• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN103: Satoshi and Citron! Great Friendship Training!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so Drasna does own a Dragalge and Druddigon. In addition to the Altaria and Noivern she'll be using against Ash, this means her team in the anime is identical to her team from the games.

(Well, aside from Altaria being able to Mega Evolve. Man, the XY games really should have given all the Elite Four members Mega Evolutions...)

So it is going to be personal for Sirfetch'd, which is why he is being used.

So Ash using a mon in a personal battle even when it is a logically questionable idea is hardly new (it dates back to at least Paul and I can probably find it earlier if I wanted to) so it isn't a new thing. Still one that can be bothersome at times.

I feel sorry for Eureka, unless she may deadpan at Gou's antics.

But at least Gou won't get in the way of Satoshi and Citron's interactions.
That's relieving, since that bond is very important to me.
Citron is one of Satoshi's closest friends, and their dynamic was heartwarming/endearing.

I don't mind if Horubii evolved, though it is not cute anymore.

I won't mind Bunnelby evolving, i feel like its overdue anyways, since it should have evolved in XY already. But i guess they went with the cuteness factor for promotion and since that isn't here anymore, Bunnelby can easily evolve.

Also: Poor Dawn. Yet another travel companion who returns with a team upgrade/change.

So it is going to be personal for Sirfetch'd, which is why he is being used.

So Ash using a mon in a personal battle even when it is a logically questionable idea is hardly new (it dates back to at least Paul and I can probably find it earlier if I wanted to) so it isn't a new thing. Still one that can be bothersome at times.
Wasn't Sirfetch'd denied the second Bea match when it had personal stakes?

Personally I would have preferred to see Chespin fully evolved, but I guess we'll wait and see.

Okay So lemme get this straight

Goh can have a Cinderace
Asahi can have a Azumarill
Clemont can have a Diggersby

But Dawn STILL isn't allowed to have a Lopunny???

Why is my baby Lopunny the only popular Rabbit Pokemon who got shafted?
20220310_182913.jpg

Okay So lemme get this straight

Goh can have a Cinderace
Asahi can have a Azumarill
Clemont can have a Diggersby

But Dawn STILL isn't allowed to have a Lopunny???

Why is my baby Lopunny the only popular Rabbit Pokemon who got shafted? View attachment 157567
She should have had at least one team change. It still bugs me that she's the only returning companion outside of the SM crew that had no team changes. No new Pokemon. No new evolution. Nothing.

Iris had Axew evolve. Brock's Chansey evolved. Clemont even seems like he's getting one.

I said in an earlier post on this thread that I hoped Ash would introduce his other Pokemon on his team besides Sirfetch'd and Dracovish to Clemont and Bonnie, and it looks like that's at least partly happening, as Dragonite's there too! :D I'm so happy about that! :bulbaLove: (The second time Ash has had a Psedo-Legendary Dragon in the Lumiose Gym.)
Dragonite meets Clemont.jpg

I wonder if Bonnie and Clemont might compare Dragonite to Goodra, since their personalities are similar, and if Ash will introduce Gengar and Lucario too?

This is the third electric Gym Ash is battling this series and the second with a Luxray. Lol, even if it's not a PWC battle it'll feel like the same thing more or less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom