• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN102: Trial Mission! A Freezing Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokio's probably the Fall Guy here.

He's the only who can afford to be since we know nothing of his skill level

Man I hope they don't make Ash the fall guy so two less experienced trainers can seem stronger.
We don't know how much experience Tokio has tbf

We know he had Pokemon long before Goh did tho

Tokio's alive?!

Arcanine's back?!

TYRANITAR?!

I am very happy indeed.

I thought Tokio was a really interesting character, so I'm glad he's here and they didn't just forget about him entirely lol. I was pretty convinced he wasn't gonna come back so that is a nice surprise.
Also, not only has it been ages since Arcanine appeared in the anime at all, but if I'm not mistaken, the last time we saw Gary's Arcanine specifically was in EP270 - nearly 20 years ago at this point.

Tokio's probably the Fall Guy here.

He's the only who can afford to be since we know nothing of his skill level

We don't know how much experience Tokio has tbf

We know he had Pokemon long before Goh did tho
Judging by the three pokemon he seems to have (Bayleef, Gardivoir, and Indeedee) Horace probably either doesn't have much experience battling since it seems he's the only one who didn't bring a super effective pokemon to fight Articuno or has only caught two pokemon since receiving his starter.

Judging by the three pokemon he seems to have (Bayleef, Gardivoir, and Indeedee) Horace probably either doesn't have much experience battling since it seems he's the only one who didn't bring a super effective pokemon to fight Articuno or has only caught two pokemon since receiving his starter.
Looking at his team, he might take on more of a Healer role while everyone fights

Looking at his team, he might take on more of a Healer role while everyone fights
I have a feeling his team is like it is because his Pokémon match the types of Celebi, the Pokémon he wants to find.

By the time this episode finally gets dubbed, let's hope we don't hear another angry-sounding Gardevoir like the ones owned by Concordia, Diantha, Kimia, and/or Kublocke (don't even get us started on the Gardevoir from AG109).

Will there be another episode with Gardevoir in it, and have both it and Gallade (and perhaps even Ralts and Kirlia) appear together?

And here I thought that Goh flashback episode was all for naught...

Articuno redemption after being absent in XY?
Gary redemption after being absent for 30 episodes?
Horace redemption after a weird open ending?
Fifth Project Mew member reveal? Which I almost predicted.

Sounds like a very exciting Project Mew episode and a good refresher about what it really represents. My only worry is that each trainer appears to use more than 1 Pokemon, which without a doubt will cause some screentime issues.

Has Articuno appeared since AG? I don't think it has unless I've forgotten something. Last time it appeared was back in 2005 then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom