void.

Summary and staff list for this episode, as provided by Dephender on Serebii:

Satoshi was originally going to search for Pokémon in the Galar region alongside Go, but an unexpected turn of event led to him training with Dande instead. What Dande calls "training" is actually him playing and interacting with his Pokémon, and while this surprises Satoshi, he also feels a strong kinship with him. Meanwhile Go runs into Sonia, who's in the middle of searching for Pokémon on her own, and learns of a surprising side to the undefeated Champion from her.

Screenplay 土屋理敬 (Michihiro Tsuchiya)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Animation Director 伊藤京子 (Kyoko Ito)
This sounds like a fun enough episode, and its description gives me hope that it's not coming off of a Marnie loss.

This is what we get for episode 100... I hope to see Cramorant at least. Sonia is here too.
I wonder who is going to be in the new OP... still not watching anymore JN episodes

Backpedaling......

And here we go again, having the bland protagonists ruin it.

The ideal should have been this focusing on both Dande and Sonia alone.
Goh being with Sonia while Ash with Leon can easily be made to work IMO.

I think this episode could provide an answer to that interview that said we'd be seeing "Leon's true face".

The roadtrip is real but a) is Ash and Leon only for some reason, b) likely only one ep despite its prominence in the OP, and c) took a literal year to finally happen. Once again, the opening shows scenes that are far more exciting than what actually happens in the show. My enthusiasm has left for the neverending void.
Ash and Leon on a road trip for multiple episodes would have been nothing more than glorified fillers. All the opening did was show them meeting random wild Pokémon.

Having an episode for it is fine. This basically ties into Leon and Sonia's last interactions and appearances too.

Part of me worries this is happening because of Ash losing to Marnie. I mean, Gengar REALLY needs a win. The idea of seeing more of Leon though is great. We're getting more time to develop him as a character and I just HOPE that seeing Leon "training" leads to Ash bringing out his Pokemon to join in. We'll certainly get a lot of Ash and Leon bonding over their love of Pokemon. With Sonia, we're likely gonna learn about the rivalry she and Leon used to have. I'm less interested in that side of the episode though since it probably means a pointless catching spree from Goh.

Poor Ash. The writers are doing everything in their power to prevent him getting another Galar mon.

Goh most likely goes on a Galar Pokemon catching spree.

Please no Gengar loss. Its bad enough it doesn't appear that often and then it most likely also will be the fall guy amongst the mons, cuz they can't really afford to do this to Dragonite and Shillcario, but also not to Sirfetch'd and Dracovish, cuz current generation mons (Which Lucario also technically is).

Ash was never going to capture another pokemon. It was obvious his team was done for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom