• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN102: Trial Mission! A Freezing Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not only are we under the treath of a Pokémon being made the jobber here (especially considering that we have, what? 3 per person?), but the ''Fall Guy'' cancer has spread to the humans of the show as well???? Oh, f*** me...

Anyways, I believe Tokio is in a weird position here: he's the only one we know nothing regarding his power levels, so I could see them not having him job in order to stabilish his power, or they could indeed having him jobbing, because he's the only one we know nothing of. It's,,, tricky, really.

I highly doubt neither Gary nor Goh would be the fall guy(s) here, so I'm hoping to whatever higher powers is out there for them not make Ash the jobber. Or anybody, really. I just wish this fall guy trope would die in Pokéani, or at least they would pump the breaks on it.
This is a huge reason I'm not looking forward to this episode. Time and time again in Goh focused episodes, they will make Ash look useless or even terrible just to make Goh look good. You know its gonna happen here. I highly doubt they will make it look like a real team effort. You'll have Ash jobbing, Gary doing decent, then Goh just getting lucky. Tokio is the only wild card, but I can see them showing him and Goh together taking out Articuno. And then there's always the possibility of Goh catching Articuno, which I don't want to see.

Last edited:
Given that it’s going up against a legendar, that’s most likely the case. Now if only there were a certain fire monkey who’s proven to be quite strong and would have an advantage here. Alas, no such thing exists for Ash to use.
Why you mention the fire monkey, the fire bird has fought the other 2 so should fight number 3 as well

Why you mention the fire monkey, the fire bird has fought the other 2 so should fight number 3 as well
Good idea ! Probably never gonna happen tho :/

There's also another Fire/Flying that has successfully 1v1ed an Articuno in the past .

Is anyone else being redirected here when they click on the preview thread for JN103 and JN104 ???

Found this on Twitter:
Journeys.jpg

Last edited:
...Y'know, there seems to be a weird trend of Sirfetch'd being constantly pitched against Flying-types. First there was Bea's Hawlucha, then there's the Articuno from this episode, and then later on it's gonna face off against Drasna's flying dragons. I'm not sure if the writers are purposely doing this because of Sirfetch'd technically being a bird itself, or if there's some other reason for it, but I do hope the writers will give it a proper tool to combat flying opponents if this trend is gonna keep up. Maybe that's why Ash will be training with Clemont, a Gym Leader who's good against Flying-types.

I don’t mind a losing streak if it goes somewhere meaningful (looking at you, “Ash’s slump”), and it seems they’re heading there with Sirfetch’d, so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Obviously he wasn’t gonna Articuno anyway, hope he gets a hit in at least

I gotta wonder how he’ll take on mega Altaria though, cause he is disadvantaged against flying opponents. It’s not like he can learn any super effective moves against them. Also Ash has already used a mega, z move and gmax now

This is a huge reason I'm not looking forward to this episode. Time and time again in Goh focused episodes, they will make Ash look useless or even terrible just to make Goh look good. You know its gonna happen here. I highly doubt they will make it look like a real team effort. You'll have Ash jobbing, Gary doing decent, then Goh just getting lucky. Tokio is the only wild card, but I can see them showing him and Goh together taking out Articuno. And then there's always the possibility of Goh catching Articuno, which I don't want to see.
The best outcome will be to have Ash go and do something else while Goh and the others are doing the trial mission. Maybe they can force the people who are doing the trial missions (Gary, Goh, Tokio probably) to go alone or something like that.

Well well well, looks like I was right

Sirfetch'd really IS here just to make Lucario look better

If we didn't get know that Sirfetch'd is gonna be battling Drasna soon, I'd be pissed

Thank Arceus they didn't drag my precious Inteleon into this

https://twitter.com/GryphonCool/status/1502904872668057603?t=siXr9W8UsT2Ws5lSzWMOQw&s=19
Ugggggh, more Sirfetch'd jobbing. :cautious: Thank GOD the following two episodes will redeem this, and Sirfetch'd will finally have its moment in the sun.

So let’s get this right.

It took some of the strongest pokemon from very talented trainers, most of which had a type advantage, to frazzle Moltres.

It’s gonna take the combined efforts of 12 pokemon, many of which also have type advantages, to stand up to Articuno.

Meanwhile, Zapdos fell out of the sky after getting kicked in the face by a rabbit.

I am more concerned about Gou getting Freezer without doing so much during the raid.

Even if the writers make the rest contribute more, while he only deals the final blow.

...Y'know, there seems to be a weird trend of Sirfetch'd being constantly pitched against Flying-types. First there was Bea's Hawlucha, then there's the Articuno from this episode, and then later on it's gonna face off against Drasna's flying dragons. I'm not sure if the writers are purposely doing this because of Sirfetch'd technically being a bird itself, or if there's some other reason for it, but I do hope the writers will give it a proper tool to combat flying opponents if this trend is gonna keep up. Maybe that's why Ash will be training with Clemont, a Gym Leader who's good against Flying-types.

Thats on purpose. Its gonna lose to all except one, where it lets go off its anger against losing to Flying types constantly and Meteor Assaults Leons Gigamax Zard in a one hit knock out blow.

So let’s get this right.

It took some of the strongest pokemon from very talented trainers, most of which had a type advantage, to frazzle Moltres.

It’s gonna take the combined efforts of 12 pokemon, many of which also have type advantages, to stand up to Articuno.

Meanwhile, Zapdos fell out of the sky after getting kicked in the face by a rabbit.
Ironically, the weakest of the bird trio is the most difficult bird Go will have battled yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom