• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN102: Trial Mission! A Freezing Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Goh did almost nothing against Moltres; Ash and Gary were doing literally all the battling.
That has nothing to do with my point though as I’m not talking about how much each Trainer personally contributed in the battles against the birds. As I mentioned, I’m referring to the strength of each bird and Articuno is poised to be presented as the strongest.

And if we’re being fair, then you’re acknowledging that Go did participate in the battle with Moltres regardless of his contribution.

I think it really depends on the goal of the mission
Zapdos - Goh wanted to catch it and the Zapdos iirc was tired and needed to recharge yet still beat Flygon

Moltres - Gary just wanted the feather and got hits in but didn’t win with Ash assistance

Articuno - if it hypothetically takes 12 Pokémon they might legit have to catch it/defeat it and potentially have angered it making it fight harder

All that to say the goal of each one might be different which might explain the power difference

I gotta wonder how he’ll take on mega Altaria though, cause he is disadvantaged against flying opponents. It’s not like he can learn any super effective moves against them. Also Ash has already used a mega, z move and gmax now
Well, Drasna's Altaria is clearly going to Mega Evolve, and Mega Altaria goes from Dragon/Flying to Dragon/Fairy, so perhaps Sirfetch'd will learn Poison Jab?

Well, Drasna's Altaria is clearly going to Mega Evolve, and Mega Altaria goes from Dragon/Flying to Dragon/Fairy, so perhaps Sirfetch'd will learn Poison Jab?
It's definitely gonna be hard, all of the moves Sirfetch'd has (even Meteor Assault, if it indeed learns it), are all of typings Fairy resist:

• Night Slash and Brutal Swing: Dark;
  • Fury Cutter: Bug;
  • Meteor Assault: Fighting.

It's not gonna be easy.

I don't think that the staff would make Sir Kamon learn a move and job in the same episode.

Neither I believe that this will be a bad episode, yet.
Unless they make Satoshi the fall-guy to make Gou look better, then this will be a horrendous one.

If only there was a synopsis that revealed the Trial Objective......

Seems like wishful thinking. This staff was probably punching the air when they couldn't find a Dragon move in its learnset to go right through that pesky immunity.

That has nothing to do with my point though as I’m not talking about how much each Trainer personally contributed in the battles against the birds. As I mentioned, I’m referring to the strength of each bird and Articuno is poised to be presented as the strongest.

And if we’re being fair, then you’re acknowledging that Go did participate in the battle with Moltres regardless of his contribution.
Because you said in your earlier post that this will be the strongest of the three birds Goh has battled yet. He's only battled one of them really, and that battle was......not great. Zapdos was pretty pathetically weak there for a Legendary.

Oh I'll acknowledge it all right. And by acknowledge I mean I acknowledge the fact that he sent out Cinderace and had it use Pyro Ball.......once........which was dodged, so it did literally nothing, and then it had to be saved by Pikachu and Electivire anyway. Plus, that Moltres was very strong. Taking out Gary's Blastoise, his strongest Pokemon, with little effort, not to mention putting Infernape on the back foot-that Moltres was beastly. Goh (and Infernape :ROFLMAO:) didn't stand a chance.

Because you said in your earlier post that this will be the strongest of the three birds Goh has battled yet. He's only battled one of them really, and that battle was......not great. Zapdos was pretty pathetically weak there for a Legendary.
When a Trainer sends out their Pokémon and attacks another with it, they are doing a Pokémon Battle. While Pokémon Battles vary in substance across the anime and games, that's the fundamental aspect which was present. So, I'm not going to belabor that point any further.
Oh I'll acknowledge it all right. And by acknowledge I mean I acknowledge the fact that he sent out Cinderace and had it use Pyro Ball.......once........which was dodged, so it did literally nothing, and then it had to be saved by Pikachu and Electivire anyway.
"Literally" doing nothing would be Cinderace having done absolutely nothing, which isn't true. And Infernape wasn't much better, with most of its entire moveset failing, having only landed a Flamethrower which appeared to have been absorbed by Moltres.
Plus, that Moltres was very strong. Taking out Gary's Blastoise, his strongest Pokemon, with little effort, not to mention putting Infernape on the back foot-that Moltres was beastly. Goh (and Infernape :ROFLMAO:) didn't stand a chance.
I never said Moltres wasn't strong. But Moltres hasn't been shown knocking out 4 Pokémon, including an advantageous pseudo-Legendary, and needing to be battled with a total of 8 - Articuno has. Also, Moltres expended some effort with Blastoise, as it had to use several moves, including getting rid of its disadvantageous Fire-typing, after being struck with two super-effective moves.

Man if we had no information about that Drasna two parter if be fumming over the fact they made Sirfetched job for Lucario glory for the second time in a ROW but instead I'm only mildly annoyed.

Cinderace and had it use Pyro Ball.......once........which was dodged, so it did literally nothing
Not nothing, just a single useless thing.

Gou's battling feats, like the thing with Thunder, are just the writers favouring him.
If he somehow manages to be the MVP or defeat Freezer, it would be another contrived moment.
Especially if they make Satoshi, or even worse Shigeru, job in order to achieve that outcome.
I am not mentioning Tokio since his prowess needs to be established, and being the fall guy won't do it.

They want to make him more believable, then he is the one that should be crushed.

Not nothing, just a single useless thing.

Gou's battling feats, like the thing with Thunder, are just the writers favouring him.
If he somehow manages to be the MVP or defeat Freezer, it would be another contrived moment.
Especially if they make Satoshi, or even worse Shigeru, job in order to achieve that outcome.
I am not mentioning Tokio since his prowess needs to be established, and being the fall guy won't do it.

They want to make him more believable, then he is the one that should be crushed.
Oh, Goh should absolutely be beaten into the dirt. He's a rookie, an amateur in terms of battling. Ash didn't stand any chance against Legendaries when he first started out and neither should Mr. Writer's Pet.
Man if we had no information about that Drasna two parter if be fumming over the fact they made Sirfetched job for Lucario glory for the second time in a ROW but instead I'm only mildly annoyed.
Thank god for that, Sirfetch'd redemption finally!
"Literally" doing nothing would be Cinderace having done absolutely nothing, which isn't true. And Infernape wasn't much better, with most of its entire moveset failing, having only landed a Flamethrower which appeared to have been absorbed by Moltres.
It launched a single attack which was dodged. That's pretty much nothing. Cinderace didn't even need to be there. And to be fair, I said earlier Infernape stood no chance.

Last edited:
Oh, Goh should absolutely be beaten into the dirt. He's a rookie, an amateur in terms of battling. Ash didn't stand any chance against Legendaries when he first started out and neither should Mr. Writer's Pet.
I swear I don't mean this in a bad way, but god... I just wanna see Goh fail spectacularly at something. And this might be wishful thinking, but I wanna see something like this in this episode.

He's had it too easy. No one had gotten this lucky in this anime before, and Goh needs to be knocked down. And I say this for his own good.

I swear I don't mean this in a bad way, but god... I just wanna see Goh fail spectacularly at something. And this might be wishful thinking, but I wanna see something like this in this episode.

He's had it too easy. No one had gotten this lucky in this anime before, and Goh needs to be knocked down. And I say this for his own good.
Indeed he does. He needs to be humbled. For his own good (and all of ours.)

Cinderace needs to replace Quick Attack and/or Double Kick. The latter is redundant thanks to Blaze Kick. Soccer players use their head and feet only, right? So why not Iron Head?
Other options that would stick to its theme include Zen Headbutt, Electro Ball, Flame Charge and Focus Blast.

Other options that would stick to its theme include Zen Headbutt, Electro Ball, Flame Charge and Focus Blast.
Can we at least give Grookey some actual moves first, lol? Thankfully, Cinderace can hit Articuno super-effectively twice over, both from a distance and up close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom