• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN101: One Stick, Bachinkey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Very nice, I did wonder when Thwackey would appear

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Wonder if we'll get a Sobble like storyline where Thwackey acts as a mentor to Grookey who will be inspired and train hard

Personally I would love to see Grookey evolve but maybe in a later episode like Sobble

nickdt

Reaction score
Welp... Goh needs another shoulder mon after this. My money is on Toxel.

R1ke

D U C K
Reaction score
I’m fine with Grookey evolving, honestly the sooner the better

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
That monkey has been nothing but a giant drink coaster this series so an evolution for it is really not going to be deserved.

R1ke

D U C K
Reaction score
That monkey has been nothing but a giant drink coaster this series so an evolution for it is really not going to be deserved.
If an evolution will change that I’ll take it

Not like I’m invested in his arc anyway

KrspaceT

Reaction score
This might just be a potential evo teaser like the Inteleon actor episode

WatcherMark

Reaction score
I'd love to know what the producers of this show have against the grass starters middle evolutions. This is three times in a row they've been held back until around the 100th episode of the series... and I'm willing to bet Sarunori doesn't evolve and this is the only time we'll see one.

Handy Man

SoCal King K. Rool main
Reaction score
It seems like this episode, JN099, and JN100 may all take place in Galar. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, it would be great if Journeys had more consecutive episodes in a region besides Kanto.

Eclipsical

Goh’s Pokédex Completion Percentage: 12.0% done!
Reaction score
I’m guessing it’ll be somewhat like Sobble. Sees Rillaboom in JN099 and then Thwackey in JN101, now it gets inspired to start working towards its evolutions.

It’s shoulder-mon status will be passed on to Kubfu, probably. Tsurugi and Asuhi both have Urshifus, so him getting Kubfu and then seeing the differences between their abilities and personalities makes sense to me.

Sai

Reaction score
I'd love to know what the producers of this show have against the grass starters middle evolutions. This is three times in a row they've been held back until around the 100th episode of the series... and I'm willing to bet Sarunori doesn't evolve and this is the only time we'll see one.
Grass starters are usually less popular than fire or water starters. Same reason in XY that Chespin's evolutions only appeared in two awful fillers, and in SM it took so long to see Dartrix and Decidueye especially be treated poorly.

Grookey evolving could go either way, they may want to replace it with the next shoulder mon for Go. Too bad Go didn't get to keep that Cyndaquil from the Arceus specials as I could have seen that be his next poke.

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Only 2 ways this can go for the Monkey

Either this way:
(Becoming inspired by his Evolution in order to Evolve)

Tumblr_l_511344764973633.jpg
Tumblr_l_511349697132329.jpg
Tumblr_l_511354459122223.png

Tumblr_l_514826766052409.jpg

OR it can go this way:
(Becoming a Rival to it's Evolution and staying the way it is)

20220221_114456.jpg
20220221_114457.jpg
20220221_114459.jpg
20220221_114501.jpg

Which path will you take Little Monkey?

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Only 2 ways this can go for the Monkey

Either this way:

View attachment 155952View attachment 155953View attachment 155954
View attachment 155955

OR it can go this way:
(Becoming a Rival to it's Evolution and staying the way it is)

View attachment 155956View attachment 155957View attachment 155958View attachment 155959

Which path will you take Little Monkey?
The first one is more likely. Grookey doesn't really seem like a Pokémon who'd develop a rivalry.

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
An uninispired, insipid rehash of a plot that this same series already used.

That monkey is the worst starter ever, both in Games and Anime, so it's poetic/appropiate instead.

I wasn't expecting anything else from the staff, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.