• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN101: One Stick, Bachinkey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we'll get a Sobble like storyline where Thwackey acts as a mentor to Grookey who will be inspired and train hard

Personally I would love to see Grookey evolve but maybe in a later episode like Sobble

That monkey has been nothing but a giant drink coaster this series so an evolution for it is really not going to be deserved.

This might just be a potential evo teaser like the Inteleon actor episode

I'd love to know what the producers of this show have against the grass starters middle evolutions. This is three times in a row they've been held back until around the 100th episode of the series... and I'm willing to bet Sarunori doesn't evolve and this is the only time we'll see one.

I’m guessing it’ll be somewhat like Sobble. Sees Rillaboom in JN099 and then Thwackey in JN101, now it gets inspired to start working towards its evolutions.

It’s shoulder-mon status will be passed on to Kubfu, probably. Tsurugi and Asuhi both have Urshifus, so him getting Kubfu and then seeing the differences between their abilities and personalities makes sense to me.

I'd love to know what the producers of this show have against the grass starters middle evolutions. This is three times in a row they've been held back until around the 100th episode of the series... and I'm willing to bet Sarunori doesn't evolve and this is the only time we'll see one.
Grass starters are usually less popular than fire or water starters. Same reason in XY that Chespin's evolutions only appeared in two awful fillers, and in SM it took so long to see Dartrix and Decidueye especially be treated poorly.

Grookey evolving could go either way, they may want to replace it with the next shoulder mon for Go. Too bad Go didn't get to keep that Cyndaquil from the Arceus specials as I could have seen that be his next poke.

Only 2 ways this can go for the Monkey

Either this way:
(Becoming inspired by his Evolution in order to Evolve)

Tumblr_l_511344764973633.jpg
Tumblr_l_511349697132329.jpg
Tumblr_l_511354459122223.png

Tumblr_l_514826766052409.jpg

OR it can go this way:
(Becoming a Rival to it's Evolution and staying the way it is)

20220221_114456.jpg
20220221_114457.jpg
20220221_114459.jpg
20220221_114501.jpg

Which path will you take Little Monkey?

Only 2 ways this can go for the Monkey

Either this way:

View attachment 155952View attachment 155953View attachment 155954
View attachment 155955

OR it can go this way:
(Becoming a Rival to it's Evolution and staying the way it is)

View attachment 155956View attachment 155957View attachment 155958View attachment 155959

Which path will you take Little Monkey?
The first one is more likely. Grookey doesn't really seem like a Pokémon who'd develop a rivalry.

An uninispired, insipid rehash of a plot that this same series already used.

That monkey is the worst starter ever, both in Games and Anime, so it's poetic/appropiate instead.

I wasn't expecting anything else from the staff, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom