• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN102: Trial Mission! A Freezing Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOKIO IS BACK! I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!

Gary has a Tyranitar. Welp there goes Ash's chance of getting one in this saga

Goh's Pokémon selection is.....Interesting to say the least. I'm especially curious about his decision to bring Boldore to an Ice type battle.

I see Goh is using Type Advantages... I'd normally say this would be a smart move if this weren't the Anime. Given how Type Match-ups usually work in this show, I'm not so sure if this is such a good idea....

I really wish Inteleon were here but I can understand why he isn't, since he already had his time against Kingdra so it's Cinderace's turn to shine.

Cinderace and Lucario back to back again! I missed their one off dynamic

Wait. Why do they 12 Pokémon to fight off one Articuno?

Thank God they didn't use Greninja here.
This episode already seems loaded as is
And if I'm lucky, hopefully they'll save Inteleon for fighting alongside Greninja whenever he returns

Anyways this looks great so far

Also didn’t even notice that Goh is bringing Darmanitan!
I’ve been wanting to see him battle.

I’m guessing that Goh is after one of Articuno’s feathers, like how Gary was after Moltres’?

Yooo this looks sick! Project Mew is bringing back the heat. I enjoyed the moltres raid battle but it was prettt rushed due to how much was going on in that ep. But things look more promising here. Love that Gary is back with new pokemon and Tokio’s a welcome surprise. He was a great character in his debut and I’m glad he’s not just a one off cotd.

Also they’re showing Sirfetch’d next to Pikachu and Lucario? Am I sensing more kamoooooon screentime or what?

Woohoo! Gary Mother****ing Oak is Back baby! Oh and whatshisname from the Celebi episode here too. I just hope this is a item get mission instead of a capture mission. Goh is still not ready to capture Legendaries.

Since is appears Tyrnaitar and Gardevoir advertised in the past belong to Gary and Tokio respectively, Should we cross out any chances of Ash catching them?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention,

Why the hell is Ash using Sirfetch'd in this battle?

Yes Articuno is Ice Type but it's also Part Flying Type so it also resists Sirfetch'd's attacks

Lucario is understandable since Articuno is weak to Steel type moves but unless Ash also taught Sirfetch'd a Steel type move offscreen it'll be practically unnecessary in this fight?

I swear they.better not be using Sirfetch'd to make Lucario look better (again!) after that BS with the Bea battle

Maybe Sirfetch’d is there to shield the rest from attacks and not be the one on the offensive? Though considering this is a raid battle and Pokémon get taken out to make room for new ones often, it doesn’t exactly look good for Sirfetch’d.

It’s Pikachu, as it should be, because what is a dragon-type with water and ice moves going to do for him in this situation?

Whats a Fighting type gonna do against Articuno? Even less than a Dragon and Water type, since at least Dracovish resists the Ice typing due to its Water typing, making it neutral and is neutral against Flying as well + perfect opportunity to give Dracovish Ancient Power.

Whats a Fighting type gonna do against Articuno? Even less than a Dragon and Water type, since at least Dracovish resists the Ice typing due to its Water typing, making it neutral and is neutral against Flying as well + perfect opportunity to give Dracovish Ancient Power.
Your issue was with Pikachu, and Pikachu will undoubtedly do better than Dracovish :enzap: but since you want to bring up the fighting types, Lucario is a steel type with a steel-type move, and Sirfetch’d has dark-type moves to work with.

I am only into this for Tokio.
After waiting for so long to see him return.

Things look very grim for Sir Kamon; he'll get thrown into the freezer, literally.
Or maybe Satoshi's is the Fall-Guys team; to make Gou and Tokio look stronger/more competent.
I won't doubt Shigeru's skills ever, he doesn't need it.

I am only into this for Tokio.
After waiting for so long to see him return.

Things look very grim for Sir Kamon; he'll get thrown into the freezer, literally.
Or maybe Satoshi's is the Fall-Guys team; to make Gou and Tokio look stronger/more competent.
I won't doubt Shigeru's skills ever, he doesn't need it.
Man I hope they don't make Ash the fall guy so two less experienced trainers can seem stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom