• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review JN101: One Stick, Bachinkey!

WatcherMark

Reaction score
Obviously I'd have to wait for subs but I saw nothing in this episode to indicate that Sarunori ever wants to evolve. I think this was just a basic "let's show off the middle grass evolution and get it out of the way" episode.

The most remarkable thing about this episode was that Satoshi actually remembered he has Negigaknight.

London-Moniton

Certified Goh's Grookey hater
Reaction score
1647006771149.png

All memeing aside, I feel that this episode is personally rather meh. We have a small amount of development for the Little Shit in this episode, but you know they've done it dirty when even the CoTD Thwackey has had more development compared to a 40+ . We do get to see Kamon again, so that's nice, and he also plays into advancing the plot. I like how the story resolved itself, but not for the lack of development for the Little Shit. This is one episode they could have made him appear more mature as part of its development, and yet it mostly feels like this issue he's been resolved at all.
4/10.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Full VA list courtesy of Adamant

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Shinichiro Miki: Negigaknight
Kenta Miyake: Gorirander
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Kei Shindo: Bachinkey
Sayaka Senbongi: Bachinkey
Riho Sugiyama: Bachinkey
Hina Natsume: Bachinkey
Mariko Nagai: Bachinkey
Haruka Shamoto: Wife Bachinkey
Noriaki Kanze: Yokubarisu
Kohsuke Tanabe: Ingredient Seller
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score

Thwacky
Thwacky
Thwacky
Thwacky
Thwakey
And Girl Thwacky!

Last edited:

L-05308

Reaction score
Wow… this wasn’t even really a Grookey focus episode… cool to see Sirfetch’d appear and even show a tiny slither of personality…

I like that Ash is the one that solves all the problems these days - great guy.

Thwackey was nice in this episode - more of a character than Grookey or even some of Ash’s Pokémon… glad they did it justice here since it’s not going to be on the main cast (not that being on the main cast was so great for Drizzile)

marshiyanmisuta

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
I guess "one-stick Bachinkey" is a metaphor for coping with disabilities. In hindsight, this episode focusing on Sarunori's evolution is probably a coincidence, since they most likely choose Bachinkey because its use of stick is suitable for the metaphor. Sarunori was irrelevant other than the confirmation that he sees Gou as his family.

Rainbow-Rain

Reaction score
So after today's episode do you guys still think Grookey will ever evolve?

SlyGecko

Lover of lizard Pokemon
Reaction score
It was an OK episode. Goh failing to capture anything will always be entertaining to me. Thwacky's development was clearly the highlight. Now does this episode make me care about Goh's Grookey?... Nope. Still don't care. Finally ranking, C.

Sobble Bubble-O-Seven

Sobble is my spirit animal.
Reaction score

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Shinichiro Miki: Negigaknight
Kenta Miyake: Gorirander
Hana Takeda: Sarunori
Noriaki Kanze: Yokubarisu
Kohsuke Tanabe: Ingredient Seller
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Seeing so much Bachinkey on this list made me laugh.

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
I still despise the monkey, that is not going to change.

People are already mocking Gou's attempt to release it.
Comparing it unfavourably to Satoshi with Pikachu in Kanto.

Still don't know if this episode was made with that parallel on mind.

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
This is the third Grass-type mid evolution they have debuted in the 90-100ish (95 for Quilladin, 97 for Dartrix) episode range for a saga; I'm starting to wonder if there is some kind of bias the writers or whoever is in charge has for/against them.

Rainbow-Rain

Reaction score
This is the third Grass-type mid evolution they have debuted in the 90-100ish (95 for Quilladin, 97 for Dartrix) episode range for a saga; I'm starting to wonder if there is some kind of bias the writers or whoever is in charge has for/against them.
I don't think it's bias,

It's just that for the last 3 Generations the Grass Starter has been the Least popular of it's Trio in Japan, so they tend to show up later than usual

And even so, Thwacky was still handled better than Drizzile IMO